• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Blacklist - The Fifth Freedom Trailer

Seda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77nYiyLItUE [North America]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBZ947lPB18 [United Kingdom]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDpYeJXwLt8 [Italy]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48LQmdpdsVg [Australia]

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...cell-blacklist-introducing-the-fifth-freedom/

When I was asked to contribute a post for PlayStation Blog about the Fifth Freedom and its role in Splinter Cell: Blacklist, it occurred to me how timely this request was. Splinter Cell is a franchise that has always been grounded in realism, and the latest installment of the game features a story ripped straight from today’s headlines.
In reality, there are conflicts in the world we are aware of. But then there are the conflicts we will never hear about – a war in the shadows that will be defused by the few who must make difficult decisions, and who carry a heavy burden to protect our fundamental liberties.

This is the context for granting Sam Fisher the Fifth Freedom in Splinter Cell: Blacklist – the power to do whatever it takes to protect the greater good. Only the President can authorise the Fifth Freedom, and only the most skilled and trustworthy operatives America has to offer have ever received it.

I am not in the position to judge what is happening out there – but it did make me think. We play on our €500 iPhones, sipping our Venti lattes. We go on living blissfully unaware of what goes on, every day. But the ugly truth is that there are real people out there making incredibly difficult decisions to protect our comfortable way of life.
These current and mature themes form the foundation of our story in Splinter Cell: Blacklist. As game creators, we hope to put players into difficult situations that will push them to think about the consequences of their choices. And it’s our greatest hope it will be an experience that will immerse gamers and maybe even get them to examine their own perspective.

adelante

Carlo Rota's in the game? Neat

U1ieF.jpg

Although I think it's the same scene from the walkthrough, it's weird that torture has become a part of this series. I guess its the progression from being able to interrogate dudes but it's still odd to me.

Shinta

Banned
So it is coming out on PS3, good. I was kind of confused about that after E3. Conviction is extremely underrated.

I'm really not liking the new Sam voice at all though. I'm not liking the airstrikes. I'm not liking the overly patriotic chest-beating in the trailer either.

Hopefully the game is good despite early impressions. They need more deniable ops missions.

Although I think it's the same scene from the walkthrough, it's weird that torture has become a part of this series. I guess its the progression from being able to interrogate dudes but it's still odd to me.

It is odd. It made sense in Conviction because he was out for revenge and completely unaffiliated with any organizations.

I honestly don't know why they don't just officially make it 24: The Game. Get Kiefer to do the voice work. Get those writers on board. I'm sure it would sell.

Chinner

Banned
they should have introdced another character and had sam fisher/ironside as like a teacher/authority figure and then at the end it passes to the new guy.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
they should have introdced another character and had sam fisher/ironside as like a teacher/authority figure and then at the end it passes to the new guy.

Splinter Cell : Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Shinta

Banned

Definitely. Archer and Kestrel were both neat. Having Sam Fisher sound like that was a bad call.

UrbanRats

Wow, i'm a bit appalled by how seriously it takes itself, with its shitty story.
Looks like a hyper violent sadist version of a Chuck Norris movie.

Also this.

-BLITZ-

Wonderful made with the thread title.

Wait a minute, they haven't shown much new, all of it goes back from the beta gameplay of E3 footage, everything is copy from there. In what category this trailer fits ? Fan-made ?

Oh man, it seems the game is not even ready yet.

overburning

Neo Member
I still think they should've gone 'Bourne' with this, Fisher is narrating and I didn't even realise it until he spells it out.

Trailer was meh, but I'm still excited about the game. The new VA still hasn't blown me away, though I have high hopes about him. Also, you guys think Sam and Grim have hooked up yet? I dunno why I'm expecting it, but I am.

No Ironside = no Fisher = no buy.

I don't understand why they didn't just make some new Splinter Cell agent if they're getting rid of Ironside. Or have Ironside's Fischer go to some mentor type role.

Beyond that, the game looks incredibly generic amidst every other gritty, visceral, modern warfare shooter on the market. I used to love Splinter Cell as a franchise but now I couldn't care less, which is a shame.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sam Fisher sitting behind a chest high wall in daylight, carrying an AK-47 while getting shot at by a technical.

What the fuck happened Ubisoft?

... I'll save my money for Ground Zeroes.

Ground Zeroes looks closer to Chaos Theory more than any recent SC game.

bede-x

Looks generic. It's strange that developers don't get that it's ok not to look like Call of Duty. Their game is not gonna sell like CoD anyways and still they keep chasing it, while ruining franchises in the process. Sad really.

"It's the right to defend our laws... by BREAKING them. To save lives... by TAKING them."

10/10 bros, looks like the patrioticest torturiffic shootbang ever!

Top Bottom