• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 announcement on Jan 19? [IGN: Resident Evil 6 Details Incoming]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't need to wait until RE: Revelations is out to announce RE6, what does that say about how important RE:R really is to the overall storyline?

cvxfreak

If they don't need to wait until RE: Revelations is out to announce RE6, what does that say about how important RE:R really is to the overall storyline?

Happens all the time with this series.

RE4 was announced even before CODE: Veronica hit in 2000, if I remember correctly.

It doesn't say anything. Even if it was announced later the stories wouldn't necessarily be related...

hope they announce a Wii-U version as an early tidbit of news for that console.

Tadale

I think it's smart to announce RE:6 right before Revelations comes out. Should get people interested in the series again.

Happens all the time with this series.

RE4 was announced even before CODE: Veronica hit in 2000, if I remember correctly.

Really? I don't seem to remember that and I followed RE very closely around 2000s (in games magazines that is so you might be right anyway + cvxfreak cred of course!). That would be crazy.

cvxfreak

Really? I don't seem to remember that and I followed RE very closely around 2000s (in games magazines that is so you might be right anyway + cvxfreak cred of course!). That would be crazy.

Even if I were mistaken, there are other examples in the series. CODE: Veronica was actually announced before RE3; this I know for sure. Darkside Chronicles was announced a few days before RE5 was released. And so forth...

Either way, the real loser wouldn't be Revelations, but Operation Raccoon City.

Right, and apart from a brief throwaway line from Ada about Wesker, CV's plot isn't referenced whatsoever in RE4 because it isn't that important.

That's because the RE4 released in 2005 was vastly different from the RE4 that began initially as DMC and then morphed into the Progenitor Virus trailer seen in 2002 -- the Progenitor Virus being first mentioned in CODE: Veronica (RE2 N64, actually), of course.

There are no zombies in RE6, instead you are to play as Sheva, who has to endure wave after wave of racism! :p

So hyped for this. China will be a brilliant setting for an RE game.

That's because the RE4 released in 2005 was vastly different from the RE4 that began initially as DMC and then morphed into the Progenitor Virus trailer seen in 2002 -- the Progenitor Virus being first mentioned in CODE: Veronica (RE2 N64, actually), of course.

Yeah, true. I suspect a lot of the original RE4's plot got brought over to RE5 instead (Osmund Saddler was almost certainly Ozwell Spencer at one point). Fortunately, Mikami's smart enough to know that games are better when they're fun and the plot serves to be entertaining instead of confusing.
So hyped for this. China will be a brilliant setting for an RE game.
And I'll be able to understand what the enemies are muttering again! Yay! All the Ganados-equivalents screaming WO DA SI NI will remind me of every Asian parent ever.

Spoil me, who is it and how?

Alex Wesker, the other remaining survivor of the Wesker children, who may be fulfilling Spencer's plans even beyond his death. I wouldn't be surprised to see something goofy like Spencer having transplanted his mind into Alex Wesker.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Alex Wesker, the other remaining survivor of the Wesker children, who may be fulfilling Spencer's plans even beyond his death. I wouldn't be surprised to see something goofy like Spencer having transplanted his mind into Alex Wesker.

Oh yeah, now I remember.

I'm also expecting Claire Redfield fighting against Steve Burnside Resurrected in RE6. :p

Oh god, a new (main story) Resident Evil game still hypes me to no end. I've enjoyed them all, even 5. C'mon Konami, make this shit good!

H Y P E D

Sectus

If I recall, the files stated he
broke all comminucations with Spencer. So whatever he's researching on, it seems like he didn't want Spencer involved anymore.

If I recall, the files stated he
broke all comminucations with Spencer. So whatever he's researching on, it seems like he didn't want Spencer involved anymore.

If I'm remembering right, I think he was
researching something regarding potential immortality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom