• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm an idiot and want to get an 8-bit NES sprite tattoo (suggestions?)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Most any pixel art done in a non-pixel medium by human hand tends to come out looking not quite right. It's kinda like asking someone to do a tattoo of a needlepoint sewing.

Were I doing an NES-themed tattoo, I'd probably go for Metroid's Samus/Screw Attack logo:
samus_logo.png

Not in those colors, of course.

Grayman

Yes. But just an empty bar. Then use a green maker every day to fill in however much health you have for that day. If you're sick or feel shitty, maybe it's just a third full. Would be a good way to let people know you aren't in a good mood.
I like this.

My joking idea is to put a notepad on myself and use it.

Mistle

While I'm not a fan of tattoos, I'd take 8-bit sprites over the horrible skulls/dragons/flames etc that people usually get.

Kangi

Are you man enough for a bright pink 8-bit Kirby tattoo? If not, then I say something Mega Man-related.

Xenon

How about something like this. If you want to go crazy you can add the word evolution under it.

zexrm.jpg

gryz

Banned
if you have to ask, you maybe shouldn't get it.

nothing wrong with videogame tattoos, but it should at least be from a game that was important to you and not just some random "8 bit" tattoo

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If you have to ask someone else, you shouldn't get it. The tattoo should resonate with you personally. Otherwise you're in danger of getting one you won't like in a few years,

Dude your going to regret it in a few years. Just buy a shirt shirt on ebay or something.

This. I would try out some techniques mentioned here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_tattoo if I were you, but a real, non-removable tattoo? Never. It's not only that I would possibly regret this after a few years, I simply do not trust someone tattooing me. I would fear that he would screw up and then I have to live with it.

Selkies!

I was, at one point, days away from getting that Mega Man jumping tattoo. I was then introduced to my friends new boyfriend, who had that very tattoo on his ankle. Soured me on the whole thing.

I've since met two other people with similar tattoos. 3 of the 5 people I know with videogame related tattoos have a fucking jumping Mega Man (the other 2 are the Dreamcast logo and a casual Bowser). I do not regret bailing on it.

Maybe I should get Rad Spencer instead.

-KRS-

That's weird. My sister has a tatoo of the dragon in your avatar, ElectricBlanketFire. That exact picture. She also has the green dragon. One on each arm.

Yes, I thought it was a terrible idea as well. It's her arms though.

Erekiddo

30th birthday, but what anniversary number are you on? You could always ask for something else.

larry-david.jpg

... if you know what I mean.

EYEL1NER

Thanks for the thread, OP.
It doesn't fit with the 8-bit idea and hasn't been suggested, but because of the thread I now have the idea of getting a JSR Grafitti Soul tattoo at some point in the future.
I'm not gonna make it my third gaming tat in a row, so it will be after the next couple things I want. But sometime soon, it will happen.

Anyway, Punch Out is one my all-time favs, so maybe Mac jogging with his coach on his bike?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I love game tattoo threads. I think something people know would be what I'd go for (Mario, Zelda, Tetris pieces maybe). I really love Kirby and Wario Land work too. Game Boy sprites could look really simple, but very slick.

A few cool gaming tattoos I like. I find Paper Mario sprites really come across great as a finished product too, where some other tattoos, like stuff based off official Mario promo artwork, looks so-so.

lqxND.jpg

8WAdK.jpg

cTtUa.png

JuL9L.jpg

gryz

Banned
my gf has an umbrella corp tattoo but i'm too much of a bitch to get anything

possibly something from phantasy star though lol

ToxicAdam

I don't think anyone has ever gotten a GAF tattoo.

DO IT

or get a Bubble Bobble one. It's a cool character that hasn't been fucked out yet.

Top Bottom