• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: God Hand

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This is the best game ever. Got this off from PSN for $9.99.

Dance3.gif

Seriously, despite the ugly and plain backgrounds, its ridiculous voiceovers, and it's rough appearance, it still is one of the best games in the PS2 (or PS3). The game is overwhelmingly fun and pretty crazy. In fact it's on my top 10 PS2 game right now. Not to mention the character models seems pretty nice... Like RE4 nice.

I'm currently at Stage 5, progressing decently though on easy mode.

Also:

Snap.gif

Elixist

Cant wait to get this shit, all the gaf hype for it and i just kinda forgot about it. When does the ps plus sale end, Tuesday?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Elixist said:
Cant wait to get this shit, all the gaf hype for it and i just kinda forgot about it. When does the ps plus sale end, Tuesday?

It's not on sale though... But you should get it! It's slightly buried under the PSN Only catalogue.

Elixist

No sale? I thought in the reveal thread it said that stuff would be on sale for a week after release :( , no complaints tho 10 bones is a great deal for ps2 stuff.

Dascu

This game is so fucking awesome. Shame there's nothing quite like it this generation. No More Heroes comes closest though.

Also: Gorilla dude!

Hopefully a load of people experience this for the first time now that it's on PSN. I remember importing it from Japan when it came out and instantly falling in love. Yeah, it's tough but stick with it and you'll end up loving it too.

ULTROS!

Dascu said:
This game is so fucking awesome. Shame there's nothing quite like it this generation. No More Heroes comes closest though.

Hmmm.... Is No More Heroes as good as God Hand?

Dascu

ULTROS! said:
Hmmm.... Is No More Heroes as good as God Hand?
No. Story and characters are better though. I mean, Gene kicks a ton of ass and the enemies are cheesy awesome, but NMH's got a bit more depth to it and features better cutscenes.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Fucking awesome game, it's a true gem in a world where everyone else forgot how the fuck videogames are made. It's like you're back at the 16-bit era with modern, groundbreaking IMO, gameplay. Tremendously fun, and you'll feel like your arm is the fucking god hand after pounding that controller to kick some ass :lol. Clover\Platinum is the best developer out there right now no doubt about it.

ULTROS!

Dascu said:
No. Story and characters are better though.

Aw. Guess I'll pick up Vanquish instead.

Mikami is my God.

Dreamer RD

All in this game is perfect except controls and lack of camera rotation. That gay couple made me laugh very hard. So, emulation is pretty good on PS3?

BadWolf

The fighting in this is so refined you'd think it was a second or third installment in a series. Best example of getting it right from first try I can think of.

Demathe

Neo Member
It's not for everyone.
It's pretty damn hard, but never unfair.
It's rough around the edges.
It's creative freedom.
It's God Hand. One of the best motherfucking games ever made.

Aske

Memories. The best satire of a bad game that's secretly an amazing game which nobody understood...ever!

Does the downloadable version let you smooth out the jaggies like you could with PS2 games on the old BC PS3?

ULTROS!

Aske said:
Memories. The best satire of a bad game that's secretly an amazing game which nobody understood...ever!

Does the downloadable version let you smooth out the jaggies like you could with PS2 games on the old BC PS3?

I don't know how it looked like on a BC PS3 but yeah, you can smooth it out.

I think the "plain" backgrounds, just like the looks and behaviour of most enemies, are designed as a throwback to 90's beat 'em ups.

Aru

God Hand is a great game, but never finished it on the PS2 because it's so freaking hard.
Not sure about buying it on PSN :(

kodecraft

Dascu said:

I agree, on one hand I'm a little sad on the other I would want a full sequel by the original team instead of a cash-in sequel made by another team.

Anteater

Aru said:
God Hand is a great game, but never finished it on the PS2 because it's so freaking hard.
Not sure about buying it on PSN :(

Did you play it on easy? Normal has an adaptive difficulty so if you're doing awesome, you get fucked, hard is obviously hard on level die, but easy cap all the enemies at level 1 and 2.

ULTROS!

Dyni Crippler said:
I'm in Europe. Do I risk a ban buying this from America?

Of course not.

Ezalc

I love this game so damn much, fucking love everything about it. I'm usually a little bitch when it comes to difficult games but I loved this game so much that I kept going at it. I played it through on Normal the first time and I beat it after much sweat. Honestly I feel like it wasn't as hard as people claim it was. There are some areas that can get irritating but nothing overly ridiculously hard. I wish more games had this game's humour. Soogood.gif times a million. Also DAT CREDITS SONG.

We're not Alexander. D:

ULTROS!

I wish there were more games that had this kind of humor.

The closest for me is probably... Disaster Report/Raw Danger?

For reference: http://i55.tinypic.com/27xe9no.jpg

Anteater

Ezalc said:
I love this game so damn much, fucking love everything about it. I'm usually a little bitch when it comes to difficult games but I loved this game so much that I kept going at it. I played it through on Normal the first time and I beat it after much sweat. Honestly I feel like it wasn't as hard as people claim it was. There are some areas that can get irritating but nothing overly ridiculously hard. I wish more games had this game's humour. Soogood.gif times a million. Also DAT CREDITS SONG.

We're not Alexander. D:

Yea I have a feeling that most claimed it being hard didn't get past gold and silver (or stopped shortly after), because it really doesn't get much harder than that. The hardest part is the hard mode since normal has an adaptive difficulty.

It's really a great and enjoyable game, I notice most bitches about controls because they couldn't get used to it, which is a shame, if they're getting owned on normal or easy because of the controls, they're doing it wrong and don't know what others are enjoying about this fuck awesome game

Ezalc

Anteater said:
Yea I have a feeling that most claimed it being hard didn't get past gold and silver (or stopped shortly after), because it really doesn't get much harder than that. The hardest part is the hard mode since normal has an adaptive difficulty.

It's really a great and enjoyable game, I notice most bitches about controls because they couldn't get used to it, which is a shame, if they're getting owned on normal or easy because of the controls, they're doing it wrong and don't know what others are enjoying about this fuck awesome game

IMO the hardest part in the game for me was
fighting that guy with the Afro in the end of the game where he has two women helping him, fucking whip bitch. Also the fight with the other human guy that has a GODHAND right before the final guy.
Those were the only two fights that literally had me throwing the controller across the room and shit.

Anteater

Ezalc said:
IMO the hardest part in the game for me was
fighting that guy with the Afro in the end of the game where he has two women helping him, fucking whip bitch. Also the fight with the other human guy that has a GODHAND right before the final guy.
Those were the only two fights that literally had me throwing the controller across the room and shit.

Master sensei and his god damn shadow clones
was the hardest guy for me =[

afro guy
was hard because he does a lot of damage lol

Danielsan said:
Not even remotely close, and I enjoyed No More Heroes a ton.
Yeah. For me GH excelled in beat em up combat like no other game in the genre has. NMH was more about the characters and story

I NEED TO BEAT THIS GAME
I'm stuck on the stupid samurai dude after you get through the desert...why is he so hard?!

Lunar15

Playing it for the first time now.

It's so insanely rough around the edges, and it only does one thing right: punching people. Thankfully, the game is only about punching people, so this means that it's one of the few games to be almost perfect at what it's made for.

Anteater

Zoramon089 said:
Yeah. For me GH excelled in beat em up combat like no other game in the genre has. NMH was more about the characters and story

I NEED TO BEAT THIS GAME
I'm stuck on the stupid samurai dude after you get through the desert...why is he so hard?!

:lol

Edit:
oops you might meant the samurai demon spawn, edited! Samurai fuckers were the hardest imo

Lunar15 said:
Playing it for the first time now.

It's so insanely rough around the edges, and it only does one thing right: punching people. Thankfully, the game is only about punching people, so this means that it's one of the few games to be almost perfect at what it's made for.

You gotta mix in some launcher kicks. That's where it's at for clearing crowds

Anteater said:
:lol

Edit:
oops you might meant the samurai demon spawn, edited! Samurai fuckers were the hardest imo

No no, you had it right. It was that guy, with the shadow clones...coming back to the game after months of not playing it to face him definitely didn't help

Top Bottom