• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] November 2011 Boxart Thread

Kifimbo

THIS THREAD IS FOR NORTH AMERICAN BOXARTS REVEALED IN OCTOBER/NOVEMBER2011 - NOT FOR GAMES RELEASED IN OCTOBER!! US ONLY.

Some of them might be old (posted in other threads for example) or not final. I picked up some boxart from last month thread because they were posted late.

51oFGOZKp3L.jpg
512u8-%2BBRhL.jpg

51zApMUuNXL.jpg

lH2LY.jpg
51iNrK1laML.jpg

51PsX6zYZ-L.jpg
51xDgq8X%2BsL.jpg

61Fq63tu5lL.jpg
61meFY13bPL.jpg

61iyQjNqkHL.jpg
51J-W-TR0lL.jpg

51Wd1WAweSL.jpg
618feNwBDAL.jpg

51AAMlCs7DL.jpg
51qCM8Cq55L.jpg

51zS7nvvU-L.jpg
157300e.jpg

51lhZD861kL.jpg

61PSCb1XFwL.jpg
148670e.jpg

61Rh8EG0hYL.jpg

61pRHmDH7NL.jpg

Danielsan

That Borderlands 2 box-art has to a place holder. It's atrociously bad. Especially when compared to the box-art of the first game.

Kifimbo

Danielsan said:
That Borderlands 2 box-art has to a place holder. It's atrociously bad. Especially when compared to the box-art of the first game.

They already had a placeholder. It was worse.

I just really really HOPE that final the NA DMC Collection PS3 boxart doesn't have the tacky EU "Classics HD" silver line.
The 360 vertical artworks are so much better.
The PS3 silver line is a cockblock. Get it out of there.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Petrichor said:
The FFXIII-2 boxart is just as horrible as the FFXIII cover.
How are those boxarts horrible?

They're just simple. They're not good, but they're not bad either. And I like that they go well together.

Malio

There must be a box art template for horrible, motion-based games. Wii set the standard and now Kinect is following right along.

Durante

IMHO FF13-2 is the best cover in the thread so far. That's not saying much, but it really isn't "horrible" by any stretch of the imagination.

Wow, that's awful. The European cover looks a lot nicer.

1S9ag.jpg

(only posting the image for the sake of comparison. I'm aware that the topic is for North American boxarts)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
archnemesis said:
Wow, that's awful. The European cover looks a lot nicer.

http://i.imgur.com/1S9ag.jpg
(only posting the image for the sake of comparison. I'm aware that the topic is for North American boxarts)[/QUOTE]

It's still the worst FF artcover/FF logo by Amano

Xena

I liked FFXIII-2's cover, but from all the game impressions it seems the game will be more centered around Serah, so to me it feels weird they didn't put her and Noel on the cover instead... lol.

Otheradam

faulty_fork said:
Haha that chick is totally going to get both a water scooter and a bike on her head.
Have fun griefing!

Holy shit, I just realized it says "have fun griefing your friends" on the boxart. Is this for real?

Otheradam said:
Holy shit, I just realized it says "have fun griefing your friends" on the boxart. Is this for real?

Since it's a Cabela game I hope it will have a mode where you hunt your fellow camp members with a paintball rifle or something.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Otheradam said:
Yeah.

WoW should have that in the box too.

And you guys thought Kinect would bring a bunch of shitty minigames...

Also, Borderlands went from having an awesome boxart the first time to a pretty boring cover for the sequel.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
You people are killing me.. :p

Last month I said that the box art was placeholder..

This month is still the same.

You won't see final box art until much closer to launch.

Otheradam said:

The Cabela line of games are at such a low point of respect and worth already, might as well.
I remember always seeing Best Buy's shelves lined to the brim with Cabela games back in the PS2 days, wondering who bought them (apparently no one).

I have no idea why they keep making them today, WHO is buying these games besides "achievement/trophy whores" looking for their next easy-ass/dishonorable/shameless completion? Or maybe there's legions of redneck children in the US keeping it alive (sales are probably just that for Wii, and 360/PS3 versions are the "whores" mentioned before).

Santerestil said:
Alvin's smirk remember too much of Killing Joke. Not that the brothers are better...
When we get covers that are bad, at least some developers are nice enough to put awesome reversible art in. This Chipmunk reversible art is GREAT!

Tiktaalik

The PS3 DMC collection box art is atrociously awful. Is this a joke? The Xbox one looks sensible but the PS3 one is littered with just about every photoshop effect possible.

Totobeni said:
From
to
and now
lolz
I like the change.

The original art was too good for a motion minigame collection. People might see the epic painted floating island and think they were buying a legitimate video game.

Wow that DMC art sucks so much. It looks like they used Microsoft word art for the PS3 version lol. I like the XIII-2 art; it's reminiscent of the original.

Nirolak said:
It has an ESRB rating, so it seems Sony might be bringing the branding over.

I hope it's not the final box for NA. That EU "Classics HD" giant silver bar is the definition of tacky.
TAKE IT AWAY.

The 360 box is fine, don't know what the complaints are. They choose good CG artworks of Dante from each game and made somewhat sleek vertical art with each one, with DMC2 Dante's face artwork (one of the coolest CG from the series) in center. Not bad.

Top Bottom