• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection: New Screens/Video

Whitney, over at SHHS, just got a bunch of new screens from the collection.

Full set: http://silenthillhistoricalsociety.com/?p=9457

Mghe9.jpg

7RgKP.jpg

NFtz2.jpg

ZcBTX.jpg

There is also a 5 minute video of Hulett giving a walkthrough commentary on the very beginning of SH3.

1UP has a 20 minute video playing through the apartments (very early in the game) of SH2 up on their site.

(Searched and didn't find anything new on these)

Killin' people ain't no big deal @_@ Just put the gun to their head and.... POW
Brandon... have you gone nuts?

I wish they would have picked some better pictures for SH2, since
they're all from so late in the game. I guess they just expect everyone to know or to have played by now, but come on!

They still don't look as good as the ultra-super-great PC screens that have been grabbed, but it looks fine now. At least we don't have missing modeled pieces and effects this time, haha.
The thing I'm still waiting to see screens/video of is SH3's
Sexy Beam.

Looks very grainy.
It's an option in the games. You can turn it off in the menu, but it's on by default. It would make sense to turn it off for screenshots that are supposed to show it's HDHDHD, but whatever...

This is going to be great. No original voices though, right? Also, anybody have a trophy list?
No original voices for SH3, but SH2 will have the option.
As far as trophies go, I don't believe they've been released yet. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Stupid question I know since there are already PC versions of SH2 and SH3 and they are "HD"
but will this collection get a PC release?

I'd love native 360 controller support

Stupid question I know since there are already PC versions of SH2 and SH3 and they are "HD"
but will this collection get a PC release?
Since it's konami, I'm going to say, with almost 100% certainty, this will never see the light of day on pc.
Prove me wrong, Konami. Prove me wrong.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can't wait. January 24 can't come soon enough.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I really don't want to be that guy but it looks like they didn't take the hi-res textures from the PC version of SH3 for the HD port..? It looks worse than I remember it looking on PC at least

Madrical

Banned
Killin' a person ain't no big deal @_@ Just put the gun to their head and.... POW

Now in HD.

That guy gave me nightmares as a kid. I used to watch the trailer over and over after completing SH1 and loving it, but I didn't own a PS2 at the time. Pretty sure that line was in it, and it was awesome. :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I really don't want to be that guy but it looks like they didn't take the hi-res textures from the PC version of SH3 for the HD port..? It looks worse than I remember it looking on PC at least
I don't recall the PC version using different textures from the original. They appeared cleaner, due to better filtering, but I remember them being the same.

Do you have shots proving otherwise?

No original VA for SH3 means I'm not buying it. Konami is so damn cheap/stupid.
Did we ever get a real explanation for its absence out side of
Unfortunately, due to factors both technical and logistical, Silent Hill 3 will be presented with new voices only.
source: http://www.facebook.com/notes/silen...ilent-hill-2-in-hd-collection/230717013661152

I figured it was just their way of avoiding another mess like SH2's VO stuff ended up being.

That guy gave me nightmares as a kid. I used to watch the trailer over and over after completing SH1 and loving it, but I didn't own a PS2 at the time. Pretty sure that line was in it, and it was awesome. :D

I like what they do with his eyes during the delivery. I wish more games would have more attention to eyes considering how much emotion they can convey.

dark10x said:
I don't recall the PC version using different textures from the original. They appeared cleaner, due to better filtering, but I remember them being the same.
Same. I recently played SH2 on PC and the texture work is the same. The ability to play at 1080p and the better filtering as mentioned gives them a cleaner look, but they aren't redone in any way on the PC version.

_dementia said:
People are buying this for SH3? Isn't that game reviled?
Um, no? It's not as strong as 2 but far from being reviled. Or at you thinking of SH4 The Room which is more divisive?

Ridley327

Not sure what forums you've been hanging around, but SH2 and SH3 are generally neck and neck for the series favorite.

Going past SH3 is where you start to see an all-out brawl for worst game of the franchise.

GABDEG

I like SH3 more than SH2 though...

For me it goes... Silent Hill 2 is the better overall game with a better story, but Silent Hill 3 had the best art direction and was arguably scarier. I don't understand how anyone could be "reviled" toward Silent Hill 3 unless it's just because it was the follow up to the game that many consider to have a genius story but it was still an awesome game.

Not sure what forums you've been hanging around, but SH2 and SH3 are generally neck and neck for the series favorite.

Isn't SH3 the one that explains everything regarding the lore of Silent Hill?
I remember people being upset that it removed the mystique of everything.

It depends on how long some people have been invested in the series and what game they like most. There have been waves of everyone hating each game since SH2 came out. People hated that it changed from what SH1 did, then people hated SH3, SH4, and every western dev game that came out. Just depends from what their background was.
It's best to just ignore that stuff and play what you like.

Man, this thread reminds me there haven't been any HD collections announced in a while. We still have Silent Hill and ZOE coming... is there anything else announced and not released yet?

I was hoping we'd start to see a landslide of them after E3 last year, but it hasn't materialized.

Man, this thread reminds me there haven't been any HD collections announced in a while. We still have Silent Hill and ZOE coming... is there anything else announced and not released yet?

I was hoping we'd start to see a landslide of them after E3 last year, but it hasn't materialized.
DMFingC

Ridley327

The reason why people dislike the story for SH3 has more to do with it being a half-hearted direct follow-up to the first game. It really doesn't say anything about how the town works and, as a matter of fact, you're not even in Silent Hill until the last third of the game.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Do you have shots proving otherwise?

Well, this is what Gamespot had to say way back

Gamespot Article said:
As you might expect from a game that's being ported from older console hardware to the PC, Silent Hill 3 seems to take good advantage of PC hardware. The game supports onscreen resolutions of up to 1920x1440, as well as texture resolutions of up to 2048x2048

However they may be mistaking the sampling resolution for texture resolution.

Edit: To clarify. No, I don't have any comparison pictures, I could take some and see if there really is a difference, but I'm not at home right now and I can't seem to find any hi-res pictures of the PC release on the internet.

Why did they change the va for Sh3...? Why fix what wasn't broken!!!?????
As far as I know, the only explanation we've gotten from Konami was this on their facebook page-
Unfortunately, due to factors both technical and logistical, Silent Hill 3 will be presented with new voices only.
source: http://www.facebook.com/notes/silen...ilent-hill-2-in-hd-collection/230717013661152

I still think it's their way of avoiding another repeat of what happened to SH2's vo stuff. Or maybe it's something weird to do with Douglas' voice actor having passed away. Who knows, at this point? Until Konami or someone in charge states otherwise, we're simply without.

Why did they change the va for Sh3...? Why fix what wasn't broken!!!?????

rumor is no one can track down Heather Morris so she can give her blessing

spooooooky

I think it's bullshit though, why not just recast Heather and use the old voices for everyone else?

ScOULaris

rumor is no one can track down Heather Morris so she can give her blessing

spooooooky

I think it's bullshit though, why not just recast Heather and use the old voices for everyone else?

Damnit. I thought they were including the original voices for both games. While Silent Hill 2's new voices didn't bother me, that new Heather V.A. sounds like shit in the video linked in the OP. I'll still be buying the collection, but I can't help but feel like its been a missed opportunity in more ways than one. I just want two of the best survival horror games ever made to be preserved on one disc and presented as we remember them, only with visual enhancements.

JoeFenix

The ports look extremely sloppy, especialy SH2.

Watched the gameplay footage on 1up and the game is loaded with graphical glitches, it looks really shitty. Hijinx studios..... Wtf was Konami thinking?

Bummer on the delay, I was looking forward to this to come out later this month. And March has considerably more games coming out than January.Konami did a great job with the MGS Collection, I hope this is up to the same standards.

so the one I can't have the OG voice acting on, is the one that had half decent voice acting?

the one I didn't want redone?

really not sure if i want to get this anymore.

Top Bottom