• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe hints at top secret project with the "daddy" of Flower and Journey

V_Ben

Banned
Hmm... Could it be Jenova? Or Chris Bell...

Either way, I bet it's a new weird thing for LA Game Space.

Endo Punk

Twisted Flowers, Journey into War, Metal Flow etc etc.

Whatever it is I'm looking forward to it as a fan of Jaffe and Jenova's work.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
we will all become Jaffenova Witnesses this day.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I want the game to be a game that I have a certain amount of energy that I deplete by doing mundane actions and I can re-gain some of that energy by inviting others via twitter and facebook or alternatively use some sort of coins that I can buy to unlock it.

I know it's pretty specific but please make it happen!

David Jaffe and Jenova Chen pairing up? That's a mismatched duo if ever I saw one. Has all the makings of a hit buddy comedy.

The creator of God of War and Twisted Metal teaming up with the creator of Flower and Journey. That's an interesting match, lol. I'm still excited to see what it is, though.

B.O.O.M

well that certainly an interesting mix. Two very creative minds....in different ways. I'm excited to see what this brings

Atomski

I got pretty excited to hopefully see some of Jenova Chens stuff on PC after he dropped the deal with Sony.. but teaming up with Jaffe? Not sure that sounds good.

Corto

Ok, when we think that this industry is utterly predictable and boring an association between Jaffe and Chen just falls on our laps. This is so crazy that it got to work hehehe

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
David Jaffe and Jenova Chen pairing up? That's a mismatched duo if ever I saw one. Has all the makings of a hit buddy comedy.

I could see them as a complementary duo. Chen is all about creating an emotional response using extremely simple gameplay. Jaffe has a populist sensibility but has snuck some attempts at emotional moments into his blockbuster games. Combining their skillsets might get us closer to something both mechanically and emotionally satisfying, if such a thing is possible (which it might not be). (And when I say "emotions" I mean feelings other than fun or engagement or the satisfaction of accomplishing a goal. Stuff like empathy, sadness, or awe.)

Trevelyan

Banned
It's obviously a car combat game where yiu play as Flower petals being driven by the cast of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

bakedpony

Flower combat game!

You can play as a gumamela, rose, sunflower, tulip, poison ivy, etc... each with its own special move.

Top Bottom