• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) coming to EU in Q1 2013

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Durante

Dual VA? Now I have to buy it on principle.

I don't mind the release date, too much to play this year anyway.

Oh, Japanese voiceover confirmed? Then I guess it's settled, I'll wait for the release in Europe instead of importing it. Saves me the money I don't have right now.

A year later than I expected it. Hopefully we'll get the North American version sooner. Dual audio is nice though. I wish more games did that.

2013 seriously? Oh well, at least it's coming over and it has dual audio. There's still Tales of Graces f to look forward to in the meantime.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What the hell. Seriously? 1 year to translate a fucking game?

They're not only translating it in English but German, French, Italian, and Spanish so probably that's why it will come out at Q1 2013.

Methinks the US version will come out late this year.

Foffy

Banned
Does Namco have one person localizing their games? They're releasing titles well over a year after they announce a localization...they just did this with Tales of Graces F.

Think about it. It's taking them as long as it takes to actually develop games, and all they're doing is changing the language!

Maffis

They're not only translating it in English but German, French, Italian, and Spanish so probably that's why it will come out at Q1 2013.

Methinks the US version will come out late this year.

Hopefully, because I want this game and I will have no choice but to import it.

I hate that all games released in Europe has to be translated to French, German, Spanish and Italian. The people in those countries should have no problems with English...

Pfft, 2013? Given their track record, I guess this means it'll have a Q3/Q4 release in the US? I'll just import it. Fuck you Namco Europe.

Omikaru

I hope the US version is out sooner so I can import. Screw waiting until 2013.

Hopefully, because I want this game and I will have no choice but to import it.

I hate that all games released in Europe has to be translated to French, German, Spanish and Italian. The people in those countries should have no problems with English...
I think that's unfair to ask. Whenever a smaller publisher like Ghostlight is unable to translate games like Persona 3 Portable to other European languages, there's often a lot of upset people who want at least subtitles in their first language.

However, I do think that English speaking countries should get their releases at the same time. If the French, Germans, Italians and Spanish want a localised version, they should be made to wait, rather than UK, Aus, NZ and Ireland being forced to wait for a translation we won't use. Though I understand there's a big list of reasons why this isn't the case, it seems silly that regions are sliced up on anything but language in this day and age.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
This is one of the many reasons french, italian, german and spanish people should learn English.

As if games like Uncharted or Mass Effect come out later in Europe because of that lol. It's only Namco Bandai's fault (or Level 5) not starting at the same time during development translations and dubbing of international versions.

It's pretty unbelievable that they are sitting on this game for over one year. I mean publishing contracts are obviously long done and while localization is surely taking some time and you want to release at a strategically good time, I don't understand how this game can still be one year away. Especially when this gen is slowly winding down.

StuBurns

Banned
Why are you doing this? You enjoy seeing other people cry :'(?

Well fuck, in any case this game is coming before Versus XIII or Trico.
Awch, touche...

Let's just see Sony delay Journey a year and I'll go run a hot bath with a precariously placed toaster by my side.

EDIT: Actually thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Versus is November in Japan, and Q1 in the West. I can't imagine Ni no Kuni fairing well against it.

Top Bottom