• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spooky Times in Europe! Project Zero 2 for Wii arrives on June 29th

Shiggy

Nintendo announced that Project Zero 2: Wii Edition is launching in Europe on June 29th. Unplug the power cord of your Wii to escape!

NI_Wii_ProjectZero2.png

It's the same date as the Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir for Nintendo 3DS.

wrowa

Uhm.. okay. I was interested in Spirit Camera before, but with a dual release I'll definitely pass on it and buy PZ2 instead. Well.

Nice logo btw.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Have they announced a release for Beat your Meat to the Beat or whatever they call it now?

Aru

Haven't played a Project Zero game since the first one on PS2. Maybe it's time to jump back to the series.

Shiggy

Have they announced a release for Beat your Meat to the Beat or whatever they call it now?

Localisation seems to take a while as they translate the lyrics into various languages once again and in spite of Rhythm Paradise's commercial failure. That failure also was the reason for the rebranding.

Where's Fatal Frame IV? Not cool man.

I really wonder why Zero: A Japanese Ghost Story isn't released. I would've expected that part of the Project Zero 2 contract would be some bug-fixing for Zero: A Japanese Ghost Story. Especially since the game's been basically finished and translated already.

Played the first one for the PS2, but that was it, so sold. Wii remote/flashlight controls a la Shattered Memories better be in there.

Boerseun

Banned
The last year of Wii continues to be awesome (PAL dates featured).

Wii (PAL) dates

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise (2012)
Boom Street (6 January 2012)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (11 November 2011)
Dragon Quest 10 (2012)
Epic Mickey: The Power of Two (26 September 2012)
Family Fishing (tba)
Fatal Frame 2 - Wii Edition (29 June 2012)
Go Vacation! (4 November 2011)
Kirby's Adventure Wii (25 November 2011)
Last Story, The (24 February 2012)
Legend of Zelda, The: Skyward Sword (18 November 2011)
Mario Party 9 (2 March 2012)
Pandora's Tower (13 April 2012)
Rodea the Sky Soldier (tba)
Xenoblade Chronicles (2 September 2011)

Sadly still no dates for Family Fishing, Rhythm Paradise and Rodea.

Myriadis

Dear NoA,

You still suck.

Sincerely,
America.

Absolutely. Who cares about the anime crap called Xenoblade and Pandoras Tower. And who ever cared about these crappy SNES games that NoE just got over 15 years later, like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. This game here is the only thing any sane person should care about. NoA really sucks for giving not that announcement at the same time as NoE.
[/Gaf Hyperbole]

Absolutely. Who cares about the anime crap called Xenoblade and Pandoras Tower. And who ever cared about these crappy SNES games that NoE just got over 15 years later, like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. This game here is the only thing any sane person should care about. NoA really sucks for giving not that announcement at the same time as NoE.
[/Gaf Hyperbole]

You just brought up 2 third party RPG's that Nintendo had no control of back when they were released.....right?
Compared to the 3 Nintendo owned RPG's that NOE just translated and released themselves?

...plus 15 years for FF6? That's some bad math right there.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Dear NoA,

You still suck.

Sincerely,
America.
Why would Nintendo of America announce this game right now with E3 six weeks away? I'd be shocked if they don't bring it over in late summer/early fall right before Wii U.

Myriadis

You just brought up 2 third party RPG's that Nintendo had no control of back when they were released.....right?
Compared to the 3 Nintendo owned RPG's that NOE just translated and released themselves?

...plus 15 years for FF6? That's some bad math right there.
Over 15 years. If you want to be more precise, it's 17 years. Learn to read. And Xenoblade is still published by Nintendo. It's right that XSeed published The Last Story in America.

And you're missing my point anyway. It's not really reasonable to act like this when you just don't get a few games, especially after NoE treated the fans much worse in the SNES / PS1 eras.

Over 15 years. If you want to be more precise, it's 17 years. Learn to read. And Xenoblade is still published by Nintendo. It's right that XSeed published The Last Story in America.

Dude, you need to check facts before swinging stuff like that around. 17 years for FF6? lol.

Myriadis

Dude, you need to check facts before swinging stuff like that around. 17 years for FF6? lol.

Released on March 18 on 2011 on the Virtual Console. I'm talking about the SNES version here, not the PS1 version. As you may guess, PS1 belongs to Sony, not Nintendo.

Well, I guess the point stands that Europeans didn't receive the game until the PlayStation arrived, eight years after the original Japanese release. That sucks, sure, but I'm not sure where the 17 years comes from.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Well, that's still not entirely accurate, because the Europeans received the GBA version in June 2007. Still 13 years later, but yeah, NoE didn't seem to have its act together much back then.

Perhaps we shouldn't blame this entirely on Nintendo, though, and more on the lacking interest in horror games in America right now. Which saddens me to no end.

Henke

Kinda want. Project Zero on the Xbox scared the hell out of me to the point where I had to hid the box in a drawer and never play it again. I did first play it when I was high though, and I just couldn't handle that.

Released on March 18 on 2011 on the Virtual Console. I'm talking about the SNES version here, not the PS1 version. As you may guess, PS1 belongs to Sony, not Nintendo.

but that's on Square-Enix, not Nintendo. Your point makes no sense in comparing it to NOE's recent fine form.
You just come off as Snarky.

Will get them both day 1 for sure!

I hope we get a limited edition for Project Zero 2 similar to the Last Story and Pandora's Tower ones.
That way would progress the swan song collection!

Xenoblade would also be included but I got the regular edition of that one, I wasn't interested in an additional red Frankenpad...

Shiggy

Are you brave enough to explore the cursed village of Project Zero 2 Wii Edition, set to launch across Europe on 29th June

26 th April 2012– Prepare to hide behind your sofa because Nintendo and TECMO KOEI GAMES are set to re-launch one of the scariest horror titles from the legendary Project Zero series this June exclusively for Wii. With all new motion gameplay features and innovative new two player modes, horror fans looking for interesting ways to get their scares need look no further than Project Zero 2: Wii Edition , launching across Europe on 29 th June.

Project Zero 2: Wii Edition is a remake of the classic survival horror game Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly and sees you take on the role of Mio as she explores a mysterious cursed village with her twin sister Mayu. When Mayu follows a Crimson Butterfly deep into the woods, Mio has no choice but to follow when eventually they stumble across the seemingly abandoned village. Only by helping the girls to uncover the secrets of an ancient ritual and the abandoned village, now permanently shrouded in an eerie darkness, can you hope to escape its grasp.

As you explore the dark and foreboding village it becomes apparent that you are not alone and the Twins are attacked by the ghosts of the former inhabitants. The spirits that haunt the village can once again only be defeated by using the Camera Obscura, a mythical weapon that allows you to interact with the spirit world. Whenever there is a ghost nearby you will see an indicator at the top of the screen showing how close it is to you; red indicates an evil spirit and blue that the spirit is good or non-offensive. Watch out because they could be behind you waiting to attack!

To cause more damage to the evil spirits lurking in the darkness make sure that they are right in front of you and the damage gauge is charged as much as possible before you shoot. Trying to pre-empt an attack is a great way to cause even more damage and stop the ghost from attacking you. By timing your shot with the Camera Obscura to hit when the viewfinder becomes red, you earn a bonus and deal out more damage. You can also gain more bonus points for taking multiple ghosts with the same shot.

By using the different types of film hidden around the village you can increase the base damage dealt by the Camera Obscura and by modifying the lens you can achieve special powers that will help you, some will allow you to achieve combos by stunning the spirits and slowing them down. Achieving a special Fatal Frame combo allows you to link multiple pictures together in rapid succession and deal a large amount of damage to any evil spirits that are present at the time.

Project Zero 2: Wii Edition utilises the unique Wii motion controls allowing you to really feel as if you are in the haunted environment, your trusty flashlight is integral when exploring and moving the Wii Remote to explore every inch of the environment will allow you find hidden items and secrets. If you get too scared when reaching out to open doors or while picking up items, then you can release your grip or retract your hand by releasing the A Button. This new functionality can also be used to quickly avoid any ghostly presences which may prevent you from grasping items! So, be careful what you do, because you don’t know what is lurking in the darkness and what you might find.

New to Project Zero 2: Wii Edition is the Haunted House mode, a real test of your courage that tries to scare you at every turn. The action is on rails and resembles an amusement park,‘haunted house’ ride, by using your Wii Remote and Nunchuk you can move forward and look around your environment using the flashlight. You will be surprised at every corner with a series of increasingly scary situations and ghosts will appear randomly to make you jump.

To add to the fun a second player can join in and actually play against you, they will be able to control when the ghosts appear and also what sounds are emitted by the speaker in your Wii Remote. Their ultimate goal is to scare you so much with their unexpected scenes that you jump out of your seat.

To master the Camera Obscura and battle cursed spirits in the classic story mode and all new innovative Haunted House mode then look no further than Project Zero 2: Wii Edition when it launches across Europe on 29 th June.

There are also new screens (including menus) on the press server, I cannot upload them at the moment. The graphics remind me a bit of Disaster: Day of Crisis, textures are a bit blurry.

wrowa

shinkansen.3000 said:
Xenoblade would also be included but I got the regular edition of that one, I wasn't interested in an additional red Frankenpad...
You can't just put "Franken" in front of every word. It makes sense with the 3DS's circle pad attachment, but how does the classic controller qualify as a Frankenpad?

Hmmm this better not look worse than the original.
I havent seen the new screens yet, but it'll probably look around the same as 4, which was technically a decent step up compared to the PS2 games.

teeny

People keep claiming the Wii is dead, but there has been a significant, decent software release just around the corner pretty much constantly recently.

Hopefully NoE can continue the good support when the Wii U comes out...

... oh, and announce that theyre releasing Excite Bots. That would be dandy.

Gameboy415

I'll wait for the US release so I can support it. If it doesn't come here eventually I'll import it.

My feelings exactly.

I'm hoping we (American gamers) get some good news at e3, though!

Of course Wii U (or whatever it ends up being named) is coming this fall, but there's still quite a gap to fill and the only announced (US) Wii games for the rest of the year are:

-The Last Story (which isn't even being published by Nintendo)
-New Play Control: Pikmin 2
-The Kirby 20th Anniversary Game

Hopefully we'll get these too:
-Fatal Frame 2
-NPC: Chibi Robo
-Pandora's Tower

The PS2 version's one of my favourite games ever, but I'm gonna have to wait for reviews for this one, just to be sure that the camera controls aren't as counterintuitive as they were in 4 (i.e. you turned the camera left/right by twisting the Wiimote rather than just pointing it).

People keep claiming the Wii is dead, but there has been a significant, decent software release just around the corner pretty much constantly recently.
This is what Nintendo needed after Mario Kart, at least one big new game to look forward to at a time.

From launch until mid-2008 the system was rocking it, and it picked back up from NSMB Wii's release until the end of 2010.

Top Bottom