• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 CE revealed - Video [Includes Pictures Of Jack And Armored Ashley]

Melchiah

leng jai said:
If you're interested in that shit ignore 95% of CEs, its what I do. I've bought several game OSTs as separate releases.

They still make them separately?! I might as well buy it then. I love it when the game soundtrack packages are done well, eg. Silent Hill. It was a huge disappointment, that the OST in Heavy Rain's special edition came in the form of DLC code.

Jack from the ME3 Art Book:

D7Et7.png

leng jai

Melchiah said:
They still make them separately?! I might as well buy it then. I love it when the game soundtrack packages are done well, eg. Silent Hill. It was a huge disappointment, that the OST in Heavy Rain's special edition came in the form of DLC code.

Yeah man, hit up Amazon for western releases or CD-Japan. The Skyrim OST is in the OP of the OT.

GSR

The only things I care about in that package are the extra squad member/mission and the soundtrack. Going by the leaks it seems that
the Prothean got moved into the main story
, so I wonder who/what it'll be.

Unfortunately that's not really worth the extra $20 for me (especially with the soundtrack being digital), so hopefully they'll release at least the squad member separately.

But I want that artbook nooooow!

Honestly, the more images that get posted in here, the less I want that artbook. Dear lord...

I'm with you, Melchiah. I want me a physical version of the ost. Oh well, at least we're getting it this time. ME2 didn't even have a single song with their ce.

Mifune

Mehmber
If that's really Mansell's music, then any fears we had of him not respecting the first game's soundtrack were unfounded.

I'm excited for the game but I really can't WAIT to hear the score.

Ezalc

The_Technomancer said:
Also I love how the blurb is all about Ashley's redesign. They know that no-one saved Kaidan.

I saved Kaidan, fuck Ashley she was a bitch. Also, still waiting for Kasumi Bioware.

Tigel

Mifune said:
If that's really Mansell's music, then any fears we had of him not respecting the first game's soundtrack were unfounded.

The score alone validates the existence of the game for me.

Jarmel

Banned
Mifune said:

I'll be honest, I wasn't blown back by that music. I was more impressed with the music in the leak. I am happy he's using synths and is going over themes from ME1 but I would prefer more of his own work.

Mifune

Mehmber
Jarmel said:
I'll be honest, I wasn't blown back by that music. I was more impressed with the music in the leak. I am happy he's using synths and is going over themes from ME1 but I would prefer more of his own work.

The stuff from the leak was kind of amazing, for sure.

Kinyou

I'm glad there's no figurine in it. 80$ is high but still a sensible price.

And thank god that they didn't include that inflatable holoblade.

Already preordered months ago. So hyped for this shit. Seems like a fairly decent offering, for $20 more, so I'm actually fairly pleased over all.

So hard to avoid all the spoilers up in this thread. Like a minefield!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
LuchaShaq said:
Hope I can kill Kaiden/Ashley in ME3. Worst characters from the first two games.

I hope I can kill Carth a second time. Maybe we can dig up his bones and blow them up again.

LuchaShaq said:
Hope I can kill Kaiden/Ashley in ME3. Worst characters from the first two games.

Ashley is actually one of the better characters from the first game, just utterly loathesome.

She's a well written bad person.

Kinyou

Snuggler said:
I hope I can kill Carth a second time. Maybe we can dig up his bones and blow them up again.
He's living on some medieval planet. I heard that he and a certain Alistair are good friends.

scarybore

DennisK4 said:
What is the Mass Effect font called?

Slider, I don't think it's the exact font used by Bioware but it's what everyone on the net uses. From previous googling, I think it might be a Star Trek font.

Dennis

Banned
Deathcraze said:
Slider, I don't think it's the exact font used by Bioware but it's what everyone on the net uses. From previous googling, I think it might be a Star Trek font.
thanks

DangerStepp

EviLore said:
"Ashley is fully posable and anatomically correct!"
*Pre-ordered*

Ashley first bumps into Shepard as an Alliance officer on Earth, so her iconic look is a stylish officer's uniform, but later she will don a full set of armor."
Read that as "Ashley fist bumps Shepard" and preemptively rolled my eyes.

Loam

I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of an exclusive party member for the collectors edition. I can understand a redeem code with new copies, but having to pay $20 more to see the full cast is not something that sits well with me.

Also, was that
prothean
concept art I saw in that trailer?

Kinyou

Wren said:
I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of an exclusive party member for the collectors edition. I can understand a redeem code with new copies, but having to pay $20 more to see the full cast is not something that sits well with me.

Also, was that
prothean
Could be just another Zaeed. And by that I mean he'll have no influence on the story and you can't even really talk to him on the ship.

Suairyu

Banned
When I read paragraphs like that one about Ashley's sex appeal and see her uniform design, it really makes me wonder: were Bioware always this sexist and hetero-male-pandering and i failed to notice it before this franchise or is it something that developed over time?

Mifune

Mehmber
Suairyu said:
When I read paragraphs like that one about Ashley's sex appeal and see her uniform design, it really makes me wonder: were Bioware always this sexist and hetero-male-pandering and i failed to notice it before this franchise or is it something that developed over time?

Yes, the mere mention of wearing hair down and sex appeal is so sexist.

rozay

Banned
Wren said:

Also, was that
prothean
Never says the word exclusive.

I also find it kind of sad that the 360 and PS3 versions of ME2 are both $20 when the PS3 version comes with DLC totalling $24. Worse yet, the used version is only $2 less than a new copy, likely without any of said DLC :(

Top Bottom