• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Zen Pinball 2 Devs please add PlayStation Move Support ok thanks goodbye!

onQ123

PlayStation Move is the only natural fit for playing a Pinball game on a console, why am I stuck with both my hands together holding the DS3 pressing R1 & L1 when PlayStation Move would let my hands move freely & natural & the triggers are better for controlling the flippers.

it's not like you would have to add any motion tracking all I'm asking for is that I can use 1 PS Move for the Right Flipper & the other for the Left Flipper & maybe let me pull the ball launcher back by holding the trigger & pulling the Move back & releasing the trigger.

1347042_o.gif

& maybe use the Playstation Eye to let me nudge the table lol.

Skyzard

Banned
It's not a bad idea, resembles playing a machine more. Might be worth sending them an email though? They on GAF?

onQ123

It's not a bad idea, resembles playing a machine more. Might be worth sending them an email though? They on GAF?

Most people don't stop to think about the fact that what I'm saying is true they only see the words 'PlayStation Move' & think it's a bad ideal when it make perfect sense all besides the table humping that was just a joke.

Agent X

PlayStation Move is the only natural fit for playing a Pinball game on a console, why am I stuck with both my hands together holding the DS3 pressing R1 & L1 when PlayStation Move would let my hands move freely & natural & the triggers are better for controlling the flippers.

it's not like you would have to add any motion tracking all I'm asking for is that I can use 1 PS Move for the Right Flipper & the other for the Left Flipper & maybe let me pull the ball launcher back by holding the trigger & pulling the Move back & releasing the trigger.

Move isn't really "necessary" for a good playing pinball game, but I see the point onQ123 was trying to make.

I've put many hours into the Wii version of Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection, and I can see why having the hands separated wider apart might feel more like gripping the sides of a pinball machine.

One problem with using Move controllers, though, is that the T button is an analog trigger, and wouldn't have the snappy, precise feel of a digital button for simulating flippers. The Wii Remote and nunchuk buttons are digital, so this isn't an issue here. A creative workaround for this (using the Move controllers) would be to use the Move button instead of the T button as the flipper.

I do like the idea of pulling back the Move to use as the ball launcher.

I believe an even better idea would be to have some sort of tabletop controller, which has flipper buttons on the side and a plunger in the front near the right side. I imagine a modified version of a Mad Catz arcade stick could be sold as a "retro" controller for classic arcade and pinball enthusiasts. This could even be used on the PC. Of course, you'd need to have developers like Zen Studios and FarSight Studios build support for these controls into their games.

onQ123

Move isn't really "necessary" for a good playing pinball game, but I see the point onQ123 was trying to make.

I've put many hours into the Wii version of Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection, and I can see why having the hands separated wider apart might feel more like gripping the sides of a pinball machine.

One problem with using Move controllers, though, is that the T button is an analog trigger, and wouldn't have the snappy, precise feel of a digital button for simulating flippers. The Wii Remote and nunchuk buttons are digital, so this isn't an issue here. A creative workaround for this (using the Move controllers) would be to use the Move button instead of the T button as the flipper.

I do like the idea of pulling back the Move to use as the ball launcher.

I believe an even better idea would be to have some sort of tabletop controller, which has flipper buttons on the side and a plunger in the front near the right side. I imagine a modified version of a Mad Catz arcade stick could be sold as a "retro" controller for classic arcade and pinball enthusiasts. This could even be used on the PC. Of course, you'd need to have developers like Zen Studios and FarSight Studios build support for these controls into their games.

The triggers on the PS Move are pretty snappy & they are in a better play than the L & R buttons on the DS3 for having better response time.

zroid

Banned
Oh, you're just saying you want a separate controller for each flipper, lol.

Motion controls would be ridiculously bad. If games supported dual-Navigation controllers, I would buy a second one in a heartbeat. Splitting up the two hands is one of the Wii's best innovations, imo. Love it.

Wish you had clarified better in the title, everyone's going to dismiss your thread by assuming you were just asking for motion controls.

Top Bottom