• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Anthology & Resident Evil 6 Archives announced

Derrick01

Banned
I'd consider buying the PS3 one if I didn't already have RE4 HD. Already having the best game in that package kind of sours it a bit.

Jawmuncher

All of it just being Download Codes does indeed suck.
Though its not entirely terrible for people who would like to own all the games, who are still new to the franchise.

Though personally a purchase of these will depend on how the packaging is, if it's just a regular RE6 case with downloadable inserts within it, I think I'll hold off.

Hopefully they have an actual CE or LE in the works, or perhaps this is it?

demigod

Once again Crapcom screws ps3 users by not adding code veronica. I have all already so i wont get this.

Carlisle

I finished RE5 on 360 long ago, but I've been toying with getting the PS3 version for superior Move control. Just can't justify it, but this bundle might do it for me (though it would help even more if I didn't have RE1-3 and CV on PS3 already). No interest in RE4 though, I'd rather play through the Wii edition on Dolphin.

TL4E

PS3 version would have been perfect if it included CV.

Why not just include all of them in both and charge $99?

Vamphuntr

There's no 360 version of 2 and 3 so they gimped the PS3 one so that they could charge 90$ for the 360 version too.

For any Canadians interested in picking this up Futureshop has the Anthology and Archive listed for 59.99 at the moment.

Too bad the tsilon 20$ off thing is not up yet :S

Jawmuncher

Agreed it really is dumb how Capcom basically messed up on making a bundle.
Had the PS3 version been all on disc with the 360 being all on the disc (Aside from the DLC)
Then these would have been really cool.

RPGCrazied

And how come we can't get this?

www.andriasang-523x440.jpg

Curufinwe

I have everything is some format apart from RE1 so this package is definitely not for me. Actually I also have REmake on GC which is far better than the original.

Jawmuncher

Because Capcom NA seems to be pretty lazy.
Sucks they can go all out for a Street Fighter Bundle but Resident Evil just gets stuck with download tokens.

If I recall isn't Resident Evil now capcom's #1 IP?
Street Fighter just holds the record for most sold copies of one game (Street Fighter 2)

It ain't RE2 that needs the REmake treatment. Its RE3 that needs it. Imagine they bring in dat zapping system with Carlos? This will bring in tons of new areas and locations, enemies and bosses because Carlos is split from Jill for like 75% of the game so we really don't see what hes up to.

Those include actual disks, PSone disks, which Capcom will not port to 360. Which means this would be a physical package exclusive to PS3, and I don't think Microsoft would let that happen. We already know they paid up for exclusive (timed) DLC, and I'm 99% sure that deal extends to a unique RE6 Xbox 360 console.

My bet is the deal includes no special packages unique to Sony. Just thinking out loud.

Because Capcom NA seems to be pretty lazy.
Sucks they can go all out for a Street Fighter Bundle but Resident Evil just gets stuck with download tokens.

If I recall isn't Resident Evil now capcom's #1 IP?
Street Fighter just holds the record for most sold copies of one game (Street Fighter 2)
Resident Evil has been their #1 IP for years now. The Street Fighter collection is also a bunch of DLC codes packed in with SFIV and SFxT. That collection is not so good either.

StuBurns

Banned
It's cool they're doing this, it would be easy to just give the PS3 owners the crappy film, or not give the 360 owners anything instead of the PS1 games. Pretty classy.

Damn, I thought the 360 version included the new RE CG movies that is coming out, not the old one... meh. Preordered it anyway, glad I haven't bought either of the HD RE remakes yet.

That is a really good deal for anyone who hasn't played or owned the series. Would it be wrong to double dip on the majority of those games?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Deal sucks. For that kind of money those extra games better be on a disc i can own, not downloads that wont be available in 5 years.

BD1

Banned
Is it unreasonable to expect a RE6: Chronicles for Wii U down the line?

Outside of the obvious late port of RE6 (with DLC), they could include REmake, RE0, RE4 HD, RE:CV HD, RE:C HD, RE:DC HD.

Seik

Banned
I'm going with the PS3 version because PSOne emulation will soon be available for Vita and all those RE titles are more than welcome on my Vita.

Plus it was really, really worth it with the Future Shop deal that came after E3, game will cost 44,99$. :p

Top Bottom