• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 7 which setting?

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
What do you think the setting of GTA 7 will be?
What would be your preference?

Back to Liberty City again? And then Vice City and SA again too? I personally hope not.

I'd love to see a fresh setting like eastern europe or south America. But I guess the satire wouldn't work well there.

My top favourite would be the GTA2 universe. Or a Cyberpunk2077-like setting. London like the GTA1 expansion would be cool too.

Also I'd love to see smaller GTA "indie-like spin-offs" that experiment and take risks with gameplay, more on the arcade side of things. Quick action and chaos. More silly, less serious. Remember those GTA2 side campaign missions, I loved those. GTA Chinatown Wars was fun, too bad it didn't sell that well.

Last edited:
Tokyo drift, gta edition. It even cuts down on the needlessly long drives to each point of each mission, since tokyo doesn't have the city layout as the big northamerican cities

hyperbertha

Simulating the chaos and lawlessness of second world cities is going to be next to impossible. It's probably going to be US only

Myths

Texas, specifically a micrcosm of Texas Triangle and maybe throw in some of the geodiverse regions from surrounding western states for the outback (CO, NM, OK). Or if they pivot to a TX/MX blend, there could be a drug trade backdrop and NM for some cool astronautic wonders combined with Johnson’s Space Center.

Last edited:
Rio De Janeiro Brazil GIF by giphystudios2021

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Surprised no one wants Cyber Theft Auto.

What is it with people that want smaller games?
I got kids so my playtime is more limited.

Don't want to wait a decade between releases

Developers can risk more with gameplay and setting without going bankrupt because AAAA games cost 100s of millions.

Last edited:

Bond007

I mean. Im happy about Vice City- really happy.
Dunno how i will feel in 10-15yrs and want to back to NYC or something. As of today, 2024- London would be cool.

Dazraell

Probably the other two cities from San Andreas they haven't yet adapted. But personally I would love to see a new place we haven't yet seen on previous games

Thaimasker

Medellin Colombia would be amazing. jason schreier did say they'll be adding some Latin American maps overtime.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Montreuil, France.
It will be the story of a somewhat young and handsome civil servant who starts dealing drugs to high ranking french politicians (true story) and will be based on my life story except for the drug dealing to high ranking politician, allegedly ;)

Eimran

I always Found Liberty city so boring. No planes, no countryside, the grey and rainy atmosphere was depressing against vice city's and SA's pink/orange skies.

Plus I doubt they'll do this since a more open city can be milked more for multiplayer.

A new city would be nice or a future tech setting.

If they decided to re-use a city I'd say San Andreas. I want to go gambling in Las Ventures again

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

The GTA V campaign is an absolute slog of driving around listening to conversations. You can 100% Vice City in less time.

Kerotan

Usually when you have kids you want a more timely and more compact game.

@OP they'll obviously go back to Liberty city. I believe they'll also include New York state too.

bad guy bad guy I really like your idea of experimental spin offs. Maybe these could also be DLCs :)

And to your main question: I would love to have a map where you can cross boarders to pretty different countries, where all the NPCs, police and so on are acting pretty differently between them. Like, in one country, the police shots you, when you ram another car, in the other one they be much more chilled and they only act if you commit murder in front of them.

Different cars, different landscape, different NPCs but all in all doesn’t need to have a bigger map than VI will potentially have.

I don’t think, the USA is the only country which could be heavily satirized. Look at the video of Berlin above or take some very corrupt countries, which would also have potential to make fun off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom