• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio XBLA/PSN

EYEL1NER

I dont see whats really funny about the truth.
Rock it On is god tier Jet Set music

And Teknopathetic, Fly Like a Butterfly, The Concept of Love, and The Latch Brothers songs aren't?
C'mon now, I think people are starting to get swept up in the JSRF hate.
Even the Rock It On remix in Future is on par.

Still pretty funny to me.

Lijik

And Teknopathetic, Fly Like a Butterfly, The Concept of Love, and The Latch Brothers songs aren't?
C'mon now, I think people are starting to get swept up in the JSRF hate.
Even the Rock It On remix in Future is on par.

Still pretty funny to me.

Personally speaking, its possible to have two good things and prefer one.
I think JSR has a better soundtrack for sure, and I think Rock It On is the best JSR song

I mean I dont really see whats so egregious about MrNyarlathotep's post

Awesome news one of my fav DC games. Glad they picked this instead of JSRF never really like the things they changed in that game.

fA28Z.gif

Ha! Duke from Rocky IV! :')

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, that's cool. Last time I played it I was a bit too young to appreciate it.

Ocaso

I have to admit, I'm overjoyed that this underappreciated DC gem will potentially reach a larger audience, but at the same time I'm wary of the port quality. This totally deserves a full HD widescreen 60 fps release, but for some reason I suspect it'll only get a cropped emulated release instead. Hopefully it'll get the love it deserves. A definite will-buy for me.

-PXG-

Seriously, if this doesn't have all the original licensed songs and has the same 4:3 bullshit that Sonic Adventure had, I'm gonna be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal pissed. They better do this game proper justice.

I swear. I will fucking lose it.

EDIT

I would TOTALLY do the OT for this if I had the time. It would be a labor of love.

Zabka

I have to admit, I'm overjoyed that this underappreciated DC gem will potentially reach a larger audience, but at the same time I'm wary of the port quality. This totally deserves a full HD widescreen 60 fps release, but for some reason I suspect it'll only get a cropped emulated release instead. Hopefully it'll get the love it deserves. A definite will-buy for me.

Sega's XBLA releases have been pretty great lately. Outrun, VOOT, Daytona, Afterburner and Sonic CD were all good ports.

Ocaso

Sega's XBLA releases have been pretty great lately. Outrun, VOOT, Daytona, Afterburner and Sonic CD were all good ports.

Sadly, none of those are DC ports. I hope they prove my fears unfounded, though. JSR deserves a top notch job.

Shion

Since Sonic Adventure on XBLA was basically the PC version of the game, I guess we should be thankful that JSR has stayed a DC exclusive.

This only reinforces my notion that Sega finally gets it with digital distribution of their classic games.
If lazily dumping their back catalog onto every DD service entails "getting it," then, yes, they "get it."

I wish all of Sega's XBLA ports could be of the quality they showed with OutRun 2 and Virtual On: OT.

**DON'T GET TOO EXCITED, THESE AREN'T SCREENSHOTS FROM THE XBLA/PSN RELEASE**

I was playing around with nullDC and I figured this is probably what the end result of the HD re-release is going to look like. I used the Geom mode to fill out the widescreen borders, and upscaled it to 720p. Here's hoping SEGA does this right!

jgr2p.jpg

jgr1.jpg

Persona7

Banned
House of the Dead 3 on PSN looks,plays and runs great, but it only displays in 4:3.

Which is weird because the developer commentary video has footage of the game in widescreen. Maybe it was cropped, I need to go back and watch it again.

SparkTR

**DON'T GET TOO EXCITED, THESE AREN'T SCREENSHOTS FROM THE XBLA/PSN RELEASE**

I was playing around with nullDC and I figured this is probably what the end result of the HD re-release is going to look like. I used the Geom mode to fill out the widescreen borders, and upscaled it to 720p. Here's hoping SEGA does this right!

If Sega's port ends up half-assed, this is how I'm going to replay it. That looks sexy.

"Maybe I'm alone in wanting the soundtrack gutted? The American tracks were awful, Cibo Matto aside. If it was cringe-worthy to me as a young teen I can't imagine how unbearable some of that stuff would be now. The original tracks were fucking awesome though, my friend used to have the soundtrack. One of the few videogame soundtracks I could listen to like any other album."

Cibo Matto wasn't on the Jet Set Radio soundtrack. What American tracks are you talking about? In Jet Grind Radio, Dragula, Improvise, etc. only played on two stages in the game.

cj_iwakura

"Maybe I'm alone in wanting the soundtrack gutted? The American tracks were awful, Cibo Matto aside. If it was cringe-worthy to me as a young teen I can't imagine how unbearable some of that stuff would be now. The original tracks were fucking awesome though, my friend used to have the soundtrack. One of the few videogame soundtracks I could listen to like any other album."

Cibo Matto wasn't on the Jet Set Radio soundtrack. What American tracks are you talking about? In Jet Grind Radio, Dragula, Improvise, etc. only played on two stages in the game.

The US songs were great, I thought. They fit just fine.

Furoba

Wonder if they'll bother with the De La Jet Set Radio re-release for Japanese PSN/XBL. Was mostly in English though.

Pachinko

It's been mentioned but if they do a proper re-release of this (60fps, HD ) they really desperately need to fix the controls. I recall the sequel properly separated the camera centering and tagging but ... it kind of ruined the tagging mode with simpler controls.

Given segas dreamcast track record though, I expect 4:3 SD upscaled , same controls and probably worse in other ways :(

iavi

Given segas dreamcast track record though, I expect 4:3 SD upscaled , same controls and probably worse in other ways :(

Sonic Adventure was the only DC title to get shitted on like this, that I know of. Most:Space channel 5, Crazy Taxi, Voot--they've been pretty good. There's hope to be had!

E: I will now be disappointed if the game doesn't look like the screens above. :(

Sonic Adventure was the only DC title to get shitted on like this, that I know of. Most:Space channel 5, Crazy Taxi, Voot--they've been pretty good. There's hope to be had!

VOOT XBLA is not a Dreamcast port. It's a port of Ver. 5.66 which was previously arcade-only.
Also why there's no split screen support.

Forkball

Space Channel 5 was unplayable on PC. The up arrow did both down AND up actions. Also it didn't even save your settings. An awful port all around. Please learn from your mistakes, Sega. They typically do very well on the PC in terms of support and quality.

Top Bottom