• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Yoko Shimomura's birthday.

Mr. RHC

She is such an inspiring talent, really love her compositions in Kingdom Hearts!

Somnus is also a fantastic track for FF Versus XIII (also kown as NOCTIS-OUJI!). And of course the tracks in the 6 min + Versus Trailer.

Fun fact: She was in someway part of composing the soundtrack for Street Fighter 2.

---

One of my many favourites, Aqua's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHB0S9Y8u1E

I think she does the best Piano parts in the industry beside Nobuo. But her style is very distinctive.

My favorites from her are mostly on the SNES:

Most of the Street Fighter II tracks, classics.
Super Mario RPG
Breath of Fire
Parasite Eve

Seda

From her twitter

proxy.jpg

674317002.jpg

DJIzana

I'm in love with the song that starts at 2:44: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8&t=2m44s

I don't think it has a (published) name, but it's been in a couple Versus trailers going back at least to the DKS3713 trailer from 2008(?).

Honestly, if the music wasn't as godly as it is, I sometimes wonder if I'd be as hyped as I am for this game...

I wonder is she remembers Versus XIII.

I really love her work.

She darn well better be! Never forget! Versus XIII! xD

ubercheez

+1.

I'll also throw Namine's Theme out there as another beautiful piece.

I just found out from her wikipedia page that she collaborated on the very first Breath of Fire. Further investigation reveals that she composed exactly one song for that game, and she doesn't even remember which. Too bad VG music crediting was so half-assed back then.

- J - D -

Just recently finished Parasite Eve and its sequels, all composed by her. While they don't stand as shining examples of her best work, they're still quite nice.

Happy birthday!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
This sounds really nice, how is the game?

I loved the battle system (I swear I'm the only one.) I like the Ranker system. Characters and story are... not great. I would have preferred it to just be about trying to make your way to the top rather than having a shoehorned save the world plot. Interestingly, the short stories that came out for it made the story more interesting, but the actual story in the game just doesn't hold up.

randomkid

For me it's the breadth that's impressive. This woman was responsible for Street Fighter 2, Super Mario RPG, Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana and Kingdom Hearts. Think about that.

I should seek out some of her stuff pre-Street Fighter, I'm pretty curious.

Top Bottom