• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Hardy to star in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (film)

Sober

Pandora Tomorrow and Conviction's character models could be switched and I would believe it.
The only bad part of SCCT was the Sam face in that game. Honestly.

Like I said in the other thread.

Lambert.

bsB4P.jpg

Anna Grímsdóttir.

85c8t.jpg

Do it.
Dennis Haysbert actually was Lambert in SCPT, so yeah, that might work.

Also always on board for more Emma Stone.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If they cast Dennis Haysbert in it that would be amazing. It was so awesome when he was in Pandora Tomorrow.

You bought a $30 blu ray for a movie you hadn't seen? WHY

I guess for the same reason I buy games without actually playing them first.

I never had the time to see it in theaters. Some members of my family saw it and told me it was "quite good". During that period I was considering starting a blu-ray collection. One day I went to Future Shop in order to replace my mouse and saw the movie in a sales stand. Being the fan of the series that I was back then, I decided to purchase it. Kind of an impulse buy. Went back to my home and watched it. When the ending credits were rolling, I felt so bitter and salty inside. I kept telling myself "Why the fuck did I do this? WHY COULDN'T YOU RENT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?". At least I've learned 2 things from this episode. First is that I should always watch a movie before buying it. Second is that my cousins have shit taste.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Don't think this warrants a new thread, but studio has been locked down

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118063180
New Regency has locked down its second major videogame adaptation from Ubisoft, coming onboard to produce the French videogamemaker's bigscreen version of "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell."

Tom Hardy is attached to star in the actioner that Eric Warren Singer is writing.

In October, New Regency partnered with Ubisoft to produce "Assassin's Creed," which will star Michael Fassbender. Thesp is also co-producing the project through his shingle.

Both projects will likely be distributed by Fox since New Regency has a long-standing relationship with the studio.

As part of the deal, Ubisoft will work closely with New Regency to develop and co-produce "Splinter Cell" with Jean-Julien Baronnet, CEO of Ubisoft Motion Pictures.

Hardy will play Sam Fisher, a highly trained special operative in a fictional black-ops operation called Echelon. Singer also penned Black List script "American Bullshit"; David O. Russell is set to direct the film, with Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner to star.

Game has sold more than 23 million copies since its debut in 2002. Six games have been released so far, with "Splinter Cell: Blacklist," to be released next spring, developed by Ubisoft Toronto.

UMP, founded last year, also has a "Rabbids" TV series, based on the "Raving Rabbids" game, set to bow on France Televisions and Nickelodeon.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but honestly I don't see this or a fassbender assassins creed panning out, thankfully

I think an AC movie could be good but they need to do their own thing. A movie based exactly on the game will suck but if they can do things in a more movie friendly way it could work. A movie about assassins starring Michael Fassbender sounds pretty awesome.

S1kkZ

i hope for the best, but this is not going to be the videogame movie we need ( a high quality film that is respectful to the source material and a boxoffice hit, so it kickstarts a lot of quality videogame movies).

it happenend to comic book movies, so i am hopeful something similar can happen to videogames.

Top Bottom