• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seduction-age |OT| The only way to win is to play the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evolutionary psychology is not widely or demonstrated to be a reliable metric. It should go without saying that listing it as one of the merits of PUA should induce a few giggles.

I'm glad you had a good experience, but it sounds like this PUA hokum served as a catalyst for personal growth, rather than any sort of surefire method.

It's not a metric, it's a theory.

It's like saying that images of ideal beauty in the media are not widely demonstrated to be a reliable metric for shitty self esteem.

Well no, they're not, cause there's no way to causally prove much in psychology, let alone anything like subconscious attitudes or drives.

Both theories have plenty of evidence for, and plenty of evidence against.

Evolutionary psychology is not widely or demonstrated to be a reliable metric. It should go without saying that listing it as one of the merits of PUA should induce a few giggles.

I'm glad you had a good experience, but it sounds like this PUA hokum served as a catalyst for personal growth, rather than any sort of surefire method.

I disagree with this entirely. Through my vast experience I have managed to distill the human mating experience into a biologically evolutionarly derived formula expressed as a stochastic expression. Buy my ebook now.

Heh, I always find it interesting how people can buy in completely to the notion that our bodies have evolved over time, but the notion that the way we THINK has evolved over time is totally controversial.

Seems pretty reasonable to me to believe that the unconscious and subconscious attitudes, drives and desires that let to successful reproduction would be passed on. We're not talking about knowledge or information, we're talking about basic primal instincts, no different than keeping one's head above water or seeking out warmth in the cold.

I guess people are just naturally resistant to the notion that they are not in complete control (or the only voice of input toward) everything they do or think at any given time.

Tex117

Banned
I just don't understand these types of "systems."

If I can ever muster up the courage to talk to a women at a bar or whatever, it usually ends up pretty well. If it doesn't, no amount of "game" will have saved the encounter.

That said, Im tall and not unfortunate looking.

Forget pick up and develop actual social skills. People can see this shit coming from a mile away.

Pretty much. Before when i used to lack social skills i would read up on ways to pick up women, just like the ones pointed on this thread. I even bought this book:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1861977697/?tag=neogaf0e-20

When i opened it, i realized how pathetic i was. Shortly after, i started going out more and developing my social skills. Now it's incredibly easy to talk to women and have been with my current girlfriend for a year already.

You don't need any of these "pick up" skills BS, just be social and start treating women like human beings and not like challenges.

I fellow the B system.

e freaking amazing. Do not conform, live your own life...

and that's all you need to get any woman you want. Good luck!

Pretty much. Before when i used to lack social skills i would read up on ways to pick up women, just like the ones pointed on this thread. I even bought this book:

When i opened it, i realized how pathetic i was. Shortly after, i started going out more and developing my social skills. Now it's incredibly easy to talk to women and have been with my current girlfriend for a year already.

You don't need any of these "pick up" skills BS, just be social and start treating women like human beings and not like challenges.

This is the exact opposite of how I found success.

I think every guy needs to find their own way of approaching the issue. What works for one may make another uncomfortable or may simply be ineffective for another.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"

Listen to this guy. Men act as if women are from another planet in which we need secret code in order to talk to them. Be yourself and everything else will follow.

Seanspeed

Banned
This is the exact opposite of how I found success.

I think every guy needs to find their own way of approaching the issue. What works for one may make another uncomfortable or may simply be ineffective for another.

I think the problem is that it sounds like you're kind of dehumanizing women in the process. Especially when you talk about how they're interchangeable and none are individually special and shit.

Got a question: After you find 'success', are you comfortable enough to tell your girlfriend about the 'process' that you went through to find her? Would you tell her all the stuff you're telling us now?

Minamu

Got a question: After you find 'success', are you comfortable enough to tell your girlfriend about the 'process' that you went through to find her? Would you tell her all the stuff you're telling us now?
I can't speak for him of course but I don't see why not? Mystery's women know about it, some of them even agree to be in his instruction videos and still hang around and have the fullfilling relationships they want to have. I don't use the stuff myself, even though I read a lot of it. I've also seen quite a few girls recently, since I discovered it myself, who has read "The Game" and found it interesting, and none of them have called it demeaning to women either. I've also met a young woman who uses the same stuff, but in reverse, to great success. Of course, most of it is meant to be "used" on women and not the other way around but some of it is universal.

I think the problem is that it sounds like you're kind of dehumanizing women in the process. Especially when you talk about how they're interchangeable and none are individually special and shit.

Depends on the personality of the woman. One girl-friend who was really laid-back and free-spirited, I actually had read 'The Game' and we chatted about it.

Another I talked about game-related stuff in a conversation about gender dynamics, human attraction, psychology, and how I applied some of those concepts to make sure I got her attention instead of all the other guys hitting on her.

Another I didn't tell, cause she didn't have the greatest self-esteem. And were I more mature at the time, I would have taken that hesitation as a warning that our values and lifestyles didn't line up. I screen low self-esteem girls early on now, so that won't be a problem again.

Once a woman is solidly attracted to you, it's actually rather difficult to kill that attraction. It takes sustained unattractive behavior (typically speaking, unattractive behavior is 'weak' or supplicating, or basically just being a doormat), or MAJOR betrayals of trust (cheating, which I don't do.... though there are plenty of women out there that put up with cheating too, cause they're idiots).

And finally, it takes a petty person to be insulted that somebody put effort into trying to attract them. Do I get insulted if a woman wears heels and a short skirt to draw my eye-balls? Hell no. I appreciate it.

I can't speak for him of course but I don't see why not? Mystery's women know about it, some of them even agree to be in his instruction videos and still hang around and have the fullfilling relationships they want to have. I don't use the stuff myself, even though I read a lot of it. I've also seen quite a few girls recently, since I discovered it myself, who has read "The Game" and found it interesting, and none of them have called it demeaning to women either. I've also met a young woman who uses the same stuff, but in reverse, to great success. Of course, most of it is meant to be "used" on women and not the other way around but some of it is universal.

Demonstrations of high value and framing interactions so that the other person is trying to impress YOU are universal. Works on guys and girls.

Tex117

Banned
Once a woman is solidly attracted to you, it's actually rather difficult to kill that attraction.
I do not agree with this at all.

Most women (unlike men), work in "windows of attraction." If you dont hit the right combindation within that window, you are out.

Once a woman is solidly attracted to you, it's actually rather difficult to kill that attraction. It takes sustained unattractive behavior (typically speaking, unattractive behavior is 'weak' or supplicating, or basically just being a doormat), or MAJOR betrayals of trust (cheating, which I don't do.... though there are plenty of women out there that put up with cheating too, cause they're idiots).

Actually its quite simple to have a person you're dating or that may be interested in you to lose interest. VERY easy and very fast.

Most women (unlike men), work in "windows of attraction." If you dont hit the right combindation within that window, you are out.

That's true for the initial encounter up through the first few sexual encounters.

You have a limited window to create attraction, then build comfort. Sex helps solidify it with intimacy.

But once you've carried it far enough to have a relationship though, it takes some sustained effort or negligence to lose the attraction. The girl has emotionally invested, and just like anybody with any investment, they're hesitant to cut their losses and bail.

That's true for the initial encounter up through the first few sexual encounters.

You have a limited window to create attraction, then build comfort. Sex helps solidify it with intimacy.

But once you've carried it far enough to have a relationship though, it takes some sustained effort or negligence to lose the attraction. The girl has emotionally invested, and just like anybody with any investment, they're hesitant to cut their losses and bail.

Hahaha self-proclaimed experts.

Macattk15

I have never viewed myself as a stock before. Interestinggggggggg.

media_preview.php

Out of morbid curiosity, and a really good idea for a major character flaw for a character I want to put into my novel, I've followed online pick up artist discussions (mostly on Reddit) for a little while.

50% of the time it's lonely people, 50% of the time it's people that just want some sexy fun times with no strings. The former won't find love at a bar, the latter should fly to Amsterdam.

so is this for people with aspergers?

Speaking personally, pick up artist stuff violates the one major social rule I always try to follow, which is DON'T BE AN ASSHAT IN PUBLIC. I would expect that most other people with AS who can actually cope enough to attempt anything like this would also have good rules like that.

lopaz

Banned
I was biiig into this stuff for a little while

I started out watching the pickup artist tv show, and dropped a couple of the lines from it in bars, and got shocked to find when girls reacted exactly like in the damn show. I think it was that one when you see two girls and you go 'hey I can totally tell you guys are best friends' and just wind them up with it.

Somehow I never managed to parlay this into getting laid. I think I just don't have the patience. You have to go out to clubs all the time, spend all this time talking to groups of chicks thinking you're getting somewhere and then they just leave.
Then at the end of the night surprise surprise the guys going home with girls are just the really good looking ones ahaha.

A warning to others: there is soooo much bullshit in the area. I think the basics are pretty good (talk to girls, be a little bold, friendly, and sure of yourself), but the whole thing has turned into some psycho cult now. People going around meditating and self actualizing all over the fucking place. I know one guy who is basically working full time for one of the well-known pickup artists for next to nothing, it's very shady.

Well, whatever. My personal experience is I never had trouble finding chicks to bang before this damn cult took over and I started *thinking* about what I was doing

So your personal experiences are universal. Sure.

I don't recall ever saying my personal experiences were universal. I'm only sharing them for discussion.

There is one piece of advice that the PUA community has which I definitely agree with:

Never take advice about attracting women, from a woman.

There is no wider gap than that between what women find attractive, and what women rationalize as attractive.

If you want the truth about what a woman is attracted to, go by her behavior, never her words.

I don't recall ever saying my personal experiences were universal. I'm only sharing them for discussion.

There is one piece of advice that the PUA community has which I definitely agree with:

There is no wider gap than that between what women find attractive, and what women rationalize as attractive.

But sleezeballs looking to make a buck off lonely men, those are ideal.

lol.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

If you want the truth about what a woman is attracted to, go by her behavior, never her words.
wut?

But sleezeballs looking to make a buck off lonely men, those are ideal.

Nope.

The ideal is go out and socialize, make a ton of male friends. Head out with them and figure out which ones are the most successful with women.

Talk to them, observe what they do, and apply it.

chizmiz

Banned

How about that. Women? Silly creatures, slaves to passion! Their brain is so deceptive, they don't even know what they want. I'm glad there are men to rationalize in their stead, if not, the intimate desires of women would never be fulfilled!

How about that. Women? Silly creatures, slaves to passion! Their brain is so deceptive, they don't even know what they want. I'm glad there are men to rationalize in their stead, if not, the intimate desires of women would never be fulfilled!

Men are only slightly better at honestly reflecting on their own subconscious drives and attractions.

I just tell men to talk to us like we're people and I'm met with a bunch of excuses and tired ass rationalizations about how that's impossible.

DanteFox

ITT: People who don't understand the pickup community mock it.

I mean, there are definitely some questionable schools of thought within it, but to dismiss it outright without knowing anything about it is pretty silly.

I just tell men to talk to us like we're people and I'm met with a bunch of excuses and tired ass rationalizations about how that's impossible.
That's literally non-advice when it comes to attracting women.

chizmiz

Banned
ITT: People who don't understand the pickup community mock it.

I mean, there are definitely some questionable schools of thought within it, but to dismiss it outright without knowing anything about it is pretty silly.

... there's a community and there are schools of thought?

You guys need girlfriends, seriously.

But they're still better somehow! Thank God, I was afraid the right order of things would be perverted somehow!

*shrugs* Women are better at honestly reflecting on other things. They're certainly more honest with themselves when it comes to their own emotional state.

Women also suck at peeing standing up. OH NOES SEXIST PATRIARCHY!

chizmiz

Banned
*shrugs* Women are better at honestly reflecting on other things. They're certainly more honest with themselves when it comes to their own emotional state.

Women also suck at peeing standing up. OH NOES SEXIST PATRIARCHY!

It is good to know that there is a biological basis in your argument for you to link pee accuracy and the "nature" of women, naturally "emotional" when men are more "rational", despite the fact that it goes against all serious anthropology, and might I say, moral decency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom