• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluray Tuesday 2/21/2012 *Puuuuuurrrr* Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayejin

02/21/2012
6173JCGBcJL._AA115_.jpg
51XWVOVkSLL._AA115_.jpg
51z1yWCqTaL._AA115_.jpg
513mtoMhulL._AA115_.jpg
51VNVFJLr6L._AA115_.jpg

41OyK3u9MZL._AA115_.jpg
51YSyiFmMUL._AA115_.jpg
51z5-4ZRQSL._AA115_.jpg
51Fa06tP5LL._AA115_.jpg
510%2BnLOo-nL._AA115_.jpg

51VeOG4PQ%2BL._AA115_.jpg
41Y8%2Bb0bRPL._AA115_.jpg
51HNsuAXLyL._AA115_.jpg
51PSPPsAcGL._AA115_.jpg
51U50KKTixL._AA115_.jpg

61VdEf1-UWL._AA115_.jpg
51ameCEr-CL._AA115_.jpg
516vfFlIjkL._AA115_.jpg
51MWAR4peML._AA115_.jpg
51wFJwUTskL._AA115_.jpg

61uuKtzE7wL._AA115_.jpg
51C-tMphGPL._AA115_.jpg
51psLLrQEWL._AA115_.jpg
51iyJ5H0qbL._AA115_.jpg
51YF9EPsKlL._AA115_.jpg

02/24/2012

51MVxvTMYIL._AA115_.jpg

Recommended Picks (Yours may vary)
513mtoMhulL._AA160_.jpg

This is the best Korean movie from 2011. Basically this is Apocalypto with arrows. It starts out slow but once chase starts it's non stop thrill ride. If you have good sound system you will appreciate the sound of the arrow string being pulled and let go. Also only $14.99 to boot.

41OyK3u9MZL._AA160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Murder-Criterion-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00687XO1G/ref=sr_1_1?tag=blurayforum00-20&s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1329626113&sr=1-1
Anatomy of a Murder(Criterion)

51ZldB3y17L._AA160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Puss-Boots-Three-Disc-Combo-Blu-ray/dp/B006P3HXZG/ref=sr_1_3?tag=blurayforum00-20&s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1329626261&sr=1-3
Not the greatest Shrek movie but a lot of family GAF will probably have to pick it up.

PRICE PLUNGES(under 9.99) (from previous threads)
51xlu9%2BuGcL._AA115_.jpg
515fyauooWL._AA115_.jpg
513yGAAhI9L._AA115_.jpg
515Njszm8lL._AA115_.jpg
51qYs4w2WML._AA115_.jpg

51t1ZuKzFwL._AA115_.jpg
51x8sJ-ltIL._AA115_.jpg

Terminator 2 $5.49 YES Only Five Boners!!!
Prestige $7.99
HEAT $8.99
Speed Racer $7.99 In case you still haven't picked up this from Speed Racer appreciation thread
American History X / A History of Violence $7.99
Ninja Assassin 8.49
Face/Off $9.99

Im still amused by the fact that they called a movie "NINJA ASSASSIN". Could they have found a more banal title? It screams straight to dvd POS.

Recommended Picks (Yours may vary)
513mtoMhulL._AA160_.jpg

This is the best Korean movie from 2011. Basically this is Apocalypto with arrows. It starts out slow but once chase starts it's non stop thrill ride. If you have good sound system you will appreciate the sound of the arrow string being pulled and let go. Also only $14.99 to boot.

Amazon review said:
1 star out of 5
This review is from: War of the Arrows [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
One star is for lack of effort to make a film with a universal language (Enlish)
It really seems like a good interesting movie,but in the Korean language, kills it for me.If other nations wish to have a better market here they need to use our language.I have seen some really good German and French films also.But they were in their own language,so i did not purchase. War of the Arrows [Blu-ray]
lulz

Still just waiting for Game of Thrones. Soon...

Even though, I may pick up Speed Racer. I've never seen it and I know GAF gushes over it.

If you have a soul, buy Almost Famous on Amazon.

It's the extended edition and only $14 on Bluray.

Holla.

Lock the gates!

Forget Kate Hudson, this is a good movie.

Damn . . . Blu-Ray prices are dropping. Nice. Just picked up a pile of Blu-Ray discs. Of course, they were mainly just replacing DVD (largely unopened
LLShC.gif
).

Gila

Might as well ask this here, where's the best place to buy blu-ray steelbook editions online? (Canada shipping)

swoon

the bowery and blank city are worth a rent at least. great looks into artist communities that will never exist again.

Is it worth picking up? I stopped watching after the 2nd season. Not because I did not enjoy the show, it was just a change of life thing.

No idea. The wife and I watch Weeds this way. Only $19.99 at Amazon for the blu-ray right now. Way cheaper than subscribing to Showtime.

hayejin

Could you make the pictures a bit bigger next time? It's hard to see some of the title text. Thanks.

It looks like amazon has three different image sizes. Small if u search from all department. Medium if u search from movies and tv dept. Large for item page. Lesson learned.

Nizz

Do you guys mostly order Blu-rays through Amazon? I remember a site called Blu-ray box set.com but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.

T Dollarz

Martha Marcy May Marlene and maybe Unforgiven, depending on its price. Also, I think it would be better if you included newer price drops in the OP because those were already listed in an older thread. There are tons great more deals and price drops I saw when I was at Best Buy and it would be good to spread the word.

Aaron

Everyone buy The Prestige NOW.
Everyone should run out to watch a movie they can only see once? Maybe you skip around through it the second time, lingering on the Tesla scene, but I guessed the twist way before it was revealed so I didn't think it was really needed.

Everyone should run out to watch a movie they can only see once? Maybe you skip around through it the second time, lingering on the Tesla scene, but I guessed the twist way before it was revealed so I didn't think it was really needed.

Why buy any movie then?

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
ZAAT in HD? i wonder what that transfer looks like. gotta be better than the red-o-vision the mst3k version had.

Chris R

Thanks for including those great deals at the bottom of the post. Speed Racer bough!

edit: Doh! Prestige added as well. First movies I've bought in forever!

Aaron

Why buy any movie then?
Not every movie is built around a big twist. Knowing the twist alters your repeat viewing so much is almost a different movie, and in this case I personally think it's worse for it. I didn't find the perfomances in the Prestige anything special, and I thought the ending is pretty contrived.

Not every movie is built around a big twist. Knowing the twist alters your repeat viewing so much is almost a different movie, and in this case I personally think it's worse for it. I didn't find the perfomances in the Prestige anything special, and I thought the ending is pretty contrived.

What? Knowing the twist makes every subsequent viewing of The Prestige so much better for it. The scene where Borden says goodbye to his brother is heartbreaking the second time through. For me, it's Nolan's strongest character film outside of Batman. Bale has never won my sympathy as much as in The Prestige. It also feels like the most passionate and honest film from Nolan.

T Dollarz

What? Knowing the twist makes every subsequent viewing of The Prestige so much better for it. The scene where Borden says goodbye to his brother is heartbreaking the second time through. For me, it's Nolan's strongest character film outside of Batman. Bale has never won my sympathy as much as in The Prestige. It also feels like the most passionate and honest film from Nolan.
Yeah I gotta agree with this. I definitely like it more after each time I watch it. I think it's his best film outside of the two Batman's.

Aaron

I guessed the twist before then in my first viewing, so I didn't feel the same. I also didn't connect with the brothers very well, and thought the more impulsive one got what he deserved. I didn't like how the other guy was spun into a villain either. It struck me as a clumsy version of the Count of Monti Cristo, except his obsession with revenge just turned him into a tremendous asshole. For characters I like Inception much better, and Bale has had better roles in the Mechanic and the Fighter. All my opinion obviously, but I wouldn't suggest anyone rush out to buy this movie blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom