• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curt Schilling's '38 Studios' lays off entire staff, Big Huge Games to be closed

duckroll

Damn. I wasn't interested in the game but I was hoping they would get through it. Maybe SOE or some Korean MMO maker funding the rest of it.

Poor Rich Gallup :(

edit. BigHuge as well?

FUCK.

After KOA turned out ok I would have thought they could have sold them off to someone if 38 needed the cash. They seemed like a solid team.

this ISN'T funny at all.

but seeing "developing story" and the story being "everyone's laid off" just made me a chuckle a tiny bit. what more can possibly develop? "they also shut the coffee maker off."

seriously though, not funny if true. seemed like they (38) were trying to do all the right things with the right people and it just hasn't worked out.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Man, that sucks.

I was hoping for an Amalur 2 with the issues from the first fixed. I think they could have nailed it. Maybe EA can pick up the Amalur IP and let someone else work on it.

Also the MMO looked promising.

BuzzJive

Most haven't been paid from the 1st of this month, but I think some even longer. I can confirm through a friend that this story is true. EDIT - at least the 38 studios part. I know nothing of Bug Huge Games.

eznark

Banned
schilling.jpg

Mitch Williams is laughing at you, Curt

Draconian

I wonder who gave the go ahead on showing that walkthrough last week. The way they timed it made it seem like they were essentially saying "Everything is ok now" when the whole thing was really about to blow up.

EXGN

Wow, the game looked really impressive in the screens. Feel for everyone who got laid off :(

I actually applied at 38 Studios but didn't get the job. Looks like that turned out for the better.

According to a recent tweet from Curt Schilling, KoA: Reckoning sold 1.2 million copies in its first 90 days of release. I have no idea how sales that good can still allow for such a tragic collapse. :(

Top Bottom