• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command and Conquer: Generals 2? [Yes. It's the new "BioWare" game. New Screenshot.]

Proelite

Update:

Command & Conquer Generals 2 ?

http://www.generals2.com/mediastore/cnc-bkg-metallic.jpg
http://www.commandandconquer.com/mediastore/cnc-bkg-metallic.jpg

b10a570833bc.png

Original:

From the VGA streaming thread:

According to their Q&A earlier this year it's PC exclusive and has been in development since late 2009.

The studio is headed up by JVC if you've ever heard of him, though I don't think most people have.

We do have some pictures as well of what is likely rendered in-game art assets:

spni8py7gx.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-11-22-19or7zm.png

If you look closely you will notice the trucks look like more modern quad cannons and the tank a lot like GDI equipment.

Judging by their teasers, it will likely be mixing something resembling in game with CG for the trailer itself.

rk1vn4.gif

Proceeding with credit transfer.

I hope they put option for even faster speed. I tried playing it again some time ago and found the game waaaaaaaaay too slow.

Proelite

I think the trucks look Russian. They might have dropped China for Russia with the whole resurgent Russia fad going on.

Proelite

I hope they put option for even faster speed. I tried playing it again some time ago and found the game waaaaaaaaay too slow.

They should at least do it for the campaign. I believe the campaign was at 50% of the speed the mp is at.

I remember my favorite strategy in skirmish was to play as American and then capture China. Overlords with 10% more range and carrying snipers + rocket troopers.

They should at least do it for the campaign. I believe the campaign was at 50% of the speed the mp is at.

I remember my favorite strategy in skirmish was to play as American and then capture China. Overlords with 10% more range and carrying snipers + rocket troopers.

There's loads of fun stuff you can do in skirmish that are simply not viable online. Generals, like most C&C, was "Tank Rush - The Game".

Proelite

The more I look at the tanks, the more they look like Crusader tanks. I guess that means we have USA and GLA back confirmed.

Jigsaw

Banned
man i was really addicted to generals 1,i played it like 10 hours every day,it was the only c&c that "clicked" on me

oh scudbug how i miss you,awesome times

Darklord

Banned
If those screen shots are xorrect then it's using the SAGE engine. The same engine they've been using for nearly 10 years! It's such a boring, stale look now. All the games look the same. Get rid of it ffs.

Madrical

Banned
All over my face! I loved C&C Generals, even though it wasn't the game RA2 fans were hoping for, it was just really fun and the tanks were AWESOME. Probably the last good C&C in my opinion. Will buy.

But is this the BioWare game that was teased? BW & C&C... odd formula. Very odd.

All over my face! I loved C&C Generals, even though it wasn't the game RA2 fans were hoping for, it was just really fun and the tanks were AWESOME. Probably the last good C&C in my opinion. Will buy.

But is this the BioWare game that was teased? BW & C&C... odd formula. Very odd.

BioWare has a sub-studie called Victory Games which is a bunch of RTS people who has been working on a C&C related project since 09. So it's not like it is the doctors working on this.

dalin80

Banned
If those screen shots are xorrect then it's using the SAGE engine. The same engine they've been using for nearly 10 years! It's such a boring, stale look now. All the games look the same. Get rid of it ffs.

Kind of agree but on the other hand later C+C's started to get some decent lighting on the go and the sage has had a lot of mod and community support over the years.

Flayer

Generals was amazing online, and it wasn't a tank rush game if you played GLA since their tanks couldn't stand up to the USA/China ones so you had to mix things up (although the GLA tanks had awesome ambush/first strike capability with their rocket upgrade).

Mothman91

Day one.

I used to rush that bomb upgrade with the demo. GLA general and mass produce those really cheap pick up trucks. Good memories. And also rushing with gla before they nerfed the build time on tunnels was the shit.

As much as I loved Generals, I don't know how much I could enjoy a sequel if they keep the mechanics similar, especially what with more recent RTS games by the likes of Relic that have really raised the bar.

I'm a big C&C and especially Red Alert fan, but I've never tried Generals - and I believe I might have two copies somewhere. I've just started playing Earth Assault: Universe at War, but after I'm done with it, it's Generals time.

oneHeero

I was a huge ra2 fan and played online for such a long time. It introduced me to online gaming.

Anyone else play Ra2 online? Generals looked fun and alot of ra2 players enjoyed it i just didn't buy it cuz my pc sucked.

I'd love to see a return to form of C+C. Generals was the last good one for me... spent many months enjoying this game online and off.

Just a shame my laptop won't be able to handle what comes next :(

Tacitus_

A new Command & Conquercraft?

Bleh. Gimme a new game in the Tiberium or Red Alert universe. Prefferably retcon Tiberian Twilight out of existance.

Top Bottom