• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Varshes

North American circle pad packaging!

circlepad.jpg

Sadist

Damn, there goes like 90% of my hype. It was Hell mode that sold me on the demo and the game.
Seriously, the demo makes normal look a tad easy. It's a neat challenge.

Btw, I had not idea what the retailprice was of the CCP. Man, I'm glad I saw the Zavvi deal.

GeekyDad

Just watched the GT review, and I'm disappointed to hear there are no real puzzles in the game. So, when Capcom said they were getting back to the roots of the franchise, they were essentially full of shit, eh? Ah well, I'll still try to enjoy it as another action game, and the Raid Mode sounds awesome. Just a little disheartened they didn't do more to make it a bonafide RE experience.

NeoRausch

Playtime?
22 hours total. RAID-mode has 9 hours clocked. So that makes 13 hours. But i like to play my shit slowly and detailed. Let's call it 11 hours for now.

And you people need to get your mind off of hell-mode. This game is awesome, and no one knows the details for now.

buy it!

GJS

Does anyone know whether the custom parts "Infighter 1" and "Damage 2" stack? I can equip them at the same time but I'm not sure if they really stack as "Infighter 1" says Maximum change is 20%.

Toge

http://us5.chatzy.com/32578855196823

I'm in here and a few others (GAFers I presume but I don't recognise the names). I'm having dinner right now but I'm up for games in about 30mins.

edit:

To all those posting FCs - its cool you're all adding each other but the way the Nintendo 3DS works theres not a good way of communicating to each other when you're online, it sucks.

http://us5.chatzy.com/32578855196823

I'm in here and a few others (GAFers I presume but I don't recognise the names). I'm having dinner right now but I'm up for games in about 30mins.

edit:

To all those posting FCs - its cool you're all adding each other but the way the Nintendo 3DS works theres not a good way of communicating to each other when you're online, it sucks.

Worked and still works great in the Mk7 community thread though. Not that I want to defend the 3DS's lackluster online approach, but I'm sitting next to my computer with GAF open all of the time while I'm playing this, so marchmaking shouldn't be a problem, at least not for us.

- J - D -

I was just listening to this week's episode of Giant Bomb's bombcast, and can't believe Brad said this game looked like a PSP game. For shame.

NeoRausch

I'm up for a round or two. Anybody wanna join?

psp game....lol

EDIT: Sorry forgot, i.m at lvl 28, open for everything, want to make out on the last set on normal, no blondes. Thight ass needed. :p

Sectus

Normal difficulty took 9 hours for me to complete. I enjoyed the game, but I really wish they had kept a consistent design. I really liked the parts of the game which had a focus on exploration, I definitely didn't like the parts which were nothing but a linear shooter. I think the game's primary fault is that the combat isn't as dynamic as in RE4/RE5. There just isn't as many options for how to deal with the enemies. The new mechanics for evading and getting knocked down are really neat though. And bolt action rifle with improved fire rate is super badass.

I'm going through the raid mode now. It's fun, but I wish they had thrown out the silly leveling/loot system. I would definitely prefer something like mercenaries instead where it's all about a set challenge and you getting a high score. This mode seems way way too imbalanced. So far I'm breezing through a ton of the levels easily since I happened to get powerful weapon drops.

O__O

I hope this is not true :C

This has probably already been mentioned, but Hellish is also "new game+" so you start with all your weapons and upgrade after finishing the game. I've only played a few levels, but Hellish didn't actually seem that difficult.

Sorry if this has already been asked: how much do things cost in Play Coins in Raid Mode?

Or perhaps a better question, how many coins should I have saved up before I get this game?

NeoRausch

Sorry if this has already been asked: how much do things cost in Play Coins in Raid Mode?

Or perhaps a better question, how many coins should I have saved up before I get this game?
U can only buy weapons and they seem to always cost 10 PC....always. No matter what lvl. Didnt really use any pc for now, always bought the same stuff for the ingame currency BP.

Toge

U can only buy weapons and they seem to always cost 10 PC....always. No matter what lvl. Didnt really use any pc for now, always bought the same stuff for the ingame currency BP.

where were you? me and daakusedo was in the chatroom playing for quite a while! we got murdered in stage 21

edit: theres 10 people the chatroom and only 2 of us talking lol

Toge

Worked and still works great in the Mk7 community thread though. Not that I want to defend the 3DS's lackluster online approach, but I'm sitting next to my computer with GAF open all of the time while I'm playing this, so marchmaking shouldn't be a problem, at least not for us.

I have to defend the argument for webchat - this is a co-op game you may need to talk to each other. MK7 is everyone against everybody.

NeoRausch

where were you? me and daakusedo was in the chatroom playing for quite a while! we got murdered in stage 21

edit: theres 10 people the chatroom and only 2 of us talking lol
Got pretty wasted. Lol. Where is the way to drunk thread....:p. trying raid 20 naow

demonkaze

So I just finished the game (awesome btw, one of my faves) and in the credits i noticed something interesting. Shinji mikami is listed as a background designer.

GJS

You can buy custom parts too, it's just there as an alternative option in case you have some play coins saved up.

wrowa

Finished it today ... and now my soul feels empty. ;(

Really enjoyed the experience. It's one of the few game that made me feel sad that it's over after having seen the credits.

I'm up to the last chapter fighting Bullety McSpongerton. This is one of the better RE games. I'd say up there with my 3 faves - RE4, RE2 and REmake. It has flaws with pacing in the latter half of the story, but it's still a better done game than RE5/0.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Raid Mode is so, so ideal for a handheld multiplayer cooperative mode.

hatchx

Banned
Just watched the GT review, and I'm disappointed to hear there are no real puzzles in the game. So, when Capcom said they were getting back to the roots of the franchise, they were essentially full of shit, eh? Ah well, I'll still try to enjoy it as another action game, and the Raid Mode sounds awesome. Just a little disheartened they didn't do more to make it a bonafide RE experience.

There's more puzzles than the GT review leads to believe. But there is less than a typical Resident Evil. I'm only on chapter 5, but so far i'd say the puzzles are about even with RE4.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
There's more puzzles than the GT review leads to believe. But there is less than a typical Resident Evil. I'm only on chapter 5, but so far i'd say the puzzles are about even with RE4.

I can't remember a puzzle. There are some levers you have to pull to get a cog, but they're all very A to B to C.

I wouldn't have minded some real puzzles. I didn't miss them at the time, but in hindsight it would have been nice.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Shame i am on night shift next week....
Need to crack on with this game.. want more raid mode levels unlocked.. is it a bad thing i will play campaign for finishing the game for no other purposes than unlocking more raid levels

cvxfreak

I can't remember a puzzle. There are some levers you have to pull to get a cog, but they're all very A to B to C.

I wouldn't have minded some real puzzles. I didn't miss them at the time, but in hindsight it would have been nice.

There was that RE3-esque math puzzle too... but yeah, not quite as many as I was hoping.

I must have skipped that part. He did though? Damn, I thought he had more sense than that.

I don't remember him saying that. I do remember him saying it seemed to him that the game was probably that rumored PSP Resident Evil, but I don't believe he was saying that due to the game's visuals.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno what they are called in english. It's the second difficulty in raid-mode.

Can't find ya.

TRENCH

Also, what's up with the ridiculous difficulty names in Raid mode? Could they be any less intuitive?

Top Bottom