• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Anthology & Resident Evil 6 Archives announced

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dusk Golem

Anthology gets RE1 and RE2. Anthology wins.

I'm assuming RE1 is REmake. Better be.

Seems like the Director's Cut. Unfortunately it seems the REmake is indeed stuck with Nintendo as they seemed to have had a finger in developing it and have the publishing rights for it.

fernoca

Anthology gets RE1 and RE2. Anthology wins.

I'm assuming RE1 is REmake. Better be.

It say Director's Cut ..so it's the PSone version that is on the PS Store right now...like RE2 and RE3. Heck, it says "all for the PSN" so I guess it means just vouchers/codes.

Degeneration is the recent movie, right? PS3 wins by default
Is the only CG movie at the moment. :p

Overall both are kinda lame. Since it's seems to be the game along with digital copies/downloads and the PS3 version has the PSone versions of 1,2 and 3; but lacks Code Veronica and the CG movie; that the 360 version has (guess in place of the original trilogy that is not out on Xbox 360).

Why no Resident Evil: Code Veronica for Anthology? :( I still haven't gotten around to purchasing the HD re-releases of RE: Code Veronica and RE4 and it seems silly to leave that game out of a near complete collection.

God dammit, I got excited for a second then realized they are just PSN downloads. On a disc Crapcom! ON A DISC!

Oh damn. I guess it won't matter that RE: Code Veronica isn't included then, as I can just download it separately. A complete disk based package would have been preferred though. Something like the anniversary bonuses that Nintendo released for Zelda and Mario, etc.

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

EYEL1NER

Hmmm. Initially I got excited for this but then I saw that the 360 version is shit compared to the PS3 version. So I decided to get hyped for the PS3 version and then saw that they are just PSN codes to download the game and not on disc.

Can't say I care about either of them now.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Archives is a joke, giving the 360 a CG movie, really?

I already have RE4 and CV on XBL. Would definitely jump on board if the included RE1-RE3. I'm assuming there's some sort of Sony exclusivity there though.

lantus

I would definitely get this on PS3 if I didn't already have all of those games, seems like a great deal.

randomwab

I'm assuming there's some sort of Sony exclusivity there though.

I would doubt it. All three PSX Resident Evil games were ported to at least two other platforms. I think it's just Capcom lazily bundling whatever's already on the platforms. They can throw download codes for the PSX classics on PSN.

I even wonder if it's rights/exclusivity holding REmake and Zero back from getting rereleased or if there's more going on, such as development assets and data having been deleted. You'd think all that stuff would have been archived, but the recent Silent Hill ports and Okami's development on Wii show that it just doesn't happen.

Dusk Golem

I would doubt it. All three PSX Resident Evil games were ported to at least two other platforms. I think it's just Capcom lazily bundling whatever's already on the platforms. They can throw download codes for the PSX classics on PSN.

I even wonder if it's rights/exclusivity holding REmake and Zero back from getting rereleased or if there's more going on, such as development assets and data having been deleted. You'd think all that stuff would have been archived, but the recent Silent Hill ports and Okami's development on Wii show that it just doesn't happen.

I'm pretty sure it's not the assets being deleted since they were ported with enhancements to the Wii, reworking the control scheme with motion controls and upping the resolution and crispness of the graphics and some textures.

I also wonder why they don't work on some of the projects fans ask for, like a remake of 2, when they can successfully recreate the Resident Evil 2 environments (as well as RE1's and Code Veronica's) in full 3D for Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles of all things.

Striek

Smh Capcom, port RE1/2/3 to the X360 or don't release an archive. Don't lazily deny PS3 owners Code Veronica to try and have "parity". Degeneration is just insulting too, that movie was terrrrrible.

Why no Resident Evil: Code Veronica for Anthology? :( I still haven't gotten around to purchasing the HD re-releases of RE: Code Veronica and RE4 and it seems silly to leave that game out of a near complete collection.

Yea kinda weird. Just throw in in there Capcom for crying out loud.

Even though I own digital versions of RE1-4 and CV now on PSN :(

PS3 one seems better imo.

That's probably because they never ported RE 1, 2 and 3 to the 360. Though, they could always throw the iso's on an emulator or something, but that would require Capcom to hire somebody to develop a PS1 emulator for 360. :p

REmake or bust.

This. REmake was amazing. I would love to see this one get an HD facelift for the newer consoles. though doing so would require re-rendering all the backdrops... assuming that Capcom still has the original source models stored away somewhere. But i doubt we'll ever see that happen.

I also want to see a REmake of RE2. Which was my favorite game in the series.

Persona7

Banned
Seems like the Director's Cut. Unfortunately it seems the REmake is indeed stuck with Nintendo as they seemed to have had a finger in developing it and have the publishing rights for it.

No.

They can't just stretch the game out because all the pre-rendered backgrounds will look like shit unless they invest millions and redo them all.

Not even going to bother with this due to the downloads and not being on a disk. I'll get RE6 a few months later when the price drops.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why are they different? :eek:

Already have RE 1-4 (PS+ ftw) on PS3 anyways.

Xbox never had RE1-RE3, so in effect they replaced RE1-RE3 with Degenerations and CVX.

I think it's better to go with the PS3 Anthology because you can grab CVX from the PSN store anyway.

That's probably because they never ported RE 1, 2 and 3 to the 360. Though, they could always throw the iso's on an emulator or something, but that would require Capcom to hire somebody to develop a PS1 emulator for 360. :p

I was going to say something similar. But I don't own HD RE4 or Code V. I hope RE4 and CV is disc media so I can at least play it else where with out my HDD and internet connection.

Sylver

Banned
They should include Chronicles HD games in PS3 version.
Sadly a collection without Zero a REmake is not a complete collection.

MrDaravon

PS3 bundle is way better deal, but I'm sure that's not all on disc, and any people I would play RE6 with will be on 360 :/

Top Bottom