• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 1!! FREE HATS

Artanisix

iVCEY1gNtG60C.png

WELCOME TO GAF'S FIRST DOTA2 INHOUSE LEAGUE1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111 omg so cool! This is a several-week-long battle for BIG rewards! Free to enter, free to play!

OFFICIAL STREAM!!! Featuring Astroboy and BZM: http://www.twitch.tv/dommynick
Secondary superior stream that isn't up as often: http://www.twitch.tv/anbokr

JOIN THE DOTA 2 IHL GROUP TO GET UPDATED WITH IHL GAMES! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gafdota2ihl
Still adding officers to post more announcements, hang in tight!

CHANGELOG
7/24/2012
  • Your team may now concede at 20 minutes if all people on the team agree to forfeit.
  • RD and SD modes may be played if both CAPTAINS agree to it. Else, default to CM.
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLAY WITH YOUR GAF NAME AS YOUR STEAM NICKNAME. Spending 10 minutes to figure out who one player is, is NOT fun.

7/26/2012
  • Due to the chat lobby bug, we encourage people to join mumble and listen during player drafting.
  • You can find instructions for the neogaf mumble here.

8/2/2012
  • PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE SCOREBOARDS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN POSTED OR I WILL KILL YOU. IF YOU DO QUOTE THEM, PLEASE TAKE OUT THE IMG TAGS.

• THIS IS YOUR FRIEND. This tracks everyone's elo, wins, losses, and all players for the IHL.
    [*]This also tracks CHALLENGES between players. Check back often to see who has a beef with you.
    [*]How does elo work? It's easy. The higher your score, the less you gain from beating opponents lower score than you. The lower your score, the more you gain from beating opponents higher score than you. Our elo system calculates the opponent team's average elo and weighs it against yours.
    [*]Want to join? No problem! Just PM Procarbine your steam name or post in the thread and we'll add you to the list.
    [*]Make sure you join the Neogaf channel in Dota2. It's important for finding IHL games.
    [*]Many thanks to Procarbine, Haly, and Ikuu for assisting in creation of the almighty spreadsheet.
HbZON.png

• Don't be a bitch. Man up! Play your games! Don't back down from challenges!
  • Captains must post screenshots of their wins in this thread. Please be TIMELY with your posts. No post, no credit. Yell at your captains to post!
  • Legal IHL games are allowed as soon as you have ten willing GAFfers. No ringers allowed from outside of GAF. No high elo players required. Newbies are free to make their own IHL games and post them.
  • Once again, your game must have 10 confirmed GAFfers. PLEASE try to play your games with your GAF tag to make it easy to update the list.
Qye66.png

• All games are played on USE unless agreed otherwise. This is because of the mix of Euros and Americans we have on GAF.
  • All games must be played on CAPTAIN'S MODE. NO exceptions will be allowed.
  • Team Captains take turns drafting players. The "weaker" perceived Captain chooses who picks first. Player picks go 1-2-2-2-1. Player to choose second chooses first or second pick in CM.
  • All heroes are legal picks. No autobans.

3MxoA.png

• HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
  • There will be more than one winner at the end of IHL season 1!!! No, we haven't decided how yet!
j1bqg.png

• Rage quits. Your first rage quit will result in an elo penalty of 100. Your second will result in permaban from IHL.
  • Throwing. Zero-tolerance policy for real throwing (feeding couriers, running into tower repeatedly, sitting AFK in fountain when you haven't lost yet, etc.)
  • Excessive flaming. This is supposed to be a fun environment for everyone involved. Excessive flaming will be dealt with personally.

ANY WAY THATS IT GUYS
HAVE FUN AND ENJOYYYYYYYYYYY
dTUpp.png

And the highlight of our first night of IHL:
QFsuV.png

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I wish I could play with you guys but my hours are too weird.

my SteamId is sp0rsk if you guys want to play otherwise!

Sibylus

Banned
Bag of shit here! Not sure if 1.09 got my (numerous) apologies ingame, so just throwing out an extra sorry for good measure.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish I could play with you guys but my hours are too weird.

my SteamId is sp0rsk if you guys want to play otherwise!
Japan time, right? You might be able to catch EuroGAF (who is also lacking in players because of their wonky hours), but the lag might be unbearable.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Japan time, right? You might be able to catch EuroGAF (who is also lacking in players because of their wonky hours), but the lag might be unbearable.

Japan time, but I can only play late at night after the kid goes to sleep (which might actually make it easier on the weekends, but during the week its probably not possible).

bzm

Uh, if anyone has complaints/suggestions for astro's stream this would prolly be the best place to put them.

Mid-level player. I'd like to give it a try.

ID: pokingcows (the account name used to add, not ign right?)
Sorijealut if it's the other

Bag of shit here! Not sure if 1.09 got my (numerous) apologies ingame, so just throwing out an extra sorry for good measure.

Also gotta chime in with a sorry. Not sure if it was just lateness or nerves, but that was worse than I've played in a long time.

Gowans

I'm totally 100% down for this.

But I can only play UK time 9-12pm (if I can keep plying the Mrs with books to read)

Gowans007 - Click and add me (can't have enough Dota 2 GAF friends)

Low Tier
no i was not calling anyone on my team shit bags except for one. Losing a ih is fine and dandy, playing bad is fine and dandy, so don't feel insulted, and if you did feel insulted, i'm sorry. Dota's a learning experience, and no one should hinder one's learning. Just don't get spunky and question obvious stuff with stupid questions please.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Add me.

Going to be interesting seeing how new people react to how the IHL goes :lol.

Gowans

I know we have a GAF Dota steam group, maybe we should have a highly moderated GAF IHL Dota Group with only active players in to help with the friends lists?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
My name is on the spreadsheet but I don't know if I want to play IHL.. I just wanted to play a game earlier because DrKirby is my rival :(

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I would like to officially retire from IHL after my first win.

Thanks.

Artanisix

GGs tonight guys, had a huuuuuuuuuge turnout of people online for such short notice. Keep it up, play your games, and keep posting your screenshots!

FtHTiny

Don´t know if i missed it in here but how are the games forming?
Over the steam group or irc? Voice required (which)?

dommynick

Hope everyone enjoyed the stream, I'll be posting here whenever the stream goes live. I'll be working through little fixes and quality of life improvements for the viewers, so keep watching.

Sibylus

Banned
no i was not calling anyone on my team shit bags except for one. Losing a ih is fine and dandy, playing bad is fine and dandy, so don't feel insulted, and if you did feel insulted, i'm sorry. Dota's a learning experience, and no one should hinder one's learning. Just don't get spunky and question obvious stuff with stupid questions please.
Well, due kudos for taking this seriously (and it is, all salt and no water kills the fish).

Top Bottom