• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First 25 minutes of Skyrim

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Someone better upload these on another site because Bethesda's hunting these down on Youtube. And quick.

K.Sabot

I see animations are up to the par of Bethesda.

I can basically confirm from seeing this that this is indeed Gamebryo 1.1.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ugh, game mini-freezing after conversations =/

GOOD LORD are the Animations horrible, that Knock back to 3rd person, was so horrendous ; ;

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeesh, this looks terrible.

The voice acting, the dialogue, the scripting, the jank, and the combat all seem awful. Definitely an open world Bethesda game.

web01

Man the combat is really bad, you would think after five years
they could improve it substantially. At 6:40 on the second video he swings and kills a guy
that his sword does not even connect with. Blah then at 6:50 on second video he hits a guy who just stands there still doesnt react for two seconds and says lucky hit...

Also hate the item interface, I liked being able to look at my character in the Oblivion menu.

Hopefully someone can mod that into the PC version but guessing it would be quite difficult.

Valnen

Dance In My Blood said:
Yeesh, this looks terrible.

The voice acting, the dialogue, the scripting, the jank, and the combat all seem awful. Definitely an open world Bethesda game.
Exactly why I don't get the ridiculous hype surrounding this.

ajf009

I refuse to watch any skyrim video. I want to experience it for the first time when I open the box and power it up

Tesseract

Banned
fuck this shit.

2znr29y.jpg

K.Sabot

ajf009 said:
I refuse to watch any skyrim video. I want to experience it for the first time when I open the box and power it up
Or you can experience the comments and lower standards! Lower standards = more chance of being satisfied!

Also: Is there any release schedule for mod tools? Are they at launch?

Valnen said:

looks miles better than Oblivion and Oblivion was one of the better rpgs this generation on consoles. the hype is justified when you consider how big the game is, how much better the graphics are and how they are improved a vast range of features.

K.Sabot

Hyunkel6 said:
Looks completely different from the demo Bethesda showed last month. Something is terribly wrong here.
I believe a Memento "Don't Believe His Lies" edit is in order here.
I remain cautiously optimistic now that I know what I'm actually getting into.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Valnen said:
People spent over 100 hours with Oblivion and that game was mediocre, at best. Skyrim seems to improve upon every single aspect of its predecessor so it's only given that people are hyped for this; including myself.

Kalnos

Banned
K.Sabot said:
I believe a Memento "Don't Believe His Lies" edit is in order here.
I remain cautiously optimistic now that I know what I'm actually getting into.

DON'T LISTEN TO ONDORE'S LIES!

So Bethesda's strategy seems to be:
1. Put in mountains
2. Put in dragons
3. ????
4. PROFIT!

Honestly though, it looks better than Oblivion... which is great for everyone who loved that game.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
ZombieSupaStar said:
the realization from people this is still gamebyro will be delicious, I don't mind bethesda games jankiness.

you mean the new engine is basically gamebryo, or that they are actually using gamebryo?

the action in the 2nd half of the part 1 is immediately better than all of Oblivion, you can tell so much is going on the the framerate doesn't even dip

Yoshichan

EviLore said:
Probably a view of everything below that mountain.
I don't know why (maybe because it's 6:15am) but I literally burst out laughing as I read your answer. Simply genius.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Eh, was expecting a lot from Skyrim but I'm really not feeling it with this first 23 minutes...

Smash88

Banned
I'm sorry but this game looks like we stepped back 4 years and just came full circle with the whole thing.

Combat looks uninspired and something old, the land/areas/towns look the same as Oblivion.

It honestly looks like they rehashed most of their assets and then packaged it into a new game and added Dragons™.

Spokker

Smash88 said:
I'm sorry but this game looks like we stepped back 4 years and just came full circle with the whole thing.

Combat looks uninspired and something new, the land/areas/towns look the same as Oblivion.

It honestly looks like they rehashed most of their assets and then packaged it into a new game and added Dragons™.
I agree with everything you said but I'll still play it for 100 hours as I did Oblivion, which has copy/paste dungeons and landscape and hyped AI that was complete lies. We have no shame and we know it.

Top Bottom