• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Zero 3DS (Fatal Frame) new videos

Dascu

Still kind of confused by this game. Can you even walk around freely?

Edit: You use a real booklet that comes with the game?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i made sure i preordered this today - i'm bound to forget about it and at 3000 yen on amazon it's a no brainer.

Fatal Frame games have a habit of becoming rare/expensive in Japan.

Can you even walk around freely?

where ever you are in real life i assume :)

There really is space for an awesome AR game and this -might- be it. Fingers crossed.

Zornica

Banned
does this game replace your walls with game textures? I´d have prefered a PJ Zero 5, but I'll take this one too. The concept is somehow unique and I don't know anything similar yet. defenitly keeping an eye on it

DCharlie

Same. I want my haunted mansions/villages/whatever dammit!

tell me that after it has ghosts hanging off your god damned ceiling - paranoia might set in ! ;)

If they can build a narative that works well with AR, again -i think this could be -immense-

wrowa

does this game replace your walls with game textures? I´d have prefered a PJ Zero 5, but I'll take this one too. The concept is somehow unique and I don't know anything similar yet. defenitly keeping an eye on it

There's another "real" Fatal Frame in development too, I think? At least there was. We haven't heard anything about that second Wii game in quite a while, I believe.

Anyway, this is apparently a budget release, so I'm totally okay with this more "gimmicky" approach. AR certainly is underused and I would love to see a game that makes use of it in a clever way.

the chris

Awful. Why would they do this? Gimmick-based software is such a waste of time. I'll wait for the next real FF.
I have a feeling that both of us are going to be waiting a long time, and even longer if it we are counting on it to make it to the NA and EU territories.

Rain_ng

Banned
Quite interested in this... I like the idea behind it, but I wonder how the story even works with all the AR stuff. Worried that it would kill the atmosphere of being in a Haunted house by having to flip to the correct page in a booklet in real life. Too bad an English release is pretty much never gonna happen.

DCharlie

indeed - it's a franchise that could do with a bit of life put back into it. At some point there has to be a game that breaks through that uses AR and given the standard game play mechanic of the "ghost camera" then this takes a familiar idea and dumps it into your surrounds - and with a "book that comes to life" motif?

I'm usually fairly down on this stuff but this -could- work.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
At the very least, this game will help 3DS show how unique it is vs DS for japanese people still hesitating to upgrade. It will be the first ambitious attempt at AR, which will give it a positive novelty factor. Do we know its launch date?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
You know, the last video sort of gave me a SH4: The Room vibe. Hard to explain as the games look and play nothing alike, but the concept of having ghosts invade your room is pretty much the same.

king zell

l_4ee9f4f40839e.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201112/16007158.html

did Nintendo buy the Fatal Frame IP or something? it's been exclusive to Nintendo systems for some time now!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
http://www.true-gaming.net/tgupload/images2/l_4ee9f4f40839e.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.famitsu.com/news/201112/16007158.html[/url]

did Nintendo buy the Fatal Frame IP or something? it's been exclusive to Nintendo systems for some time now![/QUOTE]Was there more than just IV?

Anyway, this looks awful.
Dat framerate. Par for the course with 3DS AR.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Can't see anything in the first video. The rest look fine enough.

Frame rate is more like par for the course for Fatal Frame, than AR.

Just wondering how meaty an experience it is, if it has any normal exploration etc.

But it should, given that first video, that wasn't just somebody's house in AR mode, lol.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Read title as project F-Zero for 3ds and actually thought I'd finally have a reason to find someone to borrow one from.

Erethian

Fatal Frame V for the Wii U better make it out here in the U.S. The system was almost tailor-made for that...

If you're thinking of the Fatal Frame 2 remake that's for Wii, and is probably coming out in Japan sometime in the first quarter.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a Fatal Frame 5 further down the road though.

Erethian

∀ Narayan;33503818 said:

In the US, definitely, and it started happening with the PS2 versions. First one sold alright (if I recall) and it was downhill from there.

In Japan, FF IV is the best-selling entry in the series.

Edit: Did a check and Fatal Frame 2 was the best-selling in the US, then there was a sharp drop with Fatal Frame 3. But even at their height we're only talking sales of less than 70k.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I was going to post something about the US AR ghost hunting game, and while I was looking for the name I found a trailer for it. After I finished throwing up I decided not to compare the two at all.

DCharlie

I was going to post something about the US AR ghost hunting game, and while I was looking for the name I found a trailer for it. After I finished throwing up I decided not to compare the two at all.

lol - yeah, that really doesn't look great.

Top Bottom