• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2012

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Yeah Kid Icarus 3D Classic is easily the best of the 3D classics series and the definitive version of the game. Probably the first time most people will play it with saves and the original FDS sound effects too. Also incorporates the enhanced American endings, really the best of both worlds.

Yeah Kid Icarus 3D Classic is easily the best of the 3D classics series and the definitive version of the game. Probably the first time most people will play it with saves and the original FDS sound effects too. Also incorporates the enhanced American endings, really the best of both worlds.

The endings were different?

Rikkun

Why are they charging three Game Gear games with three different prices?
It's like they're saying "this is poor, this is average, this is Sonic so it's 5€".
Fuck you, I have only 4€ in my wallet and I want Sonic.

zigg

It's like they're saying "this is poor, this is average, this is Sonic so it's 5€".
Makes far more sense than a flat rate just because it happened to be for one system. I always thought that was pretty stupid on the Wii VC.

By your logic, every 3DS game should be a full $40. I'm pretty happy there are games that aren't. (Reminds me, I still need to go see if there are still copies of Crush 3D at GS.)

You can top up to the amount required for a purchase. So if you go to buy Sonic and select "Add Funds" from the checkout you can add just the 1 Euro needed for Sonic.

rpmurphy

You can top up to the amount required for a purchase. So if you go to buy Sonic and select "Add Funds" from the checkout you can add just the 1 Euro needed for Sonic.
So nice. I don't even have to have any funds in there to make a purchase. Not as good as not adding funds, but better than what we had before.

radcliff

Seems Wii's VC may be dying in Japan as well. The only games I'm seeing for April are Prince of Persia SFC and Metal Slug 3 Neo Geo.

Shiggy

28 WiiWare demos returned in Europe. Considering that I've got more than 40, some have not returned (well, some games that had demos are no longer available).

zigg

28 WiiWare demos returned in Europe. Considering that I've got more than 40, some have not returned (well, some games that had demos are no longer available).
Crazy. I checked, and every last demo ever released is indeed available in the U.S.

Shiggy

Crazy. I checked, and every last demo ever released is indeed available in the U.S.

These are missing:

Chronos Twins
Racer Islands
Gods vs. Humans
My Life as a Darklord
Fish'em All
Soccer Bashi
HoopWorld
Colorz
Furry Legends
Robox
Pokemon Rumble

Racer Islands and Gods vs. Humans are no longer purchaseable.

Apparently we only had 39 demos or so.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Soccer Bashi guys (Icon Games) basically took a big old stinker all over all their non-Sony development partners, so that explains that. I think the HoopWorld devs are closed as well.

These are missing:

Chronos Twins
Racer Islands
Gods vs. Humans
My Life as a Darklord
Fish'em All
Soccer Bashi
HoopWorld
Colorz
Furry Legends
Robox
Pokemon Rumble

Racer Islands and Gods vs. Humans are no longer purchaseable.

Apparently we only had 39 demos or so.

Plus World of Goo :(.

If you haven't owned World of Goo for four years already, you suck anyway.

Well what I do in my free time is really my own affair, don't you think?

I tried the demo but had control issues, which I only realised after I had accidentally deleted the demo, might have been due to light sources here rather than the demo.

Hence I wish to download the demo again now that I have resolved the problem with the light sources.

tl;dr: fascist!

Roto13

I tried the demo but had control issues, which I only realised after I had accidentally deleted the demo, might have been due to light sources here rather than the demo.

Hence I wish to download the demo again now that I have resolved the problem with the light sources.

It was the lights. Buy the game. It controls perfectly. :p

Effect

Picked up Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! last night. Only got to play it this morning though. So far it's pretty fun. Well as fun as mini-golf can be anyway. I happen to like mini-golf so I'm fine with what's presented. For the price though I can't complain at all.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hey guys, it looks like all the Irem titles vanished from the U.S. Wii VC shop today. I'm double checking, but the SNES is down 1 title and TG16 is down 4...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
yep in EU too.
it was announced some weeks ago.

There was never any announcement or notification that the U.S. Wii Shop Channel was having the titles removed, though...

Anyway, here's a complete list of all VC and WiiWare stuff missing from the U.S. Wii Shop Channel at the moment.

Wii VC:
Bloody Wolf
Drop Off
Legend of Hero Tonma
Ninja Spirit
R-Type (Master System)
R-Type (TG-16)
Silent Debuggers
Super R-Type
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vigilante

WiiWare:
Bruiser and Scratch
Diner Dash
Evasive Space
Jungle Speed
Lonpos
Neves Plus
Penguins & Friends: Hey! That's My Fish!
Pit Crew Panic!
Planet Pachinko
Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem
The Magic Obelisk

I was slightly surprised by the lack of the Penguins game, if only because I'd never heard anyone mention that it was missing...

For anyone curious, less than 3% of all WiiWare or Wii VC titles have been pulled.

WiiWare: 381/392 available
Wii VC: 386/396 available

Edit: I tweaked the spreadsheet -- there is now a tab listing all titles removed from the Wii and 3DS Shops. Have any DSiWare titles been removed from the DSi Shop?

radcliff

There was never any announcement or notification that the U.S. Wii Shop Channel was having the titles removed, though...

Anyway, here's a complete list of all VC and WiiWare stuff missing from the U.S. Wii Shop Channel at the moment.

Wii VC:
Bloody Wolf
Drop Off
Legend of Hero Tonma
Ninja Spirit
R-Type (Master System)
R-Type (TG-16)
Silent Debuggers
Super R-Type
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vigilante

So they didn't remove R-Type III SNES?

Shiggy

If you've downloaded it once, you can still download it if it's taken down. Just open your download history and it should be there.
Edit: Well, it looks like you can't. Sorry.

If you've downloaded it once, you can still download it if it's taken down. Just open your download history and it should be there.
Edit: Well, it looks like you can't. Sorry.

Thanks Shiggy but I had already tried that before I started whining justifiably complaining about it in this thread :).

Shiggy

Thanks Shiggy but I had already tried that before I started whining justifiably complaining about it in this thread :).

I'm really surprised that it's no longer possible. When all demos were taken down, I was still able to find the demos I've once downloaded in my download history.

I'm really surprised that it's no longer possible. When all demos were taken down, I was still able to find the demos I've once downloaded in my download history.

Me too but for World of Goo. I wonder if the devs had a falling out with Nintendo over it. I can't imagine why else they would remove all traces of the game from my system. IIRC it was the first ever Wiiware demo too. I intend to try and email the devs about and will post if I get a response.

Top Bottom