• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes direct-feed screenshots

Nibel

Here's to you

lVteb.jpg

Eqbz2.jpg

v1F7t.jpg

MCYFO.jpg

LNuAC.jpg

9aKIi.jpg

y2IOy.jpg

oMQz0.jpg

3KDOO.jpg

rGQlm.jpg

Source (Thanks StuBurns!)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Very impressive, and stills do a good job of highlighting that this is indeed a current generation targetted game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I thought we were still unsure if that was chico or not.
We all know hoe kojima likes to screw around.

Both Kojima and his translator confirmed it's Chico we see at the beginning in the cage.

watershed

Banned
I don't want to derail this thread but is it safe to assume the Wii U would be able to run this game? I'm not asking if this game wil come to the Wii U because Kojima has already said if he makes anything for it, it would have to be specific to the Wii U's unique interface.

But seeing as how this is targeted at current gen consoles its got to be possible on the Wii U as well right? I ask because I haven't seen any Wii U game that has character models and lighting as good as this demo.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I don't want to derail this thread but is it safe to assume the Wii U would be able to run this game? I'm not asking if this game wil come to the Wii U because Kojima has already said if he makes anything for it, it would have to be specific to the Wii U's unique interface.

But seeing as how this is targeted at current gen consoles its got to be possible on the Wii U as well right? I ask because I haven't seen any Wii U game that has character models and lighting as good as this demo.

It's a current gen game, so yes, Wii U should be run this.

Jawmuncher

Yes the Wii U could probably run it.
Especially with the numerous claims that the Wii U is indeed more powerful than the PS3 and 360.

It's supposed to run on a 360 and PS3, so yeah, even if the worst case predictions for the WiiU come true it should run easily.

Aside from that, the screenshots really look... meh? The game really seems to only come together in motion.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, this definitely doesn't look as next gen as I previously thought but it actually makes it look even more impressive now that it seems within reach of the current gen. If they just fix the dithering on the har and foliage it'll look absolutely insane. The scale of this game combined with the visuals and, hopefully, quality AI blows me away.

It could really look stunning in high resolution, without the dithering and aliasing and with some decent tessellation to sort out the obvious polygon edges. Hopefully Konami/Kojima reward their artists by releasing a PC version that shows off what the engine and artists are capable of without the necessary and harsh compromises needed to squeeze this on the PS3/360.

gogogow

Yeah, this definitely doesn't look as next gen as I previously thought but it actually makes it look even more impressive now that it seems within reach of the current gen. If they just fix the dithering on the har and foliage it'll look absolutely insane. The scale of this game combined with the visuals and, hopefully, quality AI blows me away.

It's not "true" next gen graphics, but I would say these kind of graphics at 1080p (without the dithering, with AA and maybe 60fps) would be early (first year) graphics on the PS4/Nextbox.

Carbonox

Still looks stunning but yeah, these screenshots definitely paint a clearer picture on the whole capabilities thing. That third screenshot in particular sticks out like a sore thumb.

You can believe that if you want, I know that that's a lie, no PC with a 7800GT could output graphics like that.

There seems to be a lot of confusion around that statement. I'll be shocked if Kojima didn't simply mean they were simply running the PC version at "console quality" settings (paired back resolution, no AA, 30FPS cap, A2C etc.) in order to give people an impression of what the final console version "should" look like once they've finished their optimisation. There's no reason that the actual machine itself wasn't anything short of cutting edge. This is standard practice these days.

Very impressive, and stills do a good job of highlighting that this is indeed a current generation targetted game.

I kinda agree, but i always try to remember how horrible peoples' memory is when it comes to graphics.

this looks way better to me than 99% of what i've seen this gen on consoles.

I would not be surprised if the console version has even more apparent jaggies and lower resolution. Making "this gen graphics" really this gen graphics.

Top Bottom