• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shurayuki

Really? You didn't want to replay it once to get all the trophies or beat it on New Game+? Its actually one of the few games I've wanted to replay over and over again.

After being LTTP on Arkham Asylum I preordered City on Steam...then never played it. Any time I open Steam I see the list of 200 games looking at me tauntfully, so I get scared and close it again ;_;
Should I sell my PC due to my backlog GAF?

Edit: Screw forming complete sentences, you can fill in a missing word missing here or there ♥

Sell it to me, I'll take those games.
PS: I was a creeper and like, added you on Steam, you can thank me later.

I'm like, scared of people though and disabled steam community so it won't do any good :lol

And pay 60 bucks again? Nah.

batman-dark-tomorrow-1.jpg

After being LTTP on Arkham Asylum I preordered City on Steam...then never played it. Any time I open Steam I see the list of 200 games looking at me tauntfully, so I get scared and close it again ;_;
Should I sell my PC due to my backlog GAF?

Sell it to me, I'll take those games.
PS: I was a creeper and like, added you on Steam, you can thank me later.

ASIS

So.
What, if anything, would put you off getting the Wii U?
Personally, I can't think of anything, unless the tablet has a 15 minute battery life or something stupid like that.

Honestly? Lack of Nintendo titles. Other than that I just don't really care that much.

Guess what everybody? Being optimistic is better than being a kill joy and troll. I'll take a few disappointments over being pessimistic. they aren't as bad as people seem to think.

If you're calling me out just do it directly. I could see being called a troll if my pessimism didn't have any basis in reality. Nintendo hasn't delivered on much of its promises for two generations now so my pessimism is well warranted. I'd rather be a killjoy and be surprised than to be optimistic and become disappointed--again.

Nibel

Now we got two Dragons fighting each other in this thread

You would never get something like this in another thread

If you're calling me out just do it directly. I could see being called a troll if my pessimism didn't have any basis in reality. Nintendo hasn't delivered on much of its promises for two generations now so my pessimism is well warranted. I'd rather be a killjoy and be surprised than to be optimistic and become disappointed--again.

May I ask for a list of promises? Cause recently they've kept them, from what I can recall.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Another budget developer/company has appeared in the exhibitor listings of E3. This time it's Funbox Media Ltd, responsible for such Wii games as Country Dance 2, Calvin Tucker’s Farm Animal Racing and 3DS games as Outdoors Unleashed: Africa 3D (looks worse than a Nintendo 64 game), to name a few.

http://www.funboxmedia.co.uk/

I don't really know if this company develops games or just distributes them, but it's budget titles anyway. But they have got a rather large release schedule, with even a PS Vita game. Funbox Media is listed under the category "Distributor - Nintendo Wii U".

So now we have got that racing title from Maximum Family Games, LLC and this to look forward to. Put some Imagine Babyz and Petz on there as well and we are all set!

Source: http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?Show_ID=E312

So.
What, if anything, would put you off getting the Wii U?
Personally, I can't think of anything, unless the tablet has a 15 minute battery life or something stupid like that.

Botched online, no first party games I care about, and no looming relevant third party support. That would just seal the deal for me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm REALLY hoping for a downloadable game service that has Gamecube games.

I really want to show my 4-year old Wind Waker but I'm not shelling out $35 for a used copy--especially with the chance that Nintendo releases it on the Wii U VC.

HylianTom

Banned

I'd much rather be optimistically pessimistic. That way, when my expectations are exceeded, I remain a cheerful guy! :)

Rösti;37102709 said:
Another budget developer/company has appeared in the exhibitor listings of E3. This time it's Funbox Media Ltd, responsible for such Wii games as Country Dance 2, Calvin Tucker’s Farm Animal Racing and 3DS games as Outdoors Unleashed: Africa 3D (looks worse than a Nintendo 64 game), to name a few.

I don't really know if this company develops games or just distributes them, but it's budget titles anyway. But they have got a rather large release schedule, with even a PS Vita game. Funbox Media is listed under the category "Distributor - Nintendo Wii U".

So now we have got that racing title from Maximum Family Games, LLC and this to look forward to. Put some Imagine Babyz and Petz on there as well and we are all set!

You're suppose to post good news, not bad news.

NeoGohan

Banned
Rösti;37102709 said:

OMG
can't wait for Country Dance 3

Hopefully my flight has wifi, I'd hate to be gone from this thread for a few hours.

And DragonKnight, I was speaking in general, I didn't want to call you out specifically because you aren't the first nor will you be the last to pessimistic about Nintendo.

Boarding :)

BD1

Banned
Mehhh I beat batman arkham city once and that's enough for me. Good game though.

I actually have yet to play AC. Long story short, I just didn't have time last fall to play it (or any console gaming really) and at a certain point, I just decided to wait for the Wii U version. It's been painful though, I'm a huge Batman fan.

I'm hoping its a $29-39 game, with all DLC included.

Don't know when I said that. Lemme restate it: it would be foolish to assume that every third party game that has not been announced for the WiiU is simply under an NDA and will be announced at E3. Of course there are third party games in development. But expectations in this thread need to be tempered and badly. And don't tell me to come on--after the GCN and the Wii, and the stigma that third party games don't do well on Nintendo platforms I have every right to be skeptical.

Expect palsy third party support at best and don't expect wonders from the online space. We buy these things for the first party support anyway, right?

Well, that's more reasonably worded.

I will say that if Nintendo can't secure versions of even the biggest multiplatform games early in Wii U's lifespan (GTAV, RE6), they're pretty fucked in any attempt to make inroads in that sector of the market. Not that such multiplatform titles would be enough in themselves, but I see them as a prerequisite if Wii U is to have a shot at becoming more than a platform for casual titles and established first-party IP.

BurntPork

Banned
Sarcasm aside, history has shown that instead of getting hyped, we should just fucking wait for the event to take place. You have people here already assuming that third party games announced for current consoles have WiiU versions that are just being NDA'd. Just setting yourself up for disappointment...God....

We don't know anything. Just wait for E3 or at least the investor conference. Stop hyping yourself up. You think Ninty fans would have learned a thing or two after all these years. At least on the console front anyway.

If there's no NDA, Nintendo might as well just cancel the whole thing now because it's going to end up worse than Wii in terms of third-party support. There's definitely, 100% an NDA in place. I don't expect all or even most third-party games to come, but the Project CARS thing (Wii U logo was on the site, but then removed) removed any doubt that there's an NDA.

I really hope that GTAV is one of the games it'll get. If not, Nintendo's incompetence will reach a whole new level.

EDIT: Not counting on Crysis 3. I think Homefront 2 is the only game Crytek is making for Wii U.

I actually have yet to play AC. Long story short, I just didn't have time last fall to play it (or any console gaming really) and at a certain point, I just decided to wait for the Wii U version. It's been painful though, I'm a huge Batman fan.

I'm hoping its a $29-39 game, with all DLC included.
psssht, no huge batman fan would wait. You're a medium batman fan.

Shurayuki

If they don't put Dragon's Dogma on U I wouldn't even know what to think anymore. Especially since Monster Hunter is basically a lock for Nintendo now there's just no excuse not to (3DS style MH would make enormous amounts of sense too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom