• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome! PS Vita Game Paradise - Stream Thread [Wut Stream]

gogogow

See - i realise this is semiflippant on myside, but the point is that the 20m or so Japanese PSP users haven't migrated anywhere yet and i suspect right now they aren't interested in the Vita -or- the 3DS. Hell, the PSP was the biggest selling machine here last year.

I do again reiterate though that there IS going to be a mass movement of MH fans for MH4. Absolultely. 100%. Guaranteed. That's the -real- "oh bugger" clock that Sony has to work against. If they've no MH of their own, then they need to beef up their line up.

3DS - 4,282,142
PSP - 2,079,152

liger05

I'm not really sure why this is getting hate as much as it is, I mean we already know of a bunch of other games that are coming this year, with stuff like Sound Shapes, Dragons Crown, Street Fighter vs Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Tales of, Ys, DJ Max, Resistance, Retro City Rampage, and a bunch of other stuff, it would make sense for them to be showing stuff slated for 2013.

I'm also sure that Vita will get a sizeable chunk of Sony's E3 conference this year, then when you add in PSX support, and eventually PS Suite I think things look fine right now. I guess I just was not expecting them to revel anything major during a webcast....I don't think i've ever seen anyone announce anything huge during something like this.

Because the console is barely breathing in Japan

hatchx

Banned
I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

What was announced?

I was at EBgames the other day talking about how sexy Vita is, but we both were talking about how we don't know know the future line-up.

We knew about Resident Evil and Mario Kart and Kid Icarus before 3DS even launched, but what is coming to Vita? I want to purchase the goddamn thing and Gravity Daze, which looks neat, is just not enough.

.....and all I'm hearing is cries of disappointment. Why doesn't Sony just blow their load on their holiday Vita plans. What games are hitting this thing holiday 2012?

EDIT - Is there a plan for them to do a Vita upcoming games conference for Western titles?

Sipowicz

Banned
It would have to be a conference first to be the shittiest I'd think.

presentation then. that makes all the difference.

in away it's good that sony doesn't give a shit about their new handheld. it's circling the toilet anyway

this means they can focus on the PS3/PSP

mclem

Designs for the enemy monsters and Dream Eaters, mainly. That's why I included the (as they are now) portion.

I'm sorry if I'm doing you a disservice, but what you're arguing does seem to boil down to "It's all a bit kiddy, and they wouldn't do that on a Sony console, no siree!".

jgmo870

Banned
Too cartoony for the mature PSP userbase, eh?

Too bright and colorful. The Dream Eaters are cutesy too.

I'm sorry if I'm doing you a disservice, but what you're arguing does seem to boil down to "It's all a bit kiddy, and they wouldn't do that on a Sony console, no siree!".

And you think that's wrong for some reason? Developers (not all of them) aim for a younger audience with their 3DS projects. They did the same thing with their DS projects but not with their PSP games. Which is why I'm saying they're treating the 3DS like a successor to the DS, not the PSP.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
3DS - 4,282,142
PSP - 2,079,152

sorry - meant in terms of software sales.

.....and all I'm hearing is cries of disappointment

no one from the run in prediction thread is disappointed. It's in line largely, the biggest two misses were that PSO isn't a Portable version but the full PSO2 and that PS1 support isn't there still

SykoTech

Well, I'm up. And based on the way the first page is looking, I guess it's safe to assume that this was yet another non-event like the last few. Glad I didn't stay up.

fernoca

Well, can't say I'm disappointed since is not like I had...some expectations out of this.

At the same time, I as expecting a..stream, not a bunch ofsome videos. :p

DCharlie

I just ran a search on that thread for 'Monster' and it returned 136 results. I'd say there were a fair few people who have had their hopes dashed.

I think you should actually read that thread to find out how wrong you are then! ;)

At the same time, I as expecting a..stream, not a bunch ofsome videos. :p

yeah, that was the weirdest thing about it - that and the purple hat

EDIT - Is there a plan for them to do a Vita upcoming games conference for Western titles?

E3?

Well that was quite disappointing, but I'm sure they still got some stuff for this holiday season they didn't show yet. Then again if you consider the bad sales in Japan, now would've been the time to reveal all their cards.

Averon

I just ran a search on that thread for 'Monster' and it returned 136 results. I'd say there were a fair few people who have had their hopes dashed.

Most of those weren't serious, though. Seriously, the vast majority in that thread didn't have high expectation from this thing.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Yeah, your criticism of my comment would make sense if Sony was a relative newcomer in the market. But as someone who's been here since before 1994, and understands the workings and machinations of this industry, I'm sorry, nothing gets them off the chopping block. They should have realized the power of BRANDS, and they should have done something to build a few. The fact that they didn't IS remarkably short sighted, no matter how much you try to belittle my post.

Sony has created more new ip than Microsoft or Nintendo, and I'm fine with them allowing their studios to make the games they want to make instead of saying, hey guys, can you put a hold on your current project so we can create our own Pokemon rip-off. I'm fine with them giving an equal focus to new creations each generation instead of milking the same ones over and over again.

And what Nintendo has is something NO ONE can just create, and that's a tremendous nostalgia factor. Not only kids, but their parents have grown up with Nintendo's characters. And even with all of these powerful brands Nintendo has they still had their periods of struggle when Gamecube and N64 were gettig clobbered.

Going up against Nintendo in the handheld market is not such a cut and dry easy thing to do. Especially when they're aggressive and looking to secure franchises gamer's love.

Maedhros

You're wrong. Like always, a off-topic talk about why MH is not on Vita, not that people were expecting it. There were some expecting it on the start of the thread, but not that much at all.

Specially after they showed the preview movie, people started to accept that this webcast wouldn't be showing that much after all. Just Phantasy Star, SRW, a Shining game and there was something else too... I don't remember.

After that, a lot of jokes on hype and some retarded lists. Most were a joke, though.

Like I've said, only desilusional people would expect major announcements on a webcast.

EDIT: lol, beaten like a bitch. =(

ShinNL

I think you should actually read that thread to find out how wrong you are then! ;)
I know you added a smiley but that doesn't mean you're allowed to troll. Posting a sentence like these forces other people to do stuff to prove you wrong, even though you're the one lying.

I'm not gonna spam this thread with quotes, but a quick manual browse through 3 pages already fetched me 3 names of people expecting/hoping for MH: Defuser, Xiaoki, Cookie18.

DCharlie

I realise most were not very serious, but still. That is was spoken about (even in jest) shows it is something people want.

people are actively saying "no MH announcement" and giving reasons why

so in your context of "people being disappointed" - there's not really much to be disappointed about. In this case mainly because there's no way on earth Capcom would allow Sony to announce their biggest game franchise new entry.

If that was going down it would be at a capcom/MH festival. They don't owe Sony/Nintendo a living.

know you added a smiley but that doesn't mean you're allowed to troll. Posting a sentence like these forces other people to do stuff to prove you wrong, even though you're the one lying.

I'm not gonna spam this thread with quotes, but a quick manual browse through 3 pages already fetched me 3 names of people expecting/hoping for MH: Defuser, Xiaoki, Cookie18.

lol - the fuck?

how the fuck is THAT trolling? or is THREE people "a fair few" ? Vast majority of people in that thread did NOT expect Monster Hunter.

Huh. So the vita version does not include an HD version of peace walker? Odd choice... not including the only game that is designed for portables.

Reading through this thread...well... I guess I'm not gonna pick up a vita today then huh...

Over/under 10k this week gaf?

DCharlie

Huh. So the vita version does not include an HD version of peace walker? Odd choice... not including the only game that is designed for portables.

MGS2-3

and

MGS:pW

were released as seperate packages in Japan. Might be the same, might simply not be coming.

people are actively saying "no MH announcement" and giving reasons why

so in your context of "people being disappointed" - there's not really much to be disappointed about. In this case mainly because there's no way on earth Capcom would allow Sony to announce their biggest game franchise new entry.

If that was going down it would be at a capcom/MH festival. They don't owe Sony/Nintendo a living.

lol - the fuck?

how the fuck is THAT trolling? or is THREE people "a fair few" ? Vast majority of people in that thread did NOT expect Monster Hunter.

Capcom let nintendo announce mh4

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Are FFX, MGS, That Gundam like game, and PSO not system sellers? I think they are.

1. Multi/Port
2. Multi/Port
3. Finally something wortwhile in June with Person 4 Golden.
4. Multi/Port, Release in 2013, monthly fees, no offline/local play

Yeah...they could have done better.

DCharlie

actually - i take it back - there IS a fair few people mentioning MH in there in the first half of the thread.

Thread of two halves, the back half/late shift aren't expecting it.

Capcom let nintendo announce mh4

.... at a TGS keynote with Capcom up there with them. Not on a friday night webcast.

Maedhros

1. Multi/Port
2. Multi/Port
3. Finally something wortwhile in June with Person 4 Golden.
4. Multi/Port, Release in 2013, monthly fees, no offline/local play

Yeah...they could have done better.

Considering PSO is more like an MMO, does it matter that it has no local play?

GCX

That was during a press confrence.....not a webcast.
But still, the only reason why MH4 was shown at such an early stage is because Nintendo had to show people that the games are coming. There was no rush for Capcom to do that.

Sony would probably set up a conference if they had such news.

fernoca

Are FFX, MGS, That Gundam like game, and PSO not system sellers? I think they are.
Good games, yeah.
System sellers...I mean, even the Gamecube had a remake of the first MGS, a release with 2 PSO games in 1 disc, a separate/brand new 3rd PSO game (with cards) and a brand new FF game (Crystal Chronicles) and is not like system were flying off the shelves.

Top Bottom