• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Skyrim Looks Like When You’re Running 100 Mods At Once

mocoworm

WOW!

Lock if old.

http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyrim-looks-like-when-youre-running-100-mods-at-once

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Fuck sakes; I was hoping this would be negative so I could just ask "The PS3 version?"

Pretty anyway. Especially that grass.
Also love that night sky mod.

EVOL 100%

AND SUDDENLY NAKED WOMAN

But seriously that does look beautiful. I wish modders could do something about those godawful animations too.

I love how the first comment on the story is "how do you people think this looks good omg".

Oh internet, never change.

I don't think it looks good. It's bloomy to the point of being blurry, and there is way too much contrast, making shadows basically black holes. Also the grass distribution is silly, vanilla grass actually looks a lot better.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
lol at that one bloke in the comments saying these screens are just plain ugly and that the mod he uses/posted screenshots of was better.

The_Monk

For someone who finished Skyrim this sure looks nice but I wonder how much would I need to get this running on a PC.

And I wonder how much work it would give (I never worked with Mods).

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I do live for the day I no longer have to ever see a flat "grass" texture. I am hoping this coming gen will be the proper beginning of that (seriously if Wii games such as Sonic Colours and Xenoblade can fukken do it...), but stuff on this scale is probably next next gen :( But then Skyrim is based on a terrible terrible unoptimised engine, so we'll see!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
yeah, tell me i can play this game with a decent framerate and i would buy it now.

Ha.

Bob White

yeah, tell me i can play this game with a decent framerate and i would buy it now.

Ha.

You can play this game with a decent framerate. I'm using a $500 gtx 580 and with a few tweaks and turning some effects off, my skyrim looks almost as good as this at about 40-55 ish framerate range.

And I don't really know shit about the inner workings of each mod or whatever. I just followed the skyrim mod topic here on gaf.

freddy

Banned
That grass would be hires and responsible for most of the framerate issues. If you toned it down a little and went with lower res textures on it you'd run very close to that with reasonable frames.

elektrixx

Banned
It seems well and good, but you're f'd when you've installed a ton of mods and just one of them causes random crashes.

Stay official.

Top Bottom