• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Criterion working on PS Vita game, Features PS3 "Interoperation"

ReaperXL7

A new job posting discovered today suggests that the role – of a Software Engineer – will be responsible for “optimising and tuning the game resource system for the PS VITA” and “interfacing the game engine with several parts of the VITA OS.”

Interestingly, the role also indicates some kind of cross-platform play. “Implementing interoperation between PS3 and the VITA” is also listed as a responsibility.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/05/16/criterion-working-on-ps-vita-game-with-ps3-interoperation/

Job Posting here:

The successful candidate will be responsible for:

Optimizing and tuning the game resource system for the PS VITA:

o Streaming optimizations

o Asset compression/decompression

o Cart budgets

o Video compression/decompression

Interfacing the game engine with several parts of the VITA OS:

o Save game

o Power suspend handling

o Trophies

o DLC store

o Camera

o Live Area

- Implementing interoperation between PS3 and the VITA

http://jobs.next-gen.biz/job/3039/software-engineer/

My guess is probably something Need for Speed related.

slider

Need for Speed works for me (I love me some Burnout though).

More games for Vita = a good thing. Not too fussed about x-platform play but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

KillGore

0032_h9qy.gif

Screw Need for Speed and give me Burnout Paradise 2 on the Vita with cross play with the PS3 and my life will be complete.

It'll never happen... I'll take anything, though! Give me a game, Criterion!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Portable Burnout is the joy of all joys. Especially Road Rage. More 3 and Revenge style though please.

Also get Dominator up and running on the EU Vita store in the mean time please.

How about some true cross platform play that doesn't require you to spend nearly $100 buying the same game twice? Otherwise Sony should just kill this feature and stop using it as a selling point because nobody will be interested.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
It's a contract position, so I'm guessing just a mobile take on their new NFS.

KAL2006

Banned
How about some true cross platform play that doesn't require you to spend nearly $100 buying the same game twice? Otherwise Sony should just kill this feature and stop using it as a selling point because nobody will be interested.

Well I'm interested in buying SFxT Vita even though I own PS3 versions. I do agree I expect a discount for buying both, but I don't expect to get one version free as it takes resources to make both ports, making a PS3 version doesn't mean they press one button to make a Vita version instantly. Though Sony have few games in the works that you get 2 for one (Warrior's Lair, Some WipeOut tracks, MotorStorm RC, DLC on various games, Hustle Kings, Top Darts).

BLACK 2? Hahaha.

Whatever it is, I'll look forward to it (especially given that Criterion have had no hand in the PSP/DS games before)

ReaperXL7

Personally id love to see a new ip from Criterion, but if it were a sequel to burnout paradise or black id be close to just as happy with it. I'm expecting a port of whatever thir console game is this year. Could be paradise 2, but it will probably be need for speed related.

Top Bottom