• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which movie should I see tomorrow: Prometheus or Madagascar 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rgRAJ.png

5iaDL.png

Decisions... decisions... :/

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I refuse to believe Madagascar is any fun at all. the previous 2 always felt so fucking cloying and desperate. The trailer for the new one wit the Zebra frantically dancing in clown make-up doesn't do much to dispel that.

Man

Roger Ebert said:
Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" is a magnificent science-fiction film, all the more intriguing because it raises questions about the origin of human life and doesn't have the answers. It's in the classic tradition of golden age sci-fi, echoing Scott's "Alien" (1979), but creating a world of its own. I'm a pushover for material like this; it's a seamless blend of story, special effects and pitch-perfect casting, filmed in sane, effective 3-D that doesn't distract.
4 Stars

Go see Madagascar.

Lijik

Madagascar 3 is the next Citizen Kane of films.
A true work of art with a depth that may surprise, and an incredible story that will please you.
A truly mature experience that will change the way you view your world
tumblr_m4rnc9mSxI1qegw8v.gif

So that, naturally.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Prometheus, no question. Even if it sucks, that's what you should see, because it's so different from what Hollywood typically gives us. There's no need to reward DreamWorks Animation for doing yet another Madagascar movie.

Prometheus, no question. Even if it sucks, that's what you should see, because it's so different from what Hollywood typically gives us. There's no need to reward DreamWorks Animation for doing yet another Madagascar movie.

This is the truth.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
A true work of art with a depth that may surprise, and an incredible story that will please you.
umblr_m4rnc9mSxI1qegw8v.gif

So that, naturally.
The Citizen Kane of films?

So that, naturally.

Da da da da da da da da circus da da da da da da da da afro circus afro circus afro polka dot polka dot polka dot afro

First we endure a horrible E3 and now Prometheus drops from its initial 83% to 75%, one point below a Madagascar sequel. A Ridley Scott science fiction film is currently trending lower than a sequel to one of the worst animated franchises of all time. Could this week possibly get any worse?

So that, naturally.

Chris Rock every chance he gets when talking about Madagascar:

"Yeah, I just go in a booth, do a little voice and then they give me seven million dollars! Little kids walk up to me and BEG me to do Crackalackin.' So I'll go 'Crackalackin....' (blaise who gives a crap tone of voice) and they're all like OOOHHHHHHH!!!! WOW!!!!"

He did this spiel again at the Oscars this year while presenting the award for best animated film. Seriously just wanted to reach into the TV and punch the dude in the face.

Dishwalla

Banned
And this is why you shouldn't judge a movie based on review sites like RT. Madagascar 3 might not end up being as bad as it appears, but do you honestly see yourself enjoying the movie? I don't.

Not really wild about Prometheus either, but I'd see it over M3 in a heartbeat.

I saw madagascar 1 and it was really good. but I don't give a shit if kids' movies get made because, well, they always will be.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's kinda sad that people are judging Madagascar 3 because of that commercial (which is actually pretty short, is mocked by the movie, and is mostly Nickelodeon's fault). It's also written by the guy behind Fantastic Mr. Fox (which I'm sure GAF loves), and people pretty much said it's much, much better than the first 2 films. The movie pretty much solved my issues with the first two films as far as storytelling and plot are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom