• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X Dated for August 2, ¥1,000 per month fee

There's a new trailer up on the official site. Looks nice enough in places.

Square Enix announced today a release date of August 2 for Dragon Quest X. The Wii title will be priced ¥6,980 on its own and ¥8,980 when bundled with a USB Memory card.

For those who opt for the base version, the game will require that you provide your own USB memory card with at least 16 gigabyte capacity.

A bit rare for Wii games, the game ships on two discs.

Charges run ¥1,000, ¥1,950 or ¥2,900 for respectively 30, 60 and 90 days play (Payment can be made via credit card using standard currency, or via WiiPoints. WiiPoint pricing is the same). You'll be able to create up to three characters.

Both the standard and bundle versions of the game will come with 20 days free play time. Square Enix is also planning to host special "Kids Times" for the game. These periods will be free play. Square Enix says that it won't be setting a specific age limit for these periods, but asks that people understand that they're meant for children.

http://andriasang.com/con0tq/dqx_date/

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the announcement was held until today to soften the blow of the losses Nintendo are about to announce. They can bring this game up in the meeting, along with NSMB2, to point to better times ahead.
August is going be stacked with NSMB2. I guess that means DQX is a launch game for Wii U?
Guess so. Hopefully in western territories as well.

Kazerei

Banned
Online fee seems slightly expensive. Hopefully when it comes to N. America (on Wii U probably) Nintendo will just suck those costs for us.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been keeping up on the news, sorry, but is this exclusive to Wii U?

zashga

Wow, three whole character slots. Do they still charge per slot in FFXI and XIV? I love Dragon Quest, but Square really seems stuck about ten years in the past when it comes to MMOs.

Hey that's my birthday!

Are beta folks still under embargo? I recall the screenies looking pretty bland with stretched UI. Any 'improvements'?

In the West, Dragon Quest IX came out exactly one year after the Japanese launch. So, that should give everyone some incite on potential launch in Europe/Americas.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Gonna watch this potential disaster closely. Can SE wreck all three of their major brands in one generation?

Wow, three whole character slots. Do they still charge per slot in FFXI and XIV? I love Dragon Quest, but Square really seems stuck about ten years in the past when it comes to MMOs.

They do in ffxi, think they may have in xiv as well but i didn't play beyond the free month so I don't really remember.

daffy

Banned
Meh, don't care. I will however let everyone know about my displeasure like the dude with bad breath in the computer lab.

Hiltz

I'm still unsure of what to think of this game. Then again, I've never played a Dragon Quest title before even though this one has taken a radically different direction.

If it actually turns out receive good reviews, then I'll consider picking up the Wii U version as long as SE doesn't charge us to play overseas. That would be all kinds of ridiculousness.

I'm still unsure of what to think of this game.

If by chance it actually turns out receive good reviews, then I'll consider picking up the Wii U version as long as SE doesn't charge us to play overseas. That would be all kinds of ridiculousness.
hhahaaargargas

Jonnyram

Gonna watch this potential disaster closely. Can SE wreck all three of their major brands in one generation?
Sorry, what's the third? FF, DQ and...?

Like this, though... very kid friendly. Just hope they police it for dodgy pervs properly.

andriasang.com said:
Square Enix is also planning to host special "Kids Times" for the game. These periods will be free play. Square Enix says that it won't be setting a specific age limit for these periods, but asks that people understand that they're meant for children.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm still unsure of what to think of this game. Then again, I've never played a Dragon Quest title before even though this one has taken a radically different direction.

If by chance it actually turns out receive good reviews, then I'll consider picking up the Wii U version as long as SE doesn't charge us to play overseas. That would be all kinds of ridiculousness.

noctiswhatever.gif

Well, guess that wraps things up for the chances of Hunter x Hunter returning this year.

I didn't think a mainline Dragon Quest game could ever fill me with apathy, but they've found a way. I just hope that XI will be a real entry when it comes along in 2017.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
which would be wrong because it has been pretty good this generation.

I'm not talking about the quality of the releases. The latest 3Ds game is not doing too hot and KH III is being delayed behind the ever increasing dev time of Versus.

Terrell

Sorry, what's the third? FF, DQ and...?

Like this, though... very kid friendly. Just hope they police it for dodgy pervs properly.

Kingdom Hearts.

Square Enix looked at people complaining about milking franchises and said "you think THAT'S milking? No no no, come here you fools and watch how milking is REALLY done."

And then there's the whole thing about the game having one entry per year (or close to it) and having ALL of them be part of some continuity thing so you don't understand part of what's going on unless you dropped coin on EVERY title before it, and even then, it's a mess to understand anyways.... yeah, Kingdom Hearts is the gaming equivalent of the modern comic book industry. There, I said it.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
which would be wrong because it has been pretty good this generation.
I think HK-47 was suggesting S-E wrecked it by spreading the games across too many platforms, which many view as being a major factor in the disappointing DDD numbers.

I'm not talking about the quality of the releases. The latest 3Ds game is not doing too hot and KH III is being delayed behind the ever increasing dev time of Versus.

Well, bear in mind that the series does much better in the US than Japan in terms of sales. The Japanese sales for 3D are underwhelming, but the game has yet to launch in its biggest market, so I don't think any real conclusions can be drawn.

I think HK-47 was suggesting S-E wrecked it by spreading the games across too many platforms, which many view as being a major factor in the disappointing DDD numbers.

I'd also like to think that consumers have become wary of the SE branding after its last few disasterpieces, even if it's to the detriment of SE's few actual good releases, but I think that gives consumers too much credit.

Anth0ny

The game requires that you have a USB memory card with at least 16 gigabyte capacity. You'll also, of course, need to have a broadband internet connection.

Surprisingly, the game ships on two discs. It's unclear at present what content is on the second disc, but we should be getting additional details later in the day.

Holy shit. That's the first Wii game to require 2 discs, no?

Top Bottom