• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

Du2andal

Banned
Here is a quick and dirty tile I made for Anachronox:

q8ZkF.jpg

catabarez

That worked, thanks.

As for ALT+F4, I could probably either set it up in Xpadder, or map it to my Harmony remote.

I know this is getting off topic, but if I chose the Xpadder option, is there a way to make the program close or disable itself once I open/close a game? It's kind of annoying to have the Xpadder controller presets carry to another game, forcing me to manually close it each time.

Back on topic, can anyone take this banner and apply the Yume Nikki logo (either the text or "maze version") onto it? Maybe at the bottom between the hands?

l5EpB.png

If you have the paid version of Xpadder you can go into the settings and mess with the auto profile stuff.

SOLDIER

If you have the paid version of Xpadder you can go into the settings and mess with the auto profile stuff.

Are there instructions on how to do that? Having the profiles close automatically would be incredibly helpful.

Also, that Yume Nikki banner is perfect, thanks.

For the Madoka fans out there, anyone willing to make a banner for Grief Syndrome?

Edit: turns out there are a couple already, but the logos are rather low res.

xJavonta

Banned
Wii/GCN games on Steam WITH Overlay

First thing you have to do is add the Dolphin emulator to the Steam library as a Non-Steam game.

Next you go into the properties of the emulator through Steam. Just right click it in the Steam menu then click on "Properties"

Where it says Target change it to something similar to this:

"E:\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" /e "F:\Gamecube\Double Dash.iso" /b

The first part is the location of the application for your emulator. The /e lets the emulator know to run this .iso when it starts. The second file location is the .iso you want the emulator to run and the /b closes the emulator when you exit the game.

After doing all that the game should work perfectly with Steam!

To do multiple Wii games on Steam simply make a copy of the application (not a shortcut) and repeat the process with a separate .iso

PM me if you have any questions, I am glad to help anyone out.

Edit: Here is how to do it for PCSX2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27581549&postcount=222
I'll look into how to do this with other emulators without .bat files.
I use this method and it works fantastic. The only difference is that I make .bat files and convert them to .exe using an online tool. Works for PCSX2 as well.
Heh, here's mine.

GboxL.jpg

Great minds etc. :p
Indeed lol

catabarez

I use this method and it works fantastic. The only difference is that I make .bat files and convert them to .exe using an online tool. Works for PCSX2 as well.

Indeed lol

Does it still allow the overlay? When I made a .bat file the overlay didn't work.

catabarez

Are there instructions on how to do that? Having the profiles close automatically would be incredibly helpful.

Also, that Yume Nikki banner is perfect, thanks.

For the Madoka fans out there, anyone willing to make a banner for Grief Syndrome?

Edit: turns out there are a couple already, but the logos are rather low res.

First of all, make a blank profile. This will definitely help.

On the top right corner there's a wrench. Click it.

There should be a list of options on the left and autoprofile is near the bottom. Click on it.

Click on New... and then choose the profile you want to use.

Then it will want you to select a program to associate that profile with. Now you're done with that.

Activate the <Default> option under autoprofile and edit it. Choose the blank profile.

I'm pretty sure that's all you need to do.

xJavonta

Banned
Does it still allow the overlay? When I made a .bat file the overlay didn't work.

Yep, if I remember correctly it does. I took several screenshots in Persona 4 and I think in order to take Steam shots the overlay has to be working. You have to convert the .bat to an .exe instead.

I would double check, but Steam is currently updating. I'll follow up when it's done.

Edit: Yep, it works. Just booted up Persona 4 and pressed Shift+Tab to bring up the overlay. No problems.

SOLDIER

First of all, make a blank profile. This will definitely help.

On the top right corner there's a wrench. Click it.

There should be a list of options on the left and autoprofile is near the bottom. Click on it.

Click on New... and then choose the profile you want to use.

Then it will want you to select a program to associate that profile with. Now you're done with that.

Activate the <Default> option under autoprofile and edit it. Choose the blank profile.

I'm pretty sure that's all you need to do.

That is incredibly helpful, thank you.

I just have two more questions for the Xpadder expert (you).

1. Is there a profile that lets you map the Home button on the 360 controller?

2. Is there a way to create an input that utilizes two buttons at once?

I want to do like the Steam Screenshot shortcut (LT+Home) and map ALT+F4 to two buttons.

catabarez

That is incredibly helpful, thank you.

I just have two more questions for the Xpadder expert (you).

1. Is there a profile that lets you map the Home button on the 360 controller?

2. Is there a way to create an input that utilizes two buttons at once?

I want to do like the Steam Screenshot shortcut (LT+Home) and map ALT+F4 to two buttons.

I think Pinnacle is the one that is able to map two buttons like that. I may be wrong though let me check.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Does anyone have a steam icon for mumble? I want to be able to pull up Mumble for Guild Wars 2 GAF without exiting BPM.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
EYS6r.png

Hope this is the right icon.

You are a god. Thank you. I don't have PS on this machine, and I'm lazy.

I wonder, if I bring up both Mumble and GW2 via BPM at the same time, hopefully it won't shit itself.

SOLDIER

I think Pinnacle is the one that is able to map two buttons like that. I may be wrong though let me check.

Not really necessary: I just chose to map Alt and F4 to Select and Start. I just push both when I want to close the game.

I still haven't figured out how to set a profile that automatically opens/closes though.

GNFAa.jpg

Is this right? If so, what do I do next?

Nabs

Not really necessary: I just chose to map Alt and F4 to Select and Start. I just push both when I want to close the game.

I still haven't figured out how to set a profile that automatically opens/closes though.

http://i.imgur.com/GNFAa.jpg

Is this right? If so, what do I do next?

Doesn't Dark Souls have multiple exes? Try another one if that one doesn't work.

Make sure you also set a blank profile for the <default> listing and activate it so it goes back to normal once you're done with the game.

SOLDIER

It's the right .exe (it's the same one added as a shortcut to Steam). I can't seem to figure out how to do this correctly. If someone could post a screenshot of their program so I could copy it, I'd appreciate it.

SOLDIER

Okay, figured it out. I just set the Dark Souls profile for both .exes (data and dark souls), and now I've set other profiles that toggle on and off with corresponding games. Awesome.

The bad news is that Steam keeps deleting the custom banners every time it updates. Is there a way to prevent this? Otherwise these custom banners will never stick.

Edit: My custom icons carried over with the latest update, so maybe this has been fixed on Steam's end. I hope so.

I'd like to request some SNES icons I don't see in the banner site.

Super Punch-Out

TMNT: Turtles in Time

Power Rangers

Batman Returns

X-Men Mutant Apocalypse

SOLDIER

Since I'll likely keep asking for more custom icons, how about a quick photoshop tutorial in the OP on how to seamlessly apply a game's logo onto a pic of our choice?

Haunted

Since I'll likely keep asking for more custom icons, how about a quick photoshop tutorial in the OP on how to seamlessly apply a game's logo onto a pic of our choice?
With Photoshop? It's as simple as selecting (magic wand) the logo, cut/copy the selection, then drag and drop into the other picture. Resize or crop to 460x215 and save.

There are thousands of tutorials on the web if you want to get into photo manipulation/design. The skills needed for Steam banners are really quite basic, otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it. :p

How about a bit different?

Black Mesa Source
9bN58.png
I actually want to use that one. Here's also an attempt to recreate the one from before. Needs adjusting, but I can't put my finger on it.

i8B7bIoaAsUgi.png

It might be too dark and removing that S is super easy, if desired.

Scythian

I made some Resident Evil Outbreak ones since I couldn't find any, there's one with the RE logo and some with the Biohazard one with different blending mode or something, so there are a few options.

Minus album link

I like this one best:
ibvwV5bJ70AaLy.png

With the Biohazard logo:
iiUayAldzawKU.png

Just now I'm noticing the trademark in them, perhaps I can remove it...

LogicStep

Wow I never knew they did this. Finally I can fix some of my icons! =D

What does everyone do with games on Origin? Any way to include that into Steam even though it might be redundant?

In celebration of another Indie Royale, here's some very quick and probably fairly rubbish icons I've knocked together for the non-Steam games in this particular bundle.

Qlione
ibfCfBkFcjD9cL.png

Flying Red Barrel
ib1AlLFyTHcTP0.png

Cute Things Dying Violently
ijO1S8429xjip.png

Bunny Must Die!
ihQieKRcjycEh.png

Bonus: Acceleration of Suguri X
ibqpWiTVf1JqJ7.png

orfax

I continue going through my GOG collection:

Crystals of Arborea
ZwLTm.png

Ishar: Legend of the Fortress
3MjWV.png

Ishar 2: Messengers of Doom
yWPpw.png

Ishar 3: The Seven Gates of Infinity
MERa7.png

Teen Agent
nDd1a.png

SOLDIER

Sorry to derail with more emulator questions, but this thread currently is the closest match to ask.

1. Is there a way to have Visualboy Advance open up in fullscreen mode without the toolbar on top (hitting ESC gets rid of it, but I'd like for it to be automatically closed)?

2. What's the best possible configuration for sound with ZSNES? I have it set at the maximum HZ (48000), but I still get some minor cracking/popping. Would setting it mid-range be better?

3. I've heard people swear by BSNES, but I can't for the life of me get it to run properly. I can manage a steady framerate, but the audio has a serious cracking problem. Anyone know how to fix this?

Top Bottom