• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN game Activation Trouble. Help?

hank_tree

I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem I'm having on PSN.
Basically I have a US PSN account I use for downloading PSP. games mainly. This is activated on 4 systems. (My 2 PS3's, PSP Fat and PSP Go).

A couple of weeks ago I bought and downloaded Fate/Extra for the PSP straight onto my PSPGo. No hassle. That was the last time I signed into PSN and bought/downloaded anything. This week I went and bought Corpse Party again straight onto my PSPGo. This time when I go to download it I get an error: 80109D80. Install Failed. Weird.

No biggie, so I think I can download it via my PS3 and install it that way. I try to download it through my PS3 and I get another error (80029780).

So then I get thinking that it probably has something to do with the new activation limit. I go onto the Playstation account management site and deactivate all my consoles (2 PSPs, 2 PS3s). Now I go back ponto my PS3 and activate the console. That works but again when I try to download corpse Party I get the same error as before. And I can't even activate my PSPGo. When I try and activate my PSP I get the error code: 80109D80.

And on my PS3 I can download games that I purchased on that PS3 but anything I bought through my PSP will no longer download at all. Even games that I have previously downloaded to my PS3.

I emailed Sony and they sent me this in response:

"I have further researched the error code for you and you have reached the maximum number of downloads for an un-activated system. What you will need to do is activate your PlayStation®Network on your PS3™ system. Please allow 7 days before you download more content to a system that is not activated to your PSN account. Unfortunately, we are unable lift or release this "lock" on your PSN account. In addition, I suggest that you wait the full 7 days before attempting to activate as you could restart the timeframe."

Unless I am reading that wrong since my PS3 is now activated again I should be able to download everything on it right? Why is content I bought on my PSP no longer allowed to be downloaded onto my system. Why can't I activate my PSP at all?

Anyone have any experience with anything like this? Any suggestions?

Eusis

Did you simply retry a few times with one method? I failed to copy Corpse Party over the first time, tried again anyway, and it worked fine.

hank_tree

Yeah I've tired a good few times now. When I click download the screen pops up saying "Activating" and then I get the error.

My PSP is on a CFW but my PS3 is not. It has been for at least a year now and I've never had any download issues before.

DonMigs85

Ideally you should revert to OFW when accessing the PS Store on PSP. The MAC address is probably hidden so maybe it thinks it's a different system each time. Have you checked Qriocity.com?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Took me forever since my PSP wouldn't connect through wireless and the PS3 was giving me that same crap. I ended up downloading and installing Media Go and ploping it onto my PSP that way. Same thing happens to my Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 DLC that I got as a pre-order bonus.

hank_tree

Ideally you should revert to OFW when accessing the PS Store on PSP. The MAC address is probably hidden so maybe it thinks it's a different system each time. Have you checked Qriocity.com?

Yeah I'll start doing that from now on. I went onto Qriocity.com and deactivate all my devices and now I cannot activate my PS3 or my PSP so everything is completely borked now. I rang customer support but because I'm in Ireland and this is a US SN account they can't help apparently. And I don't want to run up a huge international phone call bill calling US support.

They lock the PSN activation for 7 days if you try to play a game on a non activated system? Why? If the game doesn't work it doesn't work, why lock it? And for 7 days... oO

hank_tree

They lock the PSN activation for 7 days if you try to play a game on a non activated system? Why? If the game doesn't work it doesn't work, why lock it? And for 7 days... oO

Ah ok I see. I'll give that a go so. Still feels like bullshit that they have no problem taking my money but as soon as I try to play the game I've bought that's when I get locked out.

Ah ok I see. I'll give that a go so. Still feels like bullshit that they have no problem taking my money but as soon as I try to play the game I've bought that's when I get locked out.

Hum... what? Wrong quote?

I was only commenting on the reply you got from sony about the 7 day lock.

Top Bottom