• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm an idiot and want to get an 8-bit NES sprite tattoo (suggestions?)

Now, I'm fully aware this is a dumb idea that I'll regret, but I've been wanting to do it for a while and why not right? My wife has said it can be my birthday present for the big 3-0.

Anyway, I'm looking for some suggestions. Any and all 8-bit NES sprites are welcome.

My favorite NES games include:

Blades of Steel
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania 1 & 3
Contra
Ducktales
Excitebike
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda
Life Force
Mega Man 1, 2, & 3
Metroid
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Ninja Gaiden
R.C. Pro-Am
Rad Racer
Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, & 3
Tecmo Bowl
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
Zanac

Now, I'm fully aware this is a dumb idea that I'll regret, but I've been wanting to do it for a while and why not right? My wife has said it can be my birthday present for the big 3-0.

Oh, did she?

trap.jpg

M-PG71C

You got the idiot part right.

Of course, life is short so fuck it. If you're rich, Ducktails. If not, Bubble Bobble.

I'd suggest Mega Man.

Something about Mega Man's sprite makes it stand out against other sprites. It's also pretty recognizable.

Also, don't get a Rad Racer tattoo. I don't know why, but it seems completely and utterly wrong.

In all seriousness, if I had to get a sprite tattoo based on an NES game it would probably be Simon Belmont from the first Castlevania. Just the basic side view look.

KevinCow

Banned
My favorite NES games include:

Blades of Steel
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania 1 & 3
Contra
Ducktales
Excitebike
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda
Life Force
Mega Man 1, 2, & 3
Metroid
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Ninja Gaiden
R.C. Pro-Am
Rad Racer
Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, & 3
Tecmo Bowl
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
Zanac

Get all of them.

You have enough skin.

Mitsurux

While my personal preference would be not to get anything....

Based our your game list, there is only one true and epic choice:

Mega Man 2 Robot Master level Select screen On you back, full color...

Get a Mega Man-style sprite of you or your significant other. It's really easy to slightly tweak the sprite until it resembles whatever you want, so why not combine your love for the series with your love for yourself/your wife?

The best advice for tattoos would be if you need to ask what you should get, you probably should not get it.

Having said that, get two snakes from snake rattle and roll swallowing balls.

abrack08

get a health bar

Yes. But just an empty bar. Then use a green maker every day to fill in however much health you have for that day. If you're sick or feel shitty, maybe it's just a third full. Would be a good way to let people know you aren't in a good mood.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Someone should be crazyadventurous enough to get the whole Super Mario Bros World 1-1 tattoo'd onto them.

Yes. But just an empty bar. Then use a green maker every day to fill in however much health you have for that day. If you're sick or feel shitty, maybe it's just a third full. Would be a good way to let people know you aren't in a good mood.

Actually, that's a pretty cool idea. You could use a bit of red marker with only a little bit of it filled for being sickly or exhausted, yellow medium for meh, and varying lengths of green. Of course, this requires you to have conviction with the idea for it to really work. And for it to be visible someplace that you won't regret having it imprinted there.

Neiteio

LOL, I like this (even though tattoos are nasty as fuuuuuuck).

Salsa

The best advice for tattoos would be if you need to ask what you should get, you probably should not get it.

This aint really true. I have a theory with tattoos that I very much applied to myself: just get it fucking done. If you give yourself time to think about it you'll never do it. I know people who wants to get tattoos since like 3 years ago and know they'll never do it cause they have so much trouble deciding what to get. They decide on something and immediatly think of something better or regret the previous decision yadda yadda

(assuming it isnt something super big) just get it done! it aint big deal. You'd be silly regretting over a tattoo, in any case you'd just look to it and laugh remembering what you were back then. Whatevs.

Top Bottom