• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iron Brigade PC confirmed - August 13th

derFeef

http://www.doublefine.com/

I’m super excited to announce that on August 13th you’ll be able to fire up Steam and play Iron Brigade on your very own PC. Woo! :D!

It’s also worth noting that the PC version of the game will include the DLC expansion, Rise of the Martian Bear! Yeah! And if you do have an Xbox sans Iron Brigade, the game has been discounted to 800 Microsoft Points as of today.

ibpc01.jpg

ibpc02.jpg

ibpc03.jpg

ibpc04.jpg

Thanks to Nokterian (who is not on GAF yet ;)

Next week got even better. Can't wait to have it on PC now.

Edit: Wait, there's a Costume Quest items now? Those weren't in the XBLA version, were they? I wonder if the Brutal Legend stuff is in there also.

Megasoum

Banned
Brad Muir just said on Twitter that the left and right mouse buttons are mapped to Saluting...no analogue saluting on PC unless you have a pad!

DTKT

Brad Muir just said on Twitter that the left and right mouse buttons are mapped to Saluting...no analogue saluting on PC unless you have a pad!

Modders. You have your mission.

Godspeed.

Anyway, will double dip because :|

Raide

After all the Euro issues when this first came out, I utterly missed it. Still might pick it up for my 360 but that depends on how much it will be on Steam.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
God dammit, I took time to screenshot, crop and upload the tweets, I will not let my work be in vain! So I'll just post the message from the thread I created here instead, cool? cool.

It's not really news, since we've known that it's on the Steam Registry for a while, but..

[url]https://twitter.com/MrMooEar/status/232587589864017920[/url] said:

The real gamechanger, in my opinion:

[url]https://twitter.com/MrMooEar/status/232588527060258817[/url] said:

More info on http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/iron_brigade_is_coming_to_pc/

Always be saluting!

2073193-i_shirt.jpg

MS owns the IP.

Might purchase this if there is a two pack offered.

The only chance that I will buy this now with GfWL is if I can play the game in singleplayer without any server dependencies to Microsofts GfWL servers. I don´t want any activations with them, and I don´t want to be dependent on them supplying updates.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Will buy, day 1. Let's see when I have time to play.

Madridy

What are the chances that it'll be included in Double Fine's Complete pack during Steam's Holiday sale?

or will it not since the game is owned by MS?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What I really want to know is what are the chances of it being available for pre-order on Green Man Gaming so I can use a 25% off discount.

Probably 0% chance.

Will be pre-ordering no matter what.

Kraut

Am I missing something? Were does it say that it's going to be GFWL? Not a deal killer for me if true though, I've been waiting a while for this.

Flux

Looking forward to more Double Fine games on PC. Hopefully there is some sort of group pack for launch.

hym

Banned
As far as I understand the situation Double Fine had no choice in the matter, Microsoft decides. And you could blame DF for taking the Microsoft deal but from what I heard about them pitching the game to publishers the only remaining offer for the the budget they were looking for was Microsoft so without them the game would probably not have existed.

Just like Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet this is a game I will forgive for having GFWL.

Mr. F

Banned
As far as I understand the situation Double Fine had no choice in the matter, Microsoft decides. And you could blame DF for taking the Microsoft deal but from what I hear when they pitched the game the only remaining offer for the the budget they were looking for was Microsoft so without them the game would probably not have existed.

Just like Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet this is a game I will forgive having GFWL.

Yep;

ibxHDmxvo8GOmj.png

As far as I understand the situation Double Fine had no choice in the matter, Microsoft decides. And you could blame DF for taking the Microsoft deal but from what I heard about them pitching the game to publishers the only remaining offer for the the budget they were looking for was Microsoft so without them the game would probably not have existed.

Just like Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet this is a game I will forgive having GFWL.

I´m not blaming DF for anything, but I still don´t want to use GfWL. It only exists still because of MS being able to afford to not pull the plug on it.

DTKT

I'm torn. :|

I hate GFWL, it's a bloated, badly designed, akward, and frankly, sub-par digital platform.

On the other hand, Double Fine is a great studio and Iron Brigade is an awesome little mech game. And I really want to support Double Fine. :(

Microsoft own the IP so of course it was going to be GFWL.

Fantastic game, don't miss out.

I don't see what is "of course" about it. Games For Windows Live is a dead platform. Microsoft hasn't even bothered updating it in TWO YEARS. If they are going to abandon the platform and not even bother trying to fix it, why in the fuck are they forcing titles they publish to use it?

derFeef

I don't see what is "of course" about it. Games For Windows Live is a dead platform. Microsoft hasn't even bothered updating it in TWO YEARS. If they are going to abandon the platform and not even bother trying to fix it, why in the fuck are they forcing titles they publish to use it?

GFWL is integrated in Win8, it's just there, it works, you won't notice it.

DTKT

Because 100% profit son. Minimal investment and they have no active dev team working on the client. So, you just have to maintain servers and authentication. Pretty cheap for a service that is guarantee to return 30% on game sales. I'm almost willing to bet that it's even profitable.

Gowans

In surprised thy didn't wait till the win 8 launch like skulls of Shogun, sure it will e right up there on the Win8 store.

Top Bottom