• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 CE revealed - Video [Includes Pictures Of Jack And Armored Ashley]

YOUTUBE LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXlPl_Y1Xks

Thanks for the link OdysseusVA

Contents of the CE

Mass Effect 3 CE contents said:
Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition

$79.99

Premium metal case featuring male and female Commander Shepard
70-page hardbound art book
Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics
Fabric N7 patch.
Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print of the SR-2 Alliance Normandy
Additional in-game content including
N7 Arsenal Pack - Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
Squad alternate appearance pack
Robotic Dog for on board the Normandy
Mass Effect 3 digital soundtrack.

Screengrab from the video, I posted in the other thread.

fLuIr.png

bioware said:
"Ashley, Kaidan, and Liara were meant to be love interests throughout all three parts of the trilogy. After taking them away from players in Mass Effect 2, they were ready for a passionate return in Mass Effect 3. For Ashley's appearance in the series, we let her hair down and gave her sex appeal, while keeping her in a uniform that introduced the new Alliance colors. Ashley first bumps into Shepard as an Alliance officer on Earth, so her iconic look is a stylish officer's uniform, but later she will don a full set of armor."

Lifejumper said:
From the Bioware forums

Jack:

eRhrP.jpg

Liara:

"Fans are most familiar with Liara wearing her medical outfit from the first Mass Effect, but we instead chose the outfit she wore in Lair of the Shadow Broker downloadable content for Mass Effect 2. The jacket is a reminder of her background in science, while the more armor-like pieces get across that the galaxy is at war, and even civilians must join the fight."

bk9d0.png

James Vega:

"The idea for James Vega was to create a blue-collar military officer--a heavy-muscled tank of a man. We gave his armor more heft to imply that James is an unstoppable force. The team added a beard, scars, and tattoos to make him stand out from the other Alliance marines, notably Ash and Kaidan, who are both very clean-cut."

N2rnA.png
Lifejumper said:
Jack from the ME3 Art Book:

D7Et7.png

AAK

Definitely going to wait for a GOTY version for this. I recently played through ME2 (PS3 version) loving it only to realize the best parts (Shadow Broker/Overlord) were all DLC, definitely wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I only had the core campaign missions. Definitely going to wait and play ME3 in its complete version.

Akkad

Banned
AAK said:
Definitely going to wait for a GOTY version for this. I recently played through ME2 (PS3 version) loving it only to realize the best parts (Shadow Broker/Overlord) were all DLC, definitely wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I only had the core campaign missions. Definitely going to wait and play ME3 in its complete version.
Definitely?

Santar

Speaking of the music, I wonder if we'll ever get to hear the proper full Mass Effect main theme again, you know the one from the first one.
I haven't played ME2 yet, but I couldn't find the theme in the soundtrack.
Hope it's back, but from the sound of that movie it's only the one that sounds sorta similar to the theme but isn't from ME2.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The 'classified' bonus character and mission was confirmed (assuming it hasn't changed) at the retailers press briefing in Australia awhile ago, where the multiplayer was also confirmed (there was a thread about it.

Highlight the spoilers to learn about the character. Heavy spoilers obviously, and I'd advise those on a blackout (and otherwise to avoid);
it's a Prothean squad member.

Foxix Von

Wait.... So there's a collector's edition only character? The fuck?

There had better be a goty edition on the horizon.

Yuripaw

Banned
I don't wanna get the Xbox 360 version simply for the fact that it has that stupid Better with Kinect bull shit on there. NOTHING is "better with kinect".

Lothars

Foxix said:

Of course there will be a goty version, I would think it will be sometime in 2013.

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
Reading that blurb is depressing as hell. I miss old Bioware.

I don't know if it was the acquisition that did it or what, but it feels like they just stopped being what they used to be. Then again, the market is different, so I can't say they're all out of it. Christ's sake they DID do a good enough job for years and years to make me buy damn near everything they've made.

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
Reading that blurb is depressing as hell. I miss old Bioware.
I really think I'm done with the series. I never pursued a love interest in ME 1 or 2 and I honestly couldn't care less about it. I just wish Bioware would shut up about that aspect of the game or scrap it from 3 entirely. Obviously neither of those things will ever happen and that aspect is probably only going to gain importance so that might be my cue.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
EatChildren said:
The 'classified' bonus character and mission was confirmed (assuming it hasn't changed) at the retailers press briefing in Australia awhile ago, where the multiplayer was also confirmed (there was a thread about it.

Highlight the spoilers to learn about the character. Heavy spoilers obviously, and I'd advise those on a blackout (and otherwise to avoid);

Is it the Collector's version of Protheans, or their real form that we saw from those statues in ME1?

inky

Foxix said:

Not a surprise anymore. I would expect retailer/facebook/whatever specific weapons and armor as well. Even some kind of platform exclusive DLC shenanigans.

scarybore

Not a huge amount new in the video really, N7 hoodie looks nice.

EatChildren said:

Rather annoyed that is confirmed, but it was hardly likely to be a mistake when they accidentally revealed that way back when.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bisnic said:
Is it the Collector's version of Protheans, or their real form that we saw from those statues in ME1?

No idea. I wasn't there (a buddy attended), but I don't think it was shown. The EA rep was just giving the low down on what the pack would contain.

JWong

Banned
I know most people don't care about figures, but if they had one with Miranda or some other hot chick, I'm all for it.

MNC

"Ashley, Kaidan, and Liara were meant to be love interests throughout all three parts of the trilogy. After taking them away from players in Mass Effect 2, they were ready for a passionate return in Mass Effect 3. For Ashley's appearance in the series, we let her hair down and gave her sex appeal, while keeping her in a uniform that introduced the new Alliance colors. Ashley first bumps into Shepard as an Alliance officer on Earth, so her iconic look is a stylish officer's uniform, but later she will don a full set of armor."

BAAAAAAAARF. Sex is great and all but come the fuck on, why give such high priority to this. Fucking bioware.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
EatChildren said:

Are you shitting me? I mean,
I know that there's at least one live Prothean in the main story, which is bad enough, but a Prothean squad member as a CE bonus?
Fucking seriously?

Also I love how the blurb is all about Ashley's redesign. They know that no-one saved Kaidan.

AAK said:

Dont know if I can wait, but I agree with wanting the complete experience when I play this game.

It would be great if the delay meant they were trying to fit all the DLC they had planned onto the final copy of the disk.

DLC during core game development needs to die.

Kyoufu

MNC said:
BAAAAAAAARF. Sex is great and all but come the fuck on, why give such high priority to this. Fucking bioware.

I like her new look, but if she still acts like a xenophobe then she'll spend some time with more bombs away from my team.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
JWong said:
I know most people don't care about figures, but if they had one with Miranda or some other hot chick, I'm all for it.

Would you feel comfortable putting it on display in your living room?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

"Ashley is fully posable and anatomically correct!"

Grakl

EatChildren said:

What.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

It's like I'm reading a press release for a Japanese game.

Kaldea

I didn't think twice about choosing Kaiden over Ashley. Still don't care about her in the least.

Nice CE though. Might end up getting it.

AAK said:
Definitely going to wait for a GOTY version for this.

I wouldn't put bets on there being a GOTY version. After all it has been nearly 2 years since ME 2 was released and there are still people waiting for a GOTY version of that.

As for the CE, I remain incredibly underwhelmed with what Bioware is offering. I mean come on a metal tin, robotic dog and a naff fabric patch, that is the best they could come up with ?

I honestly don't know what has happened at Bioware.

inky

The_Technomancer said:
Are you shitting me? I mean,
I know that there's at least one live Prothean in the main story, which is bad enough, but a Prothean squad member as a CE bonus?
Fucking seriously?

Also I love how the blurb is all about Ashley's redesign. They know that no-one saved Kaidan.

Does that thing in your spoiler is said in some DLC or the main story? I've haven't played the DLC even though I've bought it all. Yes, even Arrival, ugh.

Lothars

CharmingCharlie said:
I wouldn't put bets on there being a GOTY version. After all it has been nearly 2 years since ME 2 was released and there are still people waiting for a GOTY version of that.

As for the CE, I remain incredibly underwhelmed with what Bioware is offering. I mean come on a metal tin, robotic dog and a naff fabric patch, that is the best they could come up with ?

I honestly don't know what has happened at Bioware.
It also comes with that lithograth which may not be anything special but I don't think it's that bad.

Yuripaw

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Developers can't press a real CD nowadays? Damn digital OSTs.
Yeah, throw in a digital OST, I don't give a shit. The whole point of having a soundtrack included is having that cool physical extra.

It seems like the publishers with the most money are the most cheap. EA has plenty of money to press some damn CDs for a soundtrack, yet I bought 2 NISA games recently which were only $60 games at release (Atelier Totori, and Ar Tonelico Qoga) and they both have physical CD soundtracks. I think EA makes a little more money than NISA does...

Elginer

Guess I'll be upgrading my pre-order. Thank God I didn't read those spoilers. I'll let that sweet disappoint set in slowly lol.

inky

The_Technomancer said:
*freezes up*
No comment...

Oh, OK. I was wondering how did I miss it. Yeah, it's really stupid. At this point a keeper as a companion would make more sense than that.

From the Bioware forums

Jack:

eRhrP.jpg

Liara:

"Fans are most familiar with Liara wearing her medical outfit from the first Mass Effect, but we instead chose the outfit she wore in Lair of the Shadow Broker downloadable content for Mass Effect 2. The jacket is a reminder of her background in science, while the more armor-like pieces get across that the galaxy is at war, and even civilians must join the fight."

bk9d0.png

James Vega:

"The idea for James Vega was to create a blue-collar military officer--a heavy-muscled tank of a man. We gave his armor more heft to imply that James is an unstoppable force. The team added a beard, scars, and tattoos to make him stand out from the other Alliance marines, notably Ash and Kaidan, who are both very clean-cut."

N2rnA.png

Luigi87

Ashley, eh?

I hate Ashley.
Not only was sending her on a suicide mission the easiest decision I made in the game, I'd do it again!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
inky said:
Oh, OK. I was wondering how did I miss it. Yeah, it's really stupid. At this point a keeper as a companion would make more sense than that.
Seriously I mean, I'm not even sure how
they're going to fit a full Reaper into your ship for you to be able to talk to and bond with

Foxix Von

inky said:
Not a surprise anymore. I would expect retailer/facebook/whatever specific weapons and armor as well. Even some kind of platform exclusive DLC shenanigans.

Ugh... Just sort of pisses me off that gaming as a whole is seemingly demanding that I pay a goddamn premium for a full game. I've bought the last two games at launch, which I sort of ended up sort regretting with 2 since I just bought the PS3 version as it was actually cheaper than buying DLC packs, which are phenominal. I'd like to be able to get this at launch too but this stuff is just getting ridiculous. It was annoying when it was just weapon skins whatnot but this shit needs a line drawn somewhere.

scarybore

Sir Garbageman said:
Any world on the PC collector's edition and whether or not we can expect it to be released on STEAM?

At this point in time with EA pushing Origin hard? I wouldn't hold much hope for it happening, certainly at launch anyway.

Developers can't press a real CD nowadays? Damn digital OSTs.

You ain't wrong there.

leng jai

Every Mass Effect CE has been shithouse. Baffling why they go for so much on Ebay. Must be fanboys just buying them because they're collector's items.

Zomba13

I'll probably buy the CE, like I did with ME2. I mean, might as well as this ends the trilogy and it'd be nice to get.

Top Bottom