• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2012

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Pomona, CA (March 14th, 2012) – UFO Interactive Games, Inc., a leading
publisher of interactive entertainment, proudly announces Johnny Kung Fu™ for the Nintendo 3DS™ eShop.
It's their third game for the platform.

Is it just me, or do all three UFO games look as though they could be using the same engine with just mild gameplay tweaks and different graphics?

DDayton

They likely are.
It's UFO, after all.

True, but I had the impression UFO was mostly just a publishing outfit, releasing titles by a variety of small developers. If this new title is "all in-house", I'm curious about the prior two titles.

angelfly

Picked up Dopamix and it's actually a fun little rhythm game. Wish there were more tracks in trip mode but chain mode should provide a nice amount of replay value. Thought about picking up a GG game but I never had much love for the system or its games.

Roto13

I'm kind of surprised how much I'm enjoying Dragon Crystal. As far as 20-year-old roguelikes go, it's pretty good.

I didn't like Fatal Labyrinth but when I played it I was trying to unlock something in Ultimate Genesis Collection and the game wasn't cooperating. :p

isny

napkin dispenser
So wait, am I missing something? Shinobi is a 3D Classic? Or did Nintendo screw up yet again and call something that's 2D a 3D game?

Roto13

So wait, am I missing something? Shinobi is a 3D Classic? Or did Nintendo screw up yet again and call something that's 2D a 3D game?

When did Nintendo say it was 3D? When did Nintendo say ANYTHING was 3D when it wasn't 3D?

I bought all three Game Gear games today. Dragon Crystal is by far my favorite but I'm really enjoying the slower platforming in Sonic.

Shinobi made me realize how good of a game the retail 3DS game is.

OnPoint

Sonic Triple Trouble has the "classic gameplay" feel down really well. Also, I'm SUPER impressed with the emulation. Sega has officially outdone Nintendo on their own system.

Wow, I wasn't too surprised when it was mostly Irem titles being removed, but now... maybe there's something bigger going on in regards to the service?

I wonder if there's something going on behind-the-scenes with regard to the Wii U and whatever implementation of the Virtual Console they use there?

I can't see the Sonic games being poor sellers (at least not compared to the *really* niche stuff on the VC), Sega obviously aren't pulling support from the 3DS VC, I can't imagine there are significant charges for keeping the games on the service... so what on Earth is going on?

I'm pretty sure they are removing them from the vc because they are gonna release sonic 4 episode 2 and they don't want to confuse potential customerz.

(the z is there for a reason)

tsab

No silly, they ran out of VC copies. They must order more from Nintendo to print

Edit: imagine the PR: Sonic SOLD OUT in Virtual Console!!!

inb4 slowtaku posts this as fact

Effect

If you haven't watched the latest Nintendo Show 3D (in America) you should. It's the GDC episode where Jesse is doing quick interviews with people that played Kid Icarus, Mario Tennis Open, Spirit Camera. They have also have a short interview with the produce of Resident Evil: Revelations and the guy behind Colors 3D. It's 5minutes and 37 seconds long.

If you haven't watched the latest Nintendo Show 3D (in America) you should. It's the GDC episode where Jesse is doing quick interviews with people that played Kid Icarus, Mario Tennis Open, Spirit Camera. They have also have a short interview with the produce of Resident Evil: Revelations and the guy behind Colors 3D. It's 5minutes and 37 seconds long.

Cool. I was looking for one yesterday when I bought Sonic, but didn't see a new one.

clemenx

Banned
Is the eshop down or something atm? I just bought my first card and I can't access it :( Been trying for like 10 mins. Tried the browser and a race on MK so internet is fine on my end.

On that note, I stillhaven't decided what to buy along with Pushmo. I bought a 20$ card. Any recommendations?

His the eshop down or something atm? I just bought my first card and I can't access it :( Been trying for like 10 mins.
I think there was some scheduled maintenance this week, but I don't know if it was tonight.

On that note, I stillhaven't decided what to buy along with Pushmo. I bought a 20$ card. Any recommendations?
VVVVVV, Mighty Switch Force and/or Mutant Mudds.

Hint: You're going to need another card. :)

clemenx

Banned
I think there was some scheduled maintenance this week, but I don't know if it was tonight.

VVVVVV, Mighty Switch Force and/or Mutant Mudds.

Hint: You're going to need another card. :)

Haha yeah :D I just found a retailer in my country that has these cards so that's why it's my 1st purchase. Will definitely buy more as the eshop grows.

Finally got to the shop, I had an error a couple of times, weird!

Thanks! Will be hard to decide haha.

Wiz

Anyone else have Mario's Picross? I recently got this from the Club Nintendo featured rewards and I gotta say, I'M HOOKED! The puzzles are challenging but a lot of fun too. Definitely get it if you love puzzle games.

Roto13

Anyone else have Mario's Picross? I recently got this from the Club Nintendo featured rewards and I gotta say, I'M HOOKED! The puzzles are challenging but a lot of fun too. Definitely get it if you love puzzle games.

Yeah. I bought it when it hit the VC and just finished it a little while ago. Lots of content and the puzzles are really satisfying to solve. It's probably ok that I ignored it when it came out because I doubt I would have appreciated it back then. :p

PKrockin

I bought it at its eShop release, got addicted, and spent 30 hours on it. It's great fun, and for free you can't even complain about it just being basic picross.

zigg

I bought it at its eShop release, got addicted, and spent 30 hours on it. It's great fun, and for free you can't even complain about it just being basic picross.
It's not free. Club Nintendo takes time out of your life and is only available if you spent money on Nintendo products in the first place.

It might actually be kinda interesting to calculate how much real money the time spent doing CN would be worth.

I can't find any Sonic games on the EU store?

Not every region got them this week (that is to say, every region but the PAL ones got them this week). We're meant to be getting them this month, but it wouldn't surprise me if they disappear into the ether with Sakura Samurai.

GWX

It's awesome. I've been playing since the beginning of the month (when Club Nintendo started offering it as a reward), and I played it daily ever since. Still halfway through Kinoko Course, and having a great time everytime I play it. I can't freaking wait for Picross-e and its sequel, and I hope that someday HAL will make another Picross 3D =)

For a long time it was my most played 3ds game. Over 20 hours for sure. Love.

So I caved in and bought Sakura Samurai yesterday after a few weeks of deliberation. Man, I am so sorry for doubting you. This game is so much fun...

DDayton

I know there were some odd legal issues with some of the older Sonic games' music -- any chance that is the reason for the JP VC pull? Some sort of legal time limit on a contract?

Croc

Banned
Been wanting to try out a GG game and Dragon Crystal is the only one that looks somewhat appealing to me. What's the general consensus on it? I've watched the video on the eShop and honestly I don't really understand what's going on in it.

Top Bottom