• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What GTA charatcer did you enjoy killing the most?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
One thing I love about GTA is the cast of colorful characters, many of which are arrogant or condescending pricks that you cannot wait to off.

My picks:

Sony Forelli in Vice City. He caused Tommy to get 15 years in jail. After Tommy gets out, he sets him up again in a drug deal and has Tommy work his ass off to reimburse him money he helped steal anyway. Thought he was untouchable because he was a Capo and got lit up. Loved killing him.

T-Bone Mendez in San Andreas. He acted tough and all in your face. I hoped to blow his brains out after my first interaction with him.

Vladimir Glebov in IV. Thought he was a big-shot because he was one of Faustin's guys. Turns out he was a nobody and Faustin kept him around only because Vlad's sister was his mistress. He was trying to wreck Roman's couple and when Nico had enough and told him to back off, he acted tough but Nico blew him away. By far my favorite kill in the entire series.

Devin Weston and Steve Haines in V. Those two are my second and third favorites, respectively. Devin Weston was just a grade-A douche who thought he was above the law because he was rich. Steve Haines was a corrupt piece of crap who treated you like a slave and was constantly condescending. Only complaint is that I wish I had more of a hand in how they died.

Mister Wolf

OIP.VVqUhfWfSC4BqClkYMuC-QHaJP

One of the few characters in gaming that made me feel utter disdain. Killing him put a smile on my face. Kudos to the writers.

amigastar

Those racist fucks in the desert in GTA V with Trevor. You know the guys you catch some Mariachis with them.

Last edited:
No character in that series gave me that feeling.

The big bad of 5 was the closest, but it wasn't about him, the satisfaction came from how that mission was structured. It was satisfying, and basically the bitter GTA version of the Power of Friendship.

When I played 5 as a teenager, I wanted Michael's family to die really bad, because they are mind-numbingly annoying, and just bad characters.
But when I replayed the game as an adult, I didn't feel that way, even though I still didn't like them, and still think they are awful characters.

Not in a good "You were meant to hate them" way, just straight badly written, satire bait characters.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Playboy X in GTA IV was satisfying to kill even though he didn't do anything particular to Niko. Very well written, a manipulative hypocrite psychopath.

Yeah it was cool that the game gave you the choice on who to kill, even though the choice was extremely obvious from a morality standpoint.

You also got the dope ass penthouse as a reward.

Gaiff

OIP.VVqUhfWfSC4BqClkYMuC-QHaJP

One of the few characters in gaming that made me feel utter disdain. Killing him put a smile on my face. Kudos to the writers.
He's a fan-favorite but I just don't care much for Trevor. He has some hilarious moments but the whole raging hillbilly lunatic is overplayed and even for a GTA character, he's too outlandish.

Mister Wolf

He's a fan-favorite but I just don't care much for Trevor. He has some hilarious moments but the whole raging hillbilly lunatic is overplayed and even for a GTA character, he's too outlandish.

Chasing Trevor down when he tries to flee was the best feeling. I wish you guys could have experienced it. Like putting down a killer rabid animal. When he killed his sidekick and the sidekick's girlfriend at their apartment I had enough of him.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Chasing Trevor down when he tries to flee was the best feeling. I wish you guys could have experienced it. Like putting down a killer rabid animal. When he killed his sidekick and the sidekick's girlfriend at their apartment I had enough of him.
Apparently, there's news of the incident on the radio following it. They supposedly say that Trevor was shot and Debra stabbed. This suggests that Debra shot Floyd and Trevor in turn stabbed Debra. I doubt Floyd killed Trevor.

Regardless, he was sexually abusing him, forced himself into his life, and subsequently ruined in.

calistan

Franklin's stupid dog in GTA V. Unfortunately it was immortal, so it would eventually come back to life, but I shot the shit out of it and set fire to the corpse multiple times.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
The pedestrians. I run over a bunch and then try to escape from the police. Sometimes I even use a cronometer to see how long I can go without getting caught.

Hudo

It's criminal that so many focus on 5's boring plot when this is the correct answer
Yeah, San Andreas is still the best-written GTA by quite a margin. Vice City is close second. But Vice City takes a lot of its queues from Scarface.

GTA 4: Ballad of Gay Tony was also nicely done. So I'd but it maybe at 3rd place. The rest of the GTAs tie for fucking last. (I have not played LCS or VCS. Some people say that VCS is far better than Vice City)

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Don't remember hating a character that much. GTA4 was annoying with all the lets go bowling shit.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Myself, the cops and the hapless bystanders that get caught up in the 50 car pile-up/ shoot-out that I set up once I get bored of the story.

Catphish

Trevor, no doubt. Fuck that guy.

GTAV is such a mixed bag. The mechanics and systems are S-tier but the story it absolute dogshit. Terrible plot, terrible payoff time and time again. Extremely unrewarding.
I keep going back to it because I love the way it plays, but the story leaves me in need of anti-depressants and a shower.

Top Bottom