• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D Land - conference media

Peru

Trailer and screens on nintendo's site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/titlelist/supermario3d/index.html

Speedymanic said:

Box art
super_mario_3d_land_boxart.jpg

Map
img_ss05.jpg

They're toying nicely with dimensions for this game - blurring the lines between 3, 2.5 and 2D. That's already started with the Galaxy games, of course, but it seems that more than ever the level idea comes first, and the visual style follows. Loved the big open air jumps.

Mik2121

The only thing I don't like is the map world on the bottom screen. I really liked the look on the DS and Wii ones. But still, it looks great, and even better in 3D :))

JaseC said:
"Super Mario 3D Land" is such a strange title.

I like it more than Super Mario Land 3D; seems to go together more smoothly. Regardless, the game looks fantastic.

Crewnh said:
Wait...the tanuki suit is back?

Yeah dude, that was known since E3! Actually before that.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I honestly think it looks good, and I'm starting to understand why they went with 8-way controls. The 2D and 3D are now meshing well together by the looks of it, so again I'm finally starting to "get" it.

Cannot wait. Looks so fun.

This game got a lot of hate initially. I don't really understand why. It looks like it has the potential to be one of the better 3D marios yet, imo.

Jinfash said:
I honestly think it looks good, and I'm starting to understand why they went with 8-way controls. The 2D and 3D directions is starting to mesh well together, so again I'm finally starting to "get" it.

Yeah, it really makes more sense now. I was worried about how they were creating this game based from E3, but my mind is at ease now after tonight. This game will be great.

watershed

Banned
This game is looking soooooo good. For me any fears of it being boring have been washed away, love the classic feel and 3d platforming stuff.

The 3D puzzle sections look WTF awesome!

They really show what 3D can add to a platform game (you really can't tell that the platform he's about to jump on is further into the foreground, until the camera turns to reveal where it really is)

Also, did anyone else notice how Bowser has a raccoon tail?

Kenka

Teknoman said:
I still cant believe this AND Mario kart are coming out back to back.

Feels somehow with a Flawless Victory coupled with a Fatality. Mario 3DS Land looks miles more entertaining than Mario Kart though. This game really steals the show for me.

jgwhiteus

Looks like a combination of NSMB and Galaxy mechanics, which is awesome - really interested to see how this one comes out. Only semi-complaint is that the musical style seems to be in the NSMB mold (trailer using the NSMB theme) - pleasant and fun, but none of the great, memorable tunes that Galaxy and Galaxy 2 had.

But it seems I'm going to be disappointed with the map in this game.. :( Why can't we get awesome maps like we got in Mario3/SMW/64? Loaded with secrets and stuff.

Hmm... I only wonder what the original game looked like before Nintendo bought the game and slapped Mario on it and called it good like they did with SMG.

Truth101

Banned
Lord_Byron28 said:
Hmm... I only wonder what the original game looked like before Nintendo bought the game and slapped Mario on it and called it good like they did with SMG.

Now I know you did not just go there.

Teknoman said:
I still cant believe this AND Mario kart are coming out back to back.
September 19- Kirby Mass Attack.

October 24 - Kirby's Return to Dream Land

November 13- Super Mario 3D Land

November 20- Skyward Sword

December- Mario Kart 7

When it rains it pours. And that's just Nintendo stuff. Throw in Arkham City, Sonic Generations, Aliens: Infestation (DS), Bit Trip Saga, Rayman Origins, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Dark Souls, and Uncharted 3 and from now to the end of the year is looking completely bonkers.

Salsa

boxart's awesome. I really like how the flower and blocks "pop up" beyond the 3DS logo on the side. The whole positioning of the logo and all really fits with what we've seen of the game.

Red Liquorice said:
I'm still not convinced. After 64, Sunshine and 2 galaxies, I still feel iffy. It's not a system seller.

My girlfriend was very exceptic about 3DS until she saw Mario Kart 7 and SM3D.

I consider that a system seller.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Peru said:
Trailer and screens on nintendo's site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/titlelist/supermario3d/index.html

Box art
super_mario_3d_land_boxart.jpg

Map
img_ss05.jpg

They're toying nicely with dimensions for this game - blurring the lines between 3, 2.5 and 2D. That's already started with the Galaxy games, of course, but it seems that more than ever the level idea comes first, and the visual style follows. Loved the big open air jumps.
Wasn't convinced by E3 footage, but this looks phenomenal.

Tenck

Anyone else get a Super Mario 64 vibe when Mario was being shot out of the cannon?

I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE!

blamite

Wow, you know, I wasn't really hyped for this game before, because of how simple and "dumbed-down" it looked, but that trailer really makes me excited for the game. Looks like there will be some bigger worlds after all, and the perspective stuff seems to be used really well, especially the bonus room, which looks like it actually makes awesome use of 3D.

HYPE! (the world map looks lame though)

Top Bottom