• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection: New Screens/Video

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Silent Hill HD Collection |OT| There was a voice here, it's gone now.

Yeah this is perfect.

Should I post the OP soon? It's not like we know the actual release date but all we know it's early March. :p

randomwab

Flawless.

So we don't know a date for this yet? Konami are the worst. I'm dying to replay these and I've been holding off for the HD collection despite being in a very Silent Hill mood. Even decided to grab some merch I hadn't yet bought, including importing a Japanese Silent Hill 2 poster for $140.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I managed to find SH3 for PS2 cheap on the net yesterday. Since I already have SH2 for PS2, I'm thinking of just picking up SH3 too rather than this half-assed HD Collection Konami is shovelling out the door.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Great job! Yeah those loading times are horrible for 2012! I thought that'd be at least the ONE thing that they would clean up in this HD collection.

Yeah, this is a definite pass.

RPGCrazied

Still can't believe 1 and 4 is missing from the collection. I guess having 4 games in a bundle is to good to be true, but they still could've given us 4.

Still can't believe 1 and 4 is missing from the collection. I guess having 4 games in a bundle is to good to be true, but they still could've given us 4.

As I've said before, the number of people actively seeking SH4 probably isn't worth the time/effort/money to mess with it, in their eyes.

I wouldn't have minded it, but thems the breaks.

I still don't understand all the fuss over this collection. There are plenty of two game collections out there and the SH one is the same price as those. SH1 is super cheap on PSN for $5.99 which is great because used copies can go for thirty dollars or more. Also, I like SH4, but it's nowhere near as good as 2+3. How many of you would actually play it again? Based on all the hate I see for that game, I'm surprised to hear so much complaining about its absence from the collection.

I'll defend SH4 for what it tried to do, the excellent soundtrack, and the interesting story, but the gameplay is horrible and the overall look of the levels feels bland. I tried starting the game recently and I will say that the beginning is fantastic. The first-person apartment concept is brilliant and very eerie. Then I get to the subway world with the terrible melee combat and how dull the subway level looks, and it just killed my interest.

I know the Silent Hill games were never a showcase of spectacular combat, but trying to get Henry to dodge and whack those slurper dogs was unpleasant.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'll defend SH4 for what it tried to do, the excellent soundtrack, and the interesting story, but the gameplay is horrible and the overall look of the levels feels bland. I tried starting the game recently and I will say that the beginning is fantastic. The first-person apartment concept is brilliant and very eerie. Then I get to the subway world with the terrible melee combat and how dull the subway level looks, and it just killed my interest.

I know the Silent Hill games were never a showcase of spectacular combat, but trying to get Henry to dodge and whack those slurper dogs was unpleasant.
Yeah, the apartment part of the game was great. The little differences each time you got back for some reason felt very disturbing to me, unlike most of the core game. The whole killer theme I thought was pretty good too.

But, unfortunately, bizarre monster design decisions (giant apes? annoying immortal ghosts? burping nurses? WTF!) and uninteresting levels overdid the good stuff.

Better than everything that came after though, and I didn't really mind Origin and Homecoming all that much.

I still don't understand all the fuss over this collection. There are plenty of two game collections out there and the SH one is the same price as those. SH1 is super cheap on PSN for $5.99 which is great because used copies can go for thirty dollars or more. Also, I like SH4, but it's nowhere near as good as 2+3. How many of you would actually play it again? Based on all the hate I see for that game, I'm surprised to hear so much complaining about its absence from the collection.

The collection is actually priced quite accordingly over here: I can pre-order it for the generous sum of £23, whereas the two-game Team ICO collection set me back at a slighter pricier £28; the cheapest I could find it at launch day. So yeah, rather that than have to pay an extra fiver or so for a game I'll never go near again with a 60ft barge pole.

Yeah, the apartment part of the game was great. The little differences each time you got back for some reason felt very disturbing to me, unlike most of the core game. The whole killer theme I thought was pretty good too.

But, unfortunately, bizarre monster design decisions (giant apes? annoying immortal ghosts? burping nurses? WTF!) and uninteresting levels overdid the good stuff.

Better than everything that came after though, and I didn't really mind Origin and Homecoming all that much.

The monsters (aside from maybe one or two) were pretty bad. It wasn't the same artist as the first three games, so it makes sense. It doesn't make it better, though.

Oh, and I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed Eileen's AI. Without that candle trick near the end of the game, I don't think it would have been possible for me to achieve a good ending.

Top Bottom