• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you trust Obama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjb

Banned
Four years ago it seemed the President had GAF's overwhelming support & admiration.

Thus a fairly simple question - do you trust Barack Obama today?

WillyFive

His problem is not about trust, it's about ability to get things done when there is opposition. You can trust him all you want, it's kinda pointless though.

i'm not an american but knowing his opponents i'd vote for him in a heartbeat. i somehow think he will loosen up in his second term without worrying about an reelection. but that's easy to say without suffering the consequences of his doings.

I trust him far more than any other competing/related politician who exists/is forced to operate in this political system and climate.

Yes, I trust him.

shuri

Banned
He gives the impression of being so damn weak and powerless. Everytime he's on tv, he comes off as an intern.

The other potential candidates are ALL TERRIBLE.

i'm not an american but knowing his opponents i'd vote for him in a heartbeat. i somehow think he will loosen up in his second term without worrying about an reelection. but that's easy to say without suffering the consequences of his doings.

he'll go black militant on his 2nd term

Lax Mike

Neo Member
I trust him plenty, since he seems like a genuinely good guy. Being trustworthy doesn't exactly translate to success though.

No, but I "trust" him more than any GOP candidate. More importantly I'm more inclined to believe he's not going to do anything stupid, like start a war with Iran

KingGondo

Banned
It's not about trusting what he says he'll do policy-wise, necessarily--but I generally trust his intelligence and judgment.

That's much more important than anything, IMO. In our current political climate, I really think he's about the best we can do as a country.

Being president is about making the best out of a bunch of hard choices and shitty situations, and I think he's done a pretty good job of that.

Lesser of two evils. Also, not evil, just not the over-competent Superman we had hoped he would be.

GOP candidates on the other hand are certainly evil

rezuth

I'm not that into the whole system in USA but so far it seems to me as an bystander that he is way too weak and afraid of real conflict.

McNei1y

No but whoever wins has my "support". Politicians scare me as well as this two party system we have here but it's not going to stop me from partaking in voting, even though some say its pointless.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not american, but if i was, i would vote for him over any sort of republican. These guys always sound like nutjobs, why would people vote for them? Even if you don't like everything that Obama did, is it really worth it to vote for republicans just because of that, when these guys might do even worse?

It's the same thing in Quebec here, i dont always like what our prime minister does, but i still think its better than the alternatives : You either have the party obsessed of separating from Canada(and who is losing members every month or so) or the newly formed party who just say "We'll see" to every questions.

Out of the entire political establishment of United States (all three branches, every politician in the country), I trust him the most. Your premise is faulty as well. Obama didn't deliver on his promises because he's an untrustworthy slickster. Check out the gridlock in Congress and the filibuster rate for the past 3 years.

Hari Seldon

I like him as a person but I don't like how bad he has fumbled the health care law and his complete disaster of prosecuting the wallstreet crimes. Not that the republicans are any better, so I'm voting for no one.

I never did trust him.

He is and will always be a communist to me. No matter how many political compromises he has to make publicly, I know in his heart he would like to remake America into something only Lenin could appreciate.

1st: Wrong

2nd: I trust him more than ANY GOP candidate.

Agreed. He's far from perfect, but he's better than anyone in the GOP field... and yes that includes the much loved Ron Paul.

Edit:
I should note that I'm a somewhat partial to Newt. I'm a space fanboy and so is Newt! Almost makes me want to vote for him.

I like him as a person but I don't like how bad he has fumbled the health care law and his complete disaster of prosecuting the wallstreet crimes. Not that the republicans are any better, so I'm voting for no one.

every non-vote is a vote for the stupid person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom