• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING NEWS: NISA president says Disgaea 5 will be made

Cheska

Disgaea 4 was much more interesting than Disgaea 3 in my opinion so I only hope they continue with that trend.

Lucent

-sigh- I have the first four and I still haven't completed any of them due to my increasing backlog and having had problems with letting myself finish games. =( A vita disgaea would be great though.

hed

Neo Member
Yeah, it's just a comfirmation that they won't stop doing Disgaea (why would they?). I haven't played Disgaea 4 yet. How is it better than the third?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I still have yet to beat the fourth game. Maybe I will be the time this one comes Stateside, heh.

Apdiddy

Will probably be PS3 with Vita port to follow.

NIS is so dedicated to Sony hardware, it would probably be the last game released on Vita just like Rayearth was the last game released for the Saturn by like, months.

I think you're implying that the Vita will die as the Saturn did after four years. Still, you might be right as far as NIS supporting Sony hardware until the end.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm just waiting for 3DS to become super popular worldwide so N1 can release shoddy ports for that system and then go back to making Vita games when those bad ports don't sell well at all.

JaxJag

Banned
I absolutely became addicted to the original Disgaea, but every game in the franchise since the original just seem to all blur together.

Meh.

bon

In other news, Capcom is working on another Resident Evil, and Sega is planning to make more Sonic games.

I absolutely became addicted to the original Disgaea, but every game in the franchise since the original just seem to all blur together.

Meh.

Same. Just can't bring myself to spend that much time again. When you find yourself playing the game for 10 hours straight, in your head, when you are trying to sleep, it is a hard place to go back to.

I've still purchased them all though, so will probably get this as well. Not sure if I will play it though...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Actually I need D4 port for vita. I didn't like 3 that much.

Same here, i havent bothered with D3 Vita since i already played it on Ps3 - and after seeing D4, i knew i`ll have to wait till i can play it dat OLED. D4 on Vita will be great.

Ravage

D4 was my first Disgaea and i love it. It's still the only 'traditional' SRPG series i can really get into. Crossplay for D5 please!

I think you're implying that the Vita will die as the Saturn did after four years. Still, you might be right as far as NIS supporting Sony hardware until the end.

The Rayearth for Saturn example as a sign of console dedication is misleading, too: Working Designs had already abandoned the Saturn to release Lunar 1+2 as PlayStation exclusives in the States, despite the existence of comparable Saturn releases in Japan.

NIS (as a developer, not a publisher) puts pretty much nothing on Xbox or Nintendo hardware. I think Disgaea DS was like, the only exception? And that was only after immense quantities of fan demand.

As far as the Vita's demise is concerned, it would be premature at this point to predict its fate. I know what I'd like to see, but...

LuuKyK

Will we have HD scenarios now or just character sprites again? lol jk kinda

Shocking News indeed, but more Disgaea is always good news.

fates

What's with all the "vita plz" posts? Disgaea series (and most NIS games in general, for that matter) has always been main entry on console -> port (with some extras) to handheld. Don't see why they'd suddenly change up to portables only.

And this isn't surprising at all, Disgaea is their big seller. Probably will start seeing premier screens and such early next year, and maybe hear something about it at TGS.

This probably isn't going to be ready any time soon since the Disgaea team is currently working on Nippon Ichi's 20th Anniversary RPG.

.la1n

More Disgaea is always great news, probably one of the only series I can look forward to consistently outside of perhaps Persona (where is 5 Atlus!?)

Top Bottom