• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered - Launch Trailer.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can't wait to play this again, although those combat shots were kinda triggering me.

iorek21

I kinda of enjoyed Revenant Kingdom (although the huge lack of voicing bothered me), is Ni no Kuni 1 better?

Pejo

Oh I had no idea this was coming out on PC. I played the original for about 12 hours but got sidetracked. I might pick it up again. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Vawn

Banned
Another PS4 and Switch. Now someone understands how Wii U felt.

jmmvtnrefmurej2p46.png

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I hated Ni No Kuni 2 completely and they spoil the entire story of the first one at one point in the game. Should I bother with this considering all that?

joseph7jk

I hated Ni No Kuni 2 completely and they spoil the entire story of the first one at one point in the game. Should I bother with this considering all that?
You should, but there´s a catch, you must like the atmosphere of Studio Ghibli movies, it is an amazing game

blackjon24

I kinda of enjoyed Revenant Kingdom (although the huge lack of voicing bothered me), is Ni no Kuni 1 better?

Ni no kuni 2 should have been called something else. It is so different and inferior to the original it really doesn't deserve the "2", doesn't even have ghibli collaboration and it shows.

Ni no kuni 1 is classic game that I would recommend anyone who has any interest in rpgs . Great relatable story, full of content, much more voice acting than the seuqel and fun challenging gameplay. A great package all around. Can't wait to replay it this weekend

Last edited:

Teslerum

The biggest problem with Ni No Kuni 2 was that they reused the same world and in the process kinda destroyed the core themes of NNK1 (which was fantastic IMO). So, your experience of 1 will be hampered a bit imo.

Still, you should play it. It's a fantastic, imaginative game with lots of great moments.

NNK2 was ok. Never did finish NNK1 sold my PS3 before I could. These games make more sense for the switch. But I never buy them any games on the switch cause prefer the better versions... lol.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe he doesn't like wiafus drawn in DBZ/Akira Toriyama style. :lollipop_grinning:
The artstyle is also bland and outdated yes. But that is the whole appeal of the series for the longtime fans I guess.

Psykodad

Banned
Only the first half of the game was good, the second half was needless filler.

Amazing art, OST and atmosphere though.

Last edited:

Sentenza

I bought Ni No Kuni 2 and it was one of the most mind-numbingly boring things I've ever spent my money on.
It's probably up there as one of the worst games I ever got that did not came as a freebie or as part of a 10 titles bundle bought for cheap.

I know the first game is supposed to be quite different in several ways, but I'm seriously questioning if I should bother paying it any attention.

Last edited:

Solis

Neophyte
My whole Switch library is digital (mainly 'cause I'm a lazy fuck and cba changing cartridges), but I have the physical copy of Ni no Kuni on pre-order from Amazon and will probably only have that title as my one physical game. I remember playing this on the PS3 and thought it was a truly magical title (as Studio Ghibli and Level 5 stuff tend to be).

Have to agree with everyone else regarding NN2 - it truly was boring and mind numbing. Doesn't deserve to be considered a sequel to the first, imo. To anyone else who jumped to the second installment and never played the first, please don't be put off by how awful the second was. Just give Wrath of the White Witch a go and let Studio Ghibli's magic take you!

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
My whole Switch library is digital (mainly 'cause I'm a lazy fuck and cba changing cartridges), but I have the physical copy of Ni no Kuni on pre-order from Amazon and will probably only have that title as my one physical game. I remember playing this on the PS3 and thought it was a truly magical title (as Studio Ghibli and Level 5 stuff tend to be).

Have to agree with everyone else regarding NN2 - it truly was boring and mind numbing. Doesn't deserve to be considered a sequel to the first, imo. To anyone else who jumped to the second installment and never played the first, please don't be put off by how awful the second was. Just give Wrath of the White Witch a go and let Studio Ghibli's magic take you!
So what is exactly so bad about the second game?

Winter John

Gold Member
Ni No's a real good game but it's not worth $50. It'll be about $15 by November so I'm going to hold off and finally get around to buying Tales of Vesperia.

Graciaus

I bought Ni No Kuni 2 and it was one of the most mind-numbingly boring things I've ever spent my money on.
It's probably up there as one of the worst games I ever got that did not came as a freebie or as part of a 10 titles bundle bought for cheap.

I know the first game is supposed to be quite different in several ways, but I'm seriously questioning if I should bother paying it any attention.
Wait for a sale. The story is extremely predictable from start to finish. The characters YMMV but I thought the were annoying. The actual combat system is boring and your parties AI is awful. The difficulty is also brain dead easy.

The graphical style is an easy A+ but everything else is a dud. I do not understand any of the praise for it.

Holammer

Back in January RPCS3 got an update with very accurate emulation of the title, never played the game on the PS3 so I tried it for a few hours and found it absolutely magical, not very challenging, but a feel good RPG.
So I put it away hoping for a native PC remaster. Guess I'll buy it then, when it gets a 25-33% discount at the very least.

1lj6ra.jpg

The PC remaster is amazing, Have it running at 4k downsampled, 144 fps max ingame settings, with the framerate uncapped in game and externally capped using RTSS.

And this is running on a i7 7700 and a 1070 TI. GPU usage at around 70-80 percent.

Top Bottom