• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Ends "Inside Xbox"

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Via Major Nelson

Major Nelson said:
In the last 10 years, Xbox LIVE has transformed in so many amazing ways, and as a community we’ve experienced so much together. I’ve personally witnessed many changes that have helped Xbox LIVE improve and together with our members we’ve created a community we all value and rely on.

At Xbox, we are focused on making entertainment and gaming more amazing, and we must continue to invest our resources and talents wisely. Consequently, we’ve decided to discontinue production of Inside Xbox in the United States, and as a result this content will also no longer be available in Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Xbox LIVE in EMEA is currently looking at its operating model for Inside Xbox. This could potentially result in some changes, but we have no news here to share yet. Xbox LIVE in Mexico and Japan will continue to produce first-party content for its members via other media outside of the Inside Xbox brand.

We want to express our sincere appreciation to all of our viewers and fans of Inside Xbox, and remain committed to providing our members with access to high-quality news and information via the console, social media channels and Xbox.com. We will be leveraging third-party news and video content available through a variety of existing and future partners, and supplementing this content with select first-party offerings. However, day-to-day news content and weekly programming currently offered though Inside Xbox will cease production in the United States. This includes shows like Major’s Minute, Featured Videos and Insider Moves packaged under the Inside Xbox brand.

This decision was not made lightly. Our teams working on Inside Xbox have done a great job connecting with our members and delivering high-quality, informative game news and tips. We thank them all for their contributions to the Xbox LIVE community and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

Too bad, I did enjoy some of that content, especially around E3 time.

Why pay to make content when you can free up all those boxes for ads? It's not like millions people are paying a subscription to connect the thing to the internet or anything.

As long as the Kinect chick with the big knockers remains, I'll be fine.

Speaking of, where is she? Is that Kinect Show ended or something?

BTW Bridget O'Neill is her name, I have her facebook fan page or whatever

PS Something something about ads and F U Microsoft or whatever I'm supposed to be outraged about but dont really give a shit

TheOddOne

This will free up another box for an AD. SWEET!
But isn't Inside Xbox actually an ad itself?

philosoraptor.jpg

Speaking of, where is she? Is that Kinect Show ended or something?

BTW Bridget O'Neill is her name, I have her facebook fan page or whatever

PS Something something about ads and F U Microsoft or whatever I'm supposed to be outraged about but dont really give a shit

I'm not too sure. I didn't realize she disappeared. I tend to try and tune out that giant billboard of an OS as soon as I boot up my 360.

I'm not too sure. I didn't realize she disappeared. I tend to try and tune out that giant billboard of an OS as soon as I boot up my 360.

yeah yeah, of course. me too. giant billboard, ads, fu ms, etc etc

Just kidding I like the dashboard.

If Gaf was the real world I dont think Xbox would have sold one unit let alone leads in sales.

madmackem

Shame watch nearly every vid they put up, wonder why they did this. Surely cant be cost wise and its something that made live different having these kind of show on the dash a click away from streaming.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't say that I watched any of this, but I thought it was something cool they did and it was awesome that they were giving catered gaming content through the dashboard.

Considering how they've completely marginalised them on the Metro UI I'm not surprised.
Stupid decision though. Better hope they're replacing it.

El-Suave

Microsoft is (was?) actually a lot better with content like this then Sony. Sony just has shows for the US and UK markets if I'm not mistaken, while Xbox also hired some German sites to produce content for us and they subtitled some of their UK content.

I think it's a mistake to get rid of these "personalities" on the air. They could use stuff like this when Nextbox launches and content will probably be scarce in the beginning. It might have been nice to have familiar faces introduce the new console to new owners.

TBH I'm not sure what "Inside Xbox" was. Was it a show or like a series of shows? Was it Major Nelson's show?

Never really watched but I guess I dont see why you kill it, then again the IGN app may be better.

geebee

Banned
Does this mean I'll see less of Major Nelson's face? Great! Now get to work on removing IGN and their Jessica Chobot videos... oh wait. :/

alphaNoid

Banned
My guess is it gets replaced. Problem is this kind of content got 'lost' in the Metro UI and was much easier to just stumble upon on the older Channel UI.

They need to fix this with the Durango.

geebee

Banned
The Inside Xbox videos basically were ads just like Sony's Qore and Pulse.. except those have better hosts.

I'm surprised it wasn't one of the other lesser known shows. Come to think of it there was an awful lot of dashboard stuff they've added in recent years. It was Inside Xbox, Insider Moves, Sent U Message, Nexus for a short while, What 2 Play or whatever and all the Kinect/Windows phone advertorials.

I didn't help that on the crappy new dashboard that Inside Xbox was relegated to one of the tiny little squares burried in the new OS.

My guess is it gets replaced. Problem is this kind of content got 'lost' in the Metro UI and was much easier to just stumble upon on the older Channel UI.

They need to fix this with the Durango.

Microsoft already ditched the best UI they had for the Xbox...somehow I don't think they know which direction the right way is.

Doodis

WTF I actually dug those.
Maybe people were watching it less because it's burried behind a million other things(ads).

Yeah, come to think of it, I used to watch these all the time with the previous dashboard, as they were easily accessible. I haven't watched a single one since the switch to the new dashboard, because I haven't seen them.

Top Bottom