• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia announced for EU [and the US]

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
No, it's not.

Since Graces F was announced in the west we knew Xillia was coming too.

I don't know who your sources are but as dry as the releases have been, it wasn't a given until announced. As long as I've been following the series, every entry is not a given for western release so it's always a surprise when the few that get announced come over.

CrazyDude

A new Tales for the west is so uncommon that it is a little surprising so, yes, shocking!

If they bring the first and I invest, they better bring the 2nd game! Don't want another Legend of Heroes TitS situation >>

Is it that rare?

The only Tales of games not released in the U.S are Tale of Rebirth, Tale of Destiny 2, Tale, of Innocence, and Tale of Heart. Every other game has been released in the U.S.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nothing was certain at all.

Since this is a "Symphonia" (well Hearts in reality) game, I'd be shocked if it wasn't localized (talking about Xillia of course).

Graces f on the other hand was shocking because none of the other Team Destiny games were localized and Graces f was the very first one.

Negator

Is it that rare?

The only Tales of games not released in the U.S are Tale of Rebirth, Tale of Destiny 2, Tale, of Innocence, and Tale of Heart. Every other game has been released in the U.S.

I'm fairly certain the list is WAAAAAAAAY bigger than that

Aeana

Since this is a "Symphonia" (well Hearts in reality) game, I'd be shocked if it wasn't localized (talking about Xillia of course).

Graces f on the other hand was shocking because none of the other Team Destiny games were localized and Graces f was the very first one.
I really hope people don't go into it expecting it to be the next Team Symphonia game.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!

THANK YOU GOD... THANK YOU ;_;

OMG!!!

I can't believe it..... This is like a dream comes true to me!!!

I was preparing myself for the let down..... SOOOO HAAAPPPPYYY ;_;

I bet this means we will get Xillia 2 at some point :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm fairly certain the list is WAAAAAAAAY bigger than that

Going by the motherships (bolded are the localized ones):

Phantasia
Destiny
Eternia

Destiny 2
Symphonia
Rebirth
Legendia
Abyss
Innocence
Vesperia
Hearts
Graces
Xillia

Xillia 2

And the non-motherships:

Narikiri Dungeon 2
Summoner's Lineage
Narikiri Dungeon 3
Radiant Mythology
Radiant Mythology 2
Radiant Mythology 3

Narikiri Dungeon
Fandom Vol.1
Mobile
Eternia Online
Tempest
Fandom Vol.2
Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
VS.
Narikiri Dungeon X
Twin Brave  

Olli

Banned
YESSSSSSSS!!!!

OMG!!!

They said that we will get Xillia 2 if people actually buy Xillia.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!

OMG!!!

He said that european will get xillia 2 if Xillia 1 is a sucess.( BABA )

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm interested now that Xillia 2 seems to be taking more gameplay features from Graces.

Aeana

So does this one also have a story that wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Barney and Friends like Graces did

The story in Xillia is much more in-line with what western Tales fans are used to.
But if story matters that much to you in a Tales game, you may have already lost.

The story in Xillia is much more in-line with what western Tales fans are used to.
But if story matters that much to you in a Tales game, you may have already lost.

It doesn't but Graces F laid the saccharine on so thick that I just couldn't stand it;

first time I've ever felt "too old" to play a game

sublimit

Banned
This will probably be my first Tales game since a long long time.Actually it will be the second Tales game i've EVER played.

Olli

Banned
I liked the story much more than from graces. JRPGs need to be cheesy XD

Also the cast in Xillia is much better than in Graces. especially because of Alvin.

Going by the motherships only (bolded are the localized ones):

Phantasia (PS) (GBA) (PSP)
Destiny (PS2)
Eternia (PSP)
Destiny 2 (PSP)
Symphonia (PS2)
Rebirth
Legendia
Abyss
(3DS)
Innocence (Vita)
Vesperia (PS3)
Hearts
Graces (PS3)
Xillia
Xillia 2
The real list, which is why it looks much bigger to some. Of all the games, we've only received every version of Eternia and Abyss, and I'm guessing that's just because they were 1) already released in the West, 2) not enhanced, i.e. no need for a re-translation or translation of extra data, and 3) a portable version.

Top Bottom