• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

Skifi28

Did TLOU2 kill the franchise?
Yeah, all 10+ millions that bought the game are devastated and never coming back for more. Except for the first's game remake that sold well. And now this remaster that will also sell well. And maybe the third game. But I swear after that we are all done with the franchise.

Edit: Forgot the HBO show.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Ey7Grh9.jpg

What do you think?

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

This shit is coming out way too close to the original release date. I would have bought this day 1 if they had included factions. Thanks bungie! Good luck with your layoffs

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Absolutely, that’s why they launched a record breaking HBO series, a remake of Part 1 for PS5 and PC, a remaster of Part 2 with exclusive modes and levels and are in production of season 2 for HBO.

Dead, I tell you. Beyond dead.

It'll be terrible when they put out Last Of Us 3 in two years, and it only sells another 10 million copies. When will they learn???

Sad Fight GIF by Top Rank Boxing

Last edited:
This shit is coming out way too close to the original release date. I would have bought this day 1 if they had included factions. Thanks bungie! Good luck with your layoffs
This isn't a remake so it's not really a relevant point IMO, this is a bit of a remaster for those who are interested, if you never played it before you have the option to buy the best version of the game that'll be available at the time, if you do have it you can pay $10 and play it again with some new features and at 60fps.

Toots

Gold Member
Taken 8? I must have missed Taken 4 to 7. Is Liam neeson still in it?
"I don't know who you are. I don't know why you want to take control of the Mishima Zaibatsu. But I do have are a very particular set of genes. Genes that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my kuma go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will dragon uppercut you."

Lunarorbit

This isn't a remake so it's not really a relevant point IMO, this is a bit of a remaster for those who are interested, if you never played it before you have the option to buy the best version of the game that'll be available at the time, if you do have it you can pay $10 and play it again with some new features and at 60fps.
No it's just a pointless money grab. It already has a ps5 update.

Roufianos

Might pick up a used PS4 copy and pay the £10.

I hated the game 1st time, but I wonder how much of that was the dreadful pacing. I feel like, now I know what happens, I won't be as impatient for the next major story beats and actually enjoy it for what it is. Probably won't bother, though.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This game’s tech is very impressive. It’s a huge shame the multiplayer was scrapped. Dropping on your back, hiding in the tall grass, running away from enemies in a torn down city, and firing off a shot to save your life.

Might pick up a used PS4 copy and pay the £10.

I hated the game 1st time, but I wonder how much of that was the dreadful pacing. I feel like, now I know what happens, I won't be as impatient for the next major story beats and actually enjoy it for what it is. Probably won't bother, though.

TLOU 2 was $25 not so long ago on sale PS5 version. Used copy im sure you can get for coins.

aclar00

Idk, i kind of feel like Remasters are just ports that come out during a new generation. In theory, a cross-gen release may technically be remasters on the newer console.

What's different in the PS5 version other than taking advantage of loading, resolution and FPS? Are textures redone?

What constitutes a remaster?

U will say i wish my PS4 copy wasnt in storage

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Absolutely, that’s why they launched a record breaking HBO series, a remake of Part 1 for PS5 and PC, a remaster of Part 2 with exclusive modes and levels and are in production of season 2 for HBO.

Dead, I tell you. Beyond dead.

And sold over 4 million copies between February 2022 and June 2023. Super dead!

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

Not kill, but definitely polarized. You have a ven diagram of people who literally eat ice cream cones filled with Abby's poop, and people contemplating long prison sentences over defending Joel's honor, with a nice little intersect of people that can recognize the strengths and weaknesses of the title divorced from the pre-release/leak cycle.

saintjules

Pretty solid choice to make him playable. I'm sure people will still find a way to complain about it though.

Imagine one of the stipulations for Joel in No Return would be Abby randomly appearing with a Golf Club that's an unavoidable deathblow.

Last edited:

I agree on the disappointment of factions being cancelled. Can only hope some of the work is used to include a cut back version of Factions in Part 3. Seems a no brainier.

Don't agree on it releasing too close to original release date.

1: Was always going to get a PS5 SKU like GOT, Death Stranding Etc
2. They'll be making the PC version anyway so thats another reason to make the PS5 version.
3. No Return mode looks a very good addition.
4. It costs 10 dollars if you already own it.
5. I'd say the plan is to have Part 1 Part 2 and eventually Part 3 all be available under a PS5 SKU.

So even if we are very cynical about it you're essentially paying 10 dollars for No Return DLC and Lost Levels.

That's very reasonable for me and that's before we even discuss the actual remastered parts of the game.

Personally I think the only mistake is calling it a remaster. It's more akin to a definitive edition as the main selling point is No Return and lost levels. The remastered portion is just a bonus really.

Last edited:
No it's just a pointless money grab. It already has a ps5 update.

10 dollars when they're adding lost levels, rouglike DlC and remastering the game is hardly a money grab.

If they included no new content and charged full price we could have that discussion but that's not the case

Personally I think the only mistake is calling it a remaster. It's more akin to a definitive edition as the main selling point is No Return and lost levels. The remastered portion is just a bonus really.
That remains to be seen. Maybe there are new assets and it's not just a framerate / resolution boost.

We'll see what Digital Foundry has to say about it next week.

That remains to be seen. Maybe there are new assets and it's not just a framerate / resolution boost.

We'll see what Digital Foundry has to say about it next week.

I don't doubt the remaster portion is extensive and worth the purchase I just think for most people the additional content is a better selling point since the game is playable and great quality on PS5 already.

Plus we know people have developed a problem with the label "Remaster" and considering the additional content I feel ND labelling the game as that does themselves a disservice.

I don't doubt the remaster portion is extensive and worth the purchase I just think for most people the additional content is a better selling point since the game is playable and great quality on PS5 already.

Plus we know people have developed a problem with the label "Remaster" and considering the additional content I feel ND labelling the game as that does themselves a disservice.
At least Sony dropped the "Director's Cut" label they did for Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding. I still don't know wtf they were thinking.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
It looks dated as hell after FFXVI and Alan Wake 2, but finally I'm going to play it. Best way is to buy an used PS4 version and pay for the update right?
yes.

and it may look dated visually, but it plays like a next gen title compared to alan wake 2. TLOU 2 gameplay is like 4 gens ahead of that shit. (alan wake 2 is my goty this year too)

Last edited:

Kikorin

yes.

and it may look dated visually, but it plays like a next gen title compared to alan wake 2. TLOU 2 gameplay is like 4 gens ahead of that shit. (alan wake 2 is my goty this year too)

Yes, it looks smooth (AW is my GOTY too, but sure not because of shooting sections 😅). I liked the first TLoU yet on PS3 days, has been ages, but I'm ready to come back on the franchise.

Top Bottom