• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EA-Conf] SimCity E3 Gameplay Trailer

Pandemic

This pretty much made the whole EA conference for me. Never mind the mic rubbing, corporate snubbing, and general ass-kissing nature of the whole presentation. This trailer was great, and it's the shining beacon of interest in EA's current line-up.

King_Moc

Banned
Game of E3 so far. By a mile. Awesome tilt-shift effects make me think this could be the game to convince me to go 3D.

Tiktaalik

Looks good but they unfortunately didn't show much of anything. It's pretty and that's great, but I'd really like to see some significant improvements to the series' design and gameplay.

This visual style is brilliant. Perfectly-readable when having to switch from one task to another, but it also just looks plain great in screens and in motion.

SimCity on tablet could work very well.

I guess I'm a heathen when I say I hope they actually do just that :( I love SimCity, but it can be needlessly complicated.
Some would equate this argument to the A-Train games, actually, though I don't necessarily agree that SimCity nor A-Train are overly-complicated/complex/artsy in any way.

King_Moc

Banned
I wonder how well Sim City would work with a tablet controller...

Perfectly. But I suspect it's not just the controls that will keep this away from consoles though. When Sim City 4 came out, even high end PC's struggled with it.

I guess I'm a heathen when I say I hope they actually do just that :( I love SimCity, but it can be needlessly complicated.
I kind-of agree, not on the complicatedness really, but SimCity 4 seemed needlessly hard, it was way super hard compared to all previous SimCities. I like SimCity, but I don't want to have to be a real politician or engineer to be able to play it. Though I definitely want it to be more than SimCity Societies, ugh.

ShaneB

Some would equate this argument to the A-Train games, actually, though I don't necessarily agree that SimCity nor A-Train are overly-complicated/complex/artsy in any way.

Well I'm just hoping for the sort of "easy to access, difficult to master" game design etc etc.

I wouldn't imagine that's asking for much. At least.. I hope not. I guess I'm just getting old :p

I kind-of agree, not on the complicatedness really, but SimCity 4 seemed needlessly hard, it was way super hard compared to all previous SimCities. I like SimCity, but I don't want to have to be a real politician or engineer to be able to play it. Though I definitely want it to be more than SimCity Societies, ugh.

edit:I never played Societies, so I guess I am out of the loop, but I do remember hearing it was definitely not the sort of simplicity I want either.

Tilt shift annoys my eyes, so hope that stuff is completely optional, just too much blur. But otherwise the game looks great, can't wait even though I hate this social connectivity route they are going with every game.

Well I'm just hoping for the sort of "easy to access, difficult to master" game design etc etc.

I wouldn't imagine that's asking for much. At least.. I hope not. I guess I'm just getting old :p

edit:I never played Societies, so I guess I am out of the loop, but I do remember hearing it was definitely not the sort of simplicity I want either.
You can make complex games that are still very-accessible by the nature of included control schemes and optional resources.

Durante

I am so happy that even at this brolicious E3 there was a game that was advertised with the fact that it features "Data visualization".

Vlodril

Simcity games always looked so good to me. Too bad i am absolute crap with them. Way to complicated for me unfortunately.

Top Bottom