• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored - PC performance thread

ekim

To keep the OT clear from question about how the game runs on several systems I thought a dedicated performance thread is a good idea.

Video settings ingame:
settingsdpkgw.png

My rig (well actually it's a notebook):

CPU: Core i5 2430M@2.6GHz
GPU: Nvidia GT 540M
Memory: 8 GB Ram
Storage: Samsung 830 SSD 256GB

Graphical settings:
Resolution: 1366x768
Anti-Aliasing: FXAA
Everything else set to high/on (except rat shadows)

The intro and the first mission run around 30-40 FPS with rare drops to ~20 FPS.
I'm impressed with the performance on this one. I hope later levels won't demand more power.
PC menu options video

Additional configuration: (Pretty cool)
Nearly everything for your current campaign can be tweaked.
To find the ini files, go to %USERDIR%\Documents\my games\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config

You are even able to change AI settings like the loudnesse distance in which guards will notice you by sound or how often and long they're looking for you after an alarm.
(Hardcore mods incoming)

Just look at the folder to see all the ini files. Nearly everything can be changed from several engine stats to the behavior of weapons.

Set FOV higher than 85:
To fix your FOV go to %USERDIR%\Documents\my games\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config

Open DishonoredEngine.ini

Search for:
GameFOVAngle=75.000000

and change it to meet your needs.

Salsa

good performance for a laptop.

still super bummed that I dont get to play this till the european release date for some reason

lack of AA options right? hating that trend on PC games, this is 2012

ekim

To find the ini files, go to %USERDIR%\Documents\my games\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config

You are even able to change AI settings like the loudnesse distance in which guards will notice you by sound or how often and long they looking for you after an alarm.
(Hardcore mods incoming)

Just look at the folder to see all the ini files. Nearly everything can be changed from several engine stats to the behavior of weapons.

burgerdog

3570k @ 4.2
8gb ram
Windows 7 64bit

1920x1080p everything set to high, mlaa, and rat shadows on: 60fps locked.

Scavenger

To keep the OT clear from question about how the game runs on several systems I thought a dedicated performance thread is a good idea.

My rig (well actually it's a notebook):
CPU: Core i5 2430M@2.6GHz
GPU: Nvidia GT 540M
Memory: 8 GB Ram
Storage: Samsung 830 SSD 256GB

Graphical settings:
Resolution: 1366x768
Anti-Aliasing: FXAA
Everything else set to high/on (except rat shadows)

The intro and the first mission run around 30-40 FPS with rare drops to ~20 FPS.
I'm impressed with the performance on this one. I hope later levels won't demand more power.

You are even able to change AI settings like the loudnesse distance in which guards will notice you by sound or how often and long they looking for you after an alarm.
(Hardcore mods incoming)

How is the performance with no AA? I have a laptop with similar specs. Also, what kind of video settings are available in the menu?

Kenka

You guys are lucky, I still need to wait for my copy to arrive.

But I'll post my hardware and performances once I install it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wonder how it'll perform with my trusty GTX570?

I'm fairly certain the game hasn't dropped below 60fps on my GTX570. I'm not running fraps to check though. It just looks stupid silky smooth, constantly, no matter what.

Very keen to see if we get some good, clean SGSSAA bits for this one.

ekim

How is the performance with no AA? I have a laptop with similar specs. Also, what kind of video settings are available in the menu?

you can't disable AA in the menu but I'm sure it's possible to turn it off in some ini file.
Video settings are pretty limited in the menu:
Resolution, VSync, Brightness, Texture detail, character detail, some kind of bloom, rat shadow, type of AA.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm fairly certain the game hasn't dropped below 60fps on my GTX570. I'm not running fraps to check though. It just looks stupid silky smooth, constantly, no matter what.

Have you tried the Mass Effect ones?

Sid

It isn't exactly a pretty looking game so i guess it should run well on a 570 at least.

Corky

How's the situation on a proper AA compatibility bit?

Here's a list for different ue3 games, I don't have the game so feel free to try em out :

0x000010C1
0x004040C1
0x080100c5
0x08009CC5

Sethos

Banned
Here's a list for different ue3 games, I don't have the game so feel free to try em out :

0x000010C1
0x004040C1
0x080100c5
0x08009CC5

Don't have the game either, so I'm just asking around. Need mah' proper AA before I put down any money. Hopefully someone can try those out.

DocSeuss

Welp, I know how I'll be fixing my FOV tomorrow.

The game's running silky smooth at 1920*1200 and 1080, even though I've only got a GTX260 and a 3.4GHZ Phenom II X4. The 12GB of DDR3 1600 might be helping, I guess.

Ledsen

The game's running silky smooth at 1920*1200 and 1080, even though I've only got a GTX260 and a 3.4GHZ Phenom II X4. The 12GB of DDR3 1600 might be helping, I guess.

Not really, no.

.nimrod

0x000010C1
0x004040C1
0x080100c5
0x08009CC5

Don't have the game either, so I'm just asking around. Need mah' proper AA before I put down any money. Hopefully someone can try those out.

I just tried the first bits with 4xSGSSAA and it seems to work fine, fps do drop below 60 on my GTX580 sometimes though

dishonored2012-10-091h6pso.png

Corky

I just tried the first bits with 4xSGSSAA and it seems to work fine, fps do drop below 60 on my GTX580 sometimes though

http://www.abload.de/img/dishonored2012-10-091h6pso.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Give : 0x080100C5 a go since it's apparently better optimized and tell us if the performance got better.

.nimrod

Give : 0x080100C5 a go since it's apparently better optimized and tell us if the performance got better.

Doesn't work for me sadly, i tried all four bitfields you posted earlier and only the first two work.
Performance seems to be equal for both, but i only ran around in the very first area. Framerate drops only if there is a lot of transparency on screen, like smoke or water splashes.

It never went below 40 fps and stays almost always at 60, at least at the very beginning of the game. I'll definitely keep using 4xSGSSAA for now.

Just to throw my info in the pot.

Core i7-920 @3.8 ghz
GTX 680
6 gigs of ram
1080p or 1650x1050 depending on monitor or TV.
120+/- fps at all times.

Can someone tell me how to do the super sampling? I literally have no clue as to how to do it with my set up.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Ha! Nope.
RAM adds so little to game performance i dont understand how and why "gaming" PC owners ever have above 8GB of RAM running at any speed above 1333Mhz.

http://www.abload.de/img/dishonored2012-10-091h6pso.png

Hmmm......looking good, looking good stresses out a GTX580.....how OC'd is that 580 and can you check Vram usage.
Im hoping to 4xSGSSAA with my Golden 570 but its only got 1.2GB is nothing these days.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is spotflux free to use and as you said, you log out of steam, run the spotflux then log back in?

When you log back in steam is this done in online mode and can I uninstall spotflux once I'm back in?

You can remain online while using Spotflux (despite being free, there are no limits in place that prevent this), but I'd recommend only using it when you want to play the game, lest you accidentally purchase something via a Steam Store intended for a region that is not your own. Disabling Spotflux will cause the game to revert back to its previous locked state (in the Steam Client, that is -- you won't be booted out of the game itself), but reenabling the VPN and restarting Steam will fix this. Also be aware that although there have been no reports of VPN usage drawing the ire of Valve in cases where you're not actively attempting to bypass the Steam Store of your region, use of a VPN at all is technically against the SSA.

.nimrod

[..]Hmmm......looking good, looking good stresses out a GTX580.....how OC'd is that 580 and can you check Vram usage.
Im hoping to 4xSGSSAA with my Golden 570 but its only got 1.2GB is nothing these days.

It's just a stock 580, memory usage sits at roughly 980MB

Derrick01

Banned
I wonder how it'll perform with my trusty GTX570?

I'm pretty sure I'm running it maxed out at 1080p on a 470. I have everything on high and MLAA on and the FOV set to max in game (85). Only thing I have off is vsync since I have d3doverrider.

Short story made shorter the game runs like a dream.

KKRT00

I'll probably go with 1.5x1.5 OGSSAA + SMAA from sweetFX [or just ingame MLAA? how blurry is it] if only steam overlay wont crash. Still cant decide what to buy, this or XCom ;\

Last month Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 were released on the same day, now XCom and Dishonored are... What is wrong with those publishers? Seriously.

Used spotflux, uninstalled it and now running steam in offline mode.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, some of the settings such model detail reverts back to normal from high when I close the game and launch it.

Anyway,
Running the game on everything maxed at 1080p to my tv with the x360 controller all at 60fps.Using MLAA

My system isn't high end by any means.

i7 920 stock
GeForce 5700gtx
Win 7 64bit
6GB

One more thing, since I'm playing in offline mode the game will still be saved to my PC, and once I enable online mode my save file will updated to the cloud?

SparkTR

Used spotflux, uninstalled it and now running steam in offline mode.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, some of the settings such model detail reverts back to normal from high when I close the game and launch it.

Anyway,
Running the game on everything maxed at 1080p to my tv with the x360 controller all at 60fps.Using MLAA

My system isn't high end by any means.

i7 920 stock
GeForce 5700gtx
Win 7 64bit
6GB

One more thing, since I'm playing in offline mode the game will still be saved to my PC, and once I enable online mode my save file will updated to the cloud?

That settings revert thing happens in offline mode, so annoying I'm just going to wait until it releases in my region. Your saves should be uploaded to the cloud once you go back online.

Also use SMAA at the very least, and turn off all in-game anti aliasing methods. They're really bad for the image quality.

With both this game and Borderlands 2 mapping dual wield controls in visually counter-intuitive way on the mouse I'm about to lose my mind. I understand why they do it but I seriously can't fucking wrap my head around it. Anyone know if this can be changed?

CTE

Seems like if you have a decent cpu and a 560ti/470 or higher you're good to go with maxed setting on this game. I didn't think it was going to be very demanding after seeing TB's WTF of it on Youtube. Love the look overall, though.

With both this game and Borderlands 2 mapping dual wield controls in visually counter-intuitive way on the mouse I'm about to lose my mind. I understand why they do it but I seriously can't fucking wrap my head around it. Anyone know if this can be changed?

You can rebind it so it would work the proper way just swap the left and right mouse buttons. I think the tooltips even change accordingly.

Borderlands 2 also has automatic button swap feature, but its far more confusing in that game because the buttons don't always do the same thing.

You can rebind it so it would work the proper way just swap the left and right mouse buttons. I think the tooltips even change accordingly.

Borderlands 2 also has automatic button swap feature, but its far more confusing in that game because the buttons don't always do the same thing.

I must've missed it in the options.

Top Bottom